What would happen if Jack Schaap showed up at FBC?

What would happen if Jack Schaap showed up at FBC?

• Total voters
No one can really answer what would happen...

What should happen is he is asked to leave.

wtyson said:
No one can really answer what would happen...

What should happen is he is asked to leave.

Okay,... But should that mean that after his time is served that he could not attend a church anywhere? Is anyone SO sick that there is no hospital to help them?

Good question.

He should be in church where there is done accountability. For JS to go to FBCH i believe would be disruptive and is not in the interest of anyone here. What he did is dispicable but not outside of Gods forgiveness and grace.

Our church has a policy to not allow convicted sec offenders on property. However I do know of churches that can assist men in this circumstance.

wtyson said:
Good question.

He should be in church where there is done accountability. For JS to go to FBCH i believe would be disruptive and is not in the interest of anyone here. What he did is dispicable but not outside of Gods forgiveness and grace.

Our church has a policy to not allow convicted sec offenders on property. However I do know of churches that can assist men in this circumstance.

Is that policy in the constitution or what?  I'm really trying to figure out how you can enforce that.  Obviously, you can check online, but how do you approach them to tell them they are not allowed on property?

And, when you do, what problems have you faced?

patriotic said:
Is that policy in the constitution or what?  I'm really trying to figure out how you can enforce that.

This usually works.

Shotgun-barrels-and-shooter-via-Shutterstock-615x345_zps082c2746.jpg

It's really much easier when the sex offenders are not convicted -- then we welcome them with open arms.

patriotic said:
wtyson said:
Good question.

Is that policy in the constitution or what?  I'm really trying to figure out how you can enforce that.  Obviously, you can check online, but how do you approach them to tell them they are not allowed on property?

And, when you do, what problems have you faced?

Yes it is in our constitution. We have addressed this issue several times. I have an obligation to the hundreds of families who send their children to protect them.

We tell them in a loving way and have offered to help them off campus.

Every church must back a decision that they believe is best for their ministry. This is the decision we have made. I believe in restoration...I believe in God's forgiveness. But I also believe God gives us wisdom to make the right decisions for our congregations.

My friend Wtyson writes: "Yes it is in our constitution. We have addressed this issue several times. I have an obligation to the hundreds of families who send their children to protect them.

We tell them in a loving way and have offered to help them off campus.

Every church must back a decision that they believe is best for their ministry. This is the decision we have made. I believe in restoration...I believe in God's forgiveness. But I also believe God gives us wisdom to make the right decisions for our congregations."

My pastor told me that in his first church, they had a convicted sex offender who had served his time and gotten saved while in prison. They allowed him to join the church, but he had to meet with the pastor once a week and stay away from the children. They never had a problem. But even that solution won't work for everybody.