What to do now ....

Saved by Grace

Elect
Reaction score
I was wondering what he would do after he left Open Door. I figured a few pastor friends of his would have and I joked about some of the names of who all would have him ....sadly i guessed 2 of them off hand

He's been to

Rick Dawson's church in AR - not much to say there ....he probably is just trying to be a blessing

Adam Thompson's church in TX ( they would know all about child abuse there so its possible they would give him some pointers on how to cover tracks better next time. When the twins beat that boy years ago they had the church and many around convinced the twins were suffering for Jesus and not for what they had done ) I feel badly for Bro Ross running with these clowns

Rumor has it Mrs Ross has tongue lashed a few people on Instagram about the "loyalty " card wishing Open Door was loyal to Pastor Ross like Windsor Hills was to Tom Vineyard...... dont think she gets that people saw WHBC for what it had become and LEFT .....

good times.... anybody else know where they are going post away .....

Saved by Grace said:
I was wondering what he would do after he left Open Door. I figured a few pastor friends of his would have and I joked about some of the names of who all would have him ....sadly i guessed 2 of them off hand

He's been to

Rick Dawson's church in AR - not much to say there ....he probably is just trying to be a blessing

Adam Thompson's church in TX ( they would know all about child abuse there so its possible they would give him some pointers on how to cover tracks better next time. When the twins beat that boy years ago they had the church and many around convinced the twins were suffering for Jesus and not for what they had done ) I feel badly for Bro Ross running with these clowns

Rumor has it Mrs Ross has tongue lashed a few people on Instagram about the "loyalty " card wishing Open Door was loyal to Pastor Ross like Windsor Hills was to Tom Vineyard...... dont think she gets that people saw WHBC for what it had become and LEFT .....

good times.... anybody else know where they are going post away .....

Blech; Bob Ross violated the law.  Open Door owes him no "loyalty" on this account (one can still be grateful for any edifying teaching/preaching).

Tom Vineyard did not, as far I know, break any law.  There was great suspicion about his behavior, but it's not the same thing.

Ross "preached" at Higher Plain for Tommy Boy and the clan this past Sunday (05/06/2018).  Both services.

Still think he will end up back at WHBC2.

Just me said:
Ross "preached" at Higher Plain for Tommy Boy and the clan this past Sunday (05/06/2018).  Both services.

If he does they deserve each other.  He was the worse thing to happen to Open Door. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanner said:
Just me said:

If he does they deserve each other.  He was the worse thing to happen to Open Door. 

Wow, that's harsh!

Really? Worse than Jarrell (who was living a lie while pretending to be an IFB)???

I heard him preach a few times (before he went to Open Door) and I didn't like the "leader-as-god" philosophy that he seemed to hold. I didn't think he'd be good for them, but since my experience was very limited, I hoped that they had made a good choice.

Walt said:
Tanner said:
Just me said:

Wow, that's harsh!

Really? Worse than Jarrell (who was living a lie while pretending to be an IFB)???

I heard him preach a few times (before he went to Open Door) and I didn't like the "leader-as-god" philosophy that he seemed to hold. I didn't think he'd be good for them, but since my experience was very limited, I hoped that they had made a good choice.

With Matthew he had the decency to take himself out, reminds me how they do it honorably in Japan. No one had to do any more case closed.

Tanner said:
Just me said:

Tanner : your butthurt is showing .......

Ross may have made a mistake ( i say may because i dont have all the facts and I'll let the story play out before jumping for or against him

You dont seem to understand that he came into a rough situation and bc of his allegations you could understand why the church wanted to part ways even though what he did was mild by some others in comparison.

But alas we shouldn't compare to each other we should compare ourselves to Christ !

Saved by Grace said:
Tanner said:
Just me said:

Ross may have made a mistake ( i say may because i dont have all the facts and I'll let the story play out before jumping for or against him

You dont seem to understand that he came into a rough situation and bc of his allegations you could understand why the church wanted to part ways even though what he did was mild by some others in comparison.

But alas we shouldn't compare to each other we should compare ourselves to Christ !

Not saying he is worse than Jarrell.  Jarrell was far worse for the general public.  Jarrell left town, committed a crime and never returned. 
I?m saying he was worse for the church.  The damage to Open Door, through cover up, allowed for a far worse outcome for the church.  Not to mention the damage he has done to families and relationships.  He has covered up plenty of things that didn?t make the news.  The church has never been in a lower place as it is today. 

I pray God calls a good man to help the hurting people and move the church forward. 

Tanner said:
Saved by Grace said:
Tanner said:
Just me said:

Not saying he is worse than Jarrell.  Jarrell was far worse for the general public.  Jarrell left town, committed a crime and never returned. 
I?m saying he was worse for the church.  The damage to Open Door, through cover up, allowed for a far worse outcome for the church.  Not to mention the damage he has done to families and relationships.  He has covered up plenty of things that didn?t make the news.  The church has never been in a lower place as it is today. 

I pray God calls a good man to help the hurting people and move the church forward.
I ponder situations like this from time to time. Biblically, the church should remain together and heal together.

Practically, (I'm saying this gently and respectfully) what pastor is going to be willing to go, and stay the course knowing it may be years and years before the people heal and the testimony of the church is restored.

That's a tough row to hoe.