What say you

Bruh

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Should John Wilkerson address the doctrinal erros of the last two pastors.

If you think he should, why? And when should he address this? 

If you think he shouldn't, why?

I think perhaps personal apologies and relational restoration processes need to happen first.

But I won't be dogmatic about it as it is not my circus.

:)

Bruh said:

Who's to say he not?  Would you expect him to get up and openly say Hyles taught this wrong and this is the right way?  Only an idiot would do that.  Any man who's taken a church after another man who taught error would never openly correct the previous man.  That is, if he has any sense about him.  You correct the error in baby steps.  IMO.

Bruh said:

Unless you are a member of FBCH, who cares???  Doing so or not has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

cast.sheep said:
Bruh said:

Unless you are a member of FBCH, who cares???  Doing so or not has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

Wow! settle down there lil one.  Majority of the threads on the Hac forum have nothing to do with you. 

The majority of the threads on here have no bearing on your life whatsoever.  Yet, we give our two cents. 

Kinda like the thread that asked, "Would Schaap still be pastor" no bearing on your life, whatsoever.  You do not go to church there, so, why respond and give our opinion? Because, that is what we do on the FFF. 

Or, "How much do HAC/FBCH staff really make?" no bearing on our life, but, we respond, why? because, that is what we do here.  LOL!!

Bruh said:
Or, "How much do HAC/FBCH staff really make?" no bearing on our life, but, we respond, why? because, that is what we do here.  LOL!!

For some of us who grew up with parents as college employees, seeing them give up their families by having to work second/third/fourth jobs in an effort to put a roof over our heads, it mattered. :)

Smellin Coffee said:
Bruh said:

For some of us who grew up with parents as college employees, seeing them give up their families by having to work second/third/fourth jobs in an effort to put a roof over our heads, it mattered. :)

Yes, I agree, 100%.  But, what they make now or back then, it really does not matter today.  We do not go there, right?

It makes for the FFF, that's all. 

Bruh said:

The people who should do that should be the leaders of the church who sat on the board & on the platform, those who were leaders of the college & especially those in the Bible department who never had the guts to question their bosses.

BTW, I think I know what you meant but what is an "erros"?

fishinnut said:
Bruh said:

The people who should do that should be the leaders of the church who sat on the board & on the platform, those who were leaders of the college & especially those in the Bible department who never had the guts to question their bosses.

BTW, I think I know what you meant but what is an "erros"?

LOL!! opps! (r)

John Wilkerson is a careful man. He is dealing with a church that is betrayed, schismatic, questioning, and wounded. Wise men help a church to strengthen before they begin to do surgery, and even then they do it sloooooooowly.

As an alumnus of HAC this aggravates me to no end. He should have fired a whole bunch of staff members by now. As a pastor I completely understand it. If he walked in the door and immediately began announcing where he thought JH and JS were wrong he would smash the fragile coalition he yet has into smithereens. And that would not help the church at all...

Timotheus said:
I don't believe John Wilkerson has the authority to hire or fire anyone. 

And this "belief" is based on what?  I can't imagine a pastor coming to the mess of FBCH and knowing he cannot hire or fire.

IFB X-Files said:
Timotheus said:

And this "belief" is based on what?  I can't imagine a pastor coming to the mess of FBCH and knowing he cannot hire or fire.

I can not imagine it either.

This belief is based on having family and friends still in FBC, plus what BG has said on this forum.  Also I know for a fact that EL knew Jack was off his rocker 1 year before Jack got caught and did nothing about it.

Bruh said:
cast.sheep said:
Bruh said:

Wow! settle down there lil one.  Majority of the threads on the Hac forum have nothing to do with you. 

The majority of the threads on here have no bearing on your life whatsoever.  Yet, we give our two cents. 

Kinda like the thread that asked, "Would Schaap still be pastor" no bearing on your life, whatsoever.  You do not go to church there, so, why respond and give our opinion? Because, that is what we do on the FFF. 

You've got a point there! However I didn't mean my response to be as harsh as it apparently came across. Carry on!!!

IFB X-Files said:
FSSL said:
Does Wilkerson believe the same as JH and/or JS?

That's a little broad, don't you think?  Care to narrow the question down?
... then, let's start with this.... "Does Wilkerson differ from JH, theologically?"

How do you know it for a fact?

Timotheus said:
IFB X-Files said:
Timotheus said:

I can not imagine it either.

This belief is based on having family and friends still in FBC, plus what BG has said on this forum.  Also I know for a fact that EL knew Jack was off his rocker 1 year before Jack got caught and did nothing about it.

Norefund said:
How do you know it for a fact?

I had a couple of conversation with people back in 2011 who mentioned what EL was saying privately about JS. 

There is a lot more to the story than I want to share on a public forum.

Enough is enough - move on - don't continue beating a dead horse!