What SmellinCoffee says is true

Tennessean said:
WOW. Hard to beleve. I'm sceptical because he wrote the date on his post.
Why April 1?

True or not, he did jog a memory or two. For some of us, this story is extremely plausible. Might make me a patsy but until he says otherwise (and he just might), I'm going to go with his account.  :)

Sounds like some pretty specific information. Does any of the information not line up?

praise_yeshua said:
Sounds like some pretty specific information. Does any of the information not line up?

I didn't see anything there that I could definitely say was untrue. He definitely knew the layout.

I do know of a certain person (not named Scott Johnson) who was unceremoniously removed from the campus just like what was mentioned and this fellow was also a security guard during this same time period but was kicked out for other reasons (on non-loyalty, not immoral conduct). That red flagged with me but nothing overtly false that can be dis-proven.

Until it is revealed as a joke or revealed, there is enough there for it to be believable and if Scott was telling the truth, want him to know that he is expressing what a lot of us felt as we became detached from Hammond.

Hey, Scott, what years did you attend HAC?

Having worked there for nearly 20 years...the idea the ministry would have paid for leased lines (dry pair) of wires from HAC to FBCH is unfathomable, especially if it was on a large scale like this.  They did not shun spending money, but for the cost of this kind of operation, they would have done something much more local, like SC has testified previously.

Definitely an April fools thread...

Because he "had to find the courage to tell" also seems a bit dramatic. 

qwerty said:
Having worked there for nearly 20 years...the idea the ministry would have paid for leased lines (dry pair) of wires from HAC to FBCH is unfathomable, especially if it was on a large scale like this.  They did not shun spending money, but for the cost of this kind of operation, they would have done something much more local, like SC has testified previously.

If the tapes were recorded in other places and picked up by this deacon and taken to the hub, the MythBusters might label it as

54851b2b7389a90c2e90f6e7c865f8b47f6a46c77020e39966a71601ad6e3a3c.jpg

So Scott, ya pullin' our chain?

Citadel of Truth said:
There were sets of headphones coming out of each box and on each table were at least 3 reel-to-reel tape machines.

In 1985? Not likely.

Maybe there were some true audiophiles in the group. :)

Many audiophiles still prefer analog.

Citadel of Truth said:
There were sets of headphones coming out of each box and on each table were at least 3 reel-to-reel tape machines.

In 1985? Not likely.

Don't know what those machines are. Maybe we are breaking down a clever April Fool's prankster! :)

Smellin Coffee said:
qwerty said:

If the tapes were recorded in other places and picked up by this deacon and taken to the hub...

Not what he said in his post:

On each table was what looked like an electrical box with many wires coming from the front. There were sets of headphones coming out of each box and on each table were at least 3 reel-to-reel tape machines. I was in shock. It was as if I was in a different building from FBC. This room shouldn’t have been here. I slowly walked down the row wondering what I had stumbled on to. One of the boxes had a piece of masking tape stuck on it and written there was the word Prophets. The next box had a piece of tape that said John Rice. Another box had written on it the word Jones. Another had the word Admin, and another had written on it Faculty I, and another Faculty II. I saw that each of these electrical boxes was labeled from a part of the college campus. Then there was a box labeled church staff, and another labeled HB1, and another HB2.

Sounds like wires coming out of an electrical box, not the reel to reel...

Smellin Coffee said:
Maybe we are breaking down a clever April Fool's prankster! :)
Regardless, my hat's off to him already. Very creative. He's got a career in writing if he chooses. Wait? Could this be Bill Grady???

Citadel of Truth said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Maybe we are breaking down a clever April Fool's prankster! :)
Regardless, my hat's off to him already. Very creative. He's got a career in writing if he chooses. Wait? Could this be Bill Grady???

He did provide a very detailed and enjoyable post.  Notice how he is now absent from the conversation.....or is he!!!!!

The fact that he does not mention pickles makes me think he is a joke.

DH maybe? He is a good writer.

Teri in NC said:

If anyone would know the scoop, he would!

Smellin Coffee said:
Teri in NC said:

He's a paperback writer!!

RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Teri in NC said:

He's a paperback writer!!

We shouldn't mention the cover models...