What would the ministry of Jack Hyles look like with modern technology??

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Let's say we could turn back the clock to the peak of Dr. Hyles' ministry with one change - our modern technology would have been available.  What would his ministry look like?  Would the "cover ups" have existed?  Would HAC be any different?  In what positive ways would Dr. Hyles have used technology?  Would his ministry have thrived and survived with the modern technology available?

What think ye, Hacker Nation?

You dumb-bunny!  Bro. Hyles was against computers.  He was afraid of them and told us so frequently.  He would still have the typewriters going in the offices.

Binaca Chugger said:
You dumb-bunny!  Bro. Hyles was against computers.  He was afraid of them and told us so frequently.  He would still have the typewriters going in the offices.

Yes, I remember. :)  At this point in time he would have had to embrace it as all have.  I'm coming from that angle.

Would Dave Hyles' behavior have been brought to light with modern technology?

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

Do you look in the mirror when you type this question?

While you have built me up bigger that life in your eyes, I am but flesh and bones.  I am but one.

It was brought to light many times without modern technology to no avail.

RAIDER said:

I have an even more novel idea.

What if he would have stayed home and reared his son?

Obviously, the country would not have been saved and would have gone to hell in a handbasket.

Jim Jones said:
I have an even more novel idea.

What if he would have stayed home and reared his son?

Norefund said:

RAIDER said:

It was not brought to enough of a light to make a difference.  With modern technology you have phone cameras and are able to record.

RAIDER said:
Let's say we could turn back the clock to the peak of Dr. Hyles' ministry with one change - our modern technology would have been available.  What would his ministry look like?  Would the "cover ups" have existed?  Would HAC be any different?  In what positive ways would Dr. Hyles have used technology?  Would his ministry have thrived and survived with the modern technology available?

I think the tape ministry would have suffered.  People could have just recorded from smart phones and shared in a number of ways.

Had social media been around (Facebook specifically), the cover ups would have been harder to keep hidden, in my opinion.  Someone would have accidentally checked in or tagged a photo or something.

Worlds collide on Facebook.  While a person can control what happens on their own page, they can't control what others post on theirs.

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

I think the tape ministry would have suffered.  People could have just recorded from smart phones and shared in a number of ways.

Had social media been around (Facebook specifically), the cover ups would have been harder to keep hidden, in my opinion.  Someone would have accidentally checked in or tagged a photo or something.

Worlds collide on Facebook.  While a person can control what happens on their own page, they can't control what others post on theirs.

I agree

RAIDER said:

I broke my response up to get my numbers up.  :)

Would HAC be any different?

While I would have loved to have technology, such as free long distance and cell phones to talk home, I am glad there were not camera phones yet.  I did most of my stupid stuff before technology, thank goodness.

Dr. Hyles could have Skyped in to Church Ed more often.  Or girls' meetings if he could not make it.

RAIDER said:
Norefund said:

RAIDER said:

It was not brought to enough of a light to make a difference.  With modern technology you have phone cameras and are able to record.

I'm sure Dave had videos back then, I'm sure he would sell them to you for $19.95.

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

I am glad there were not camera phones yet.  I did most of my stupid stuff before technology, thank goodness.

I feel your pain.  :)

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

Dr. Hyles could have Skyped in to Church Ed more often.  Or girls' meetings if he could not make it.

I could definitely see that!

RAIDER said:

He'd be preaching against Paul Chappell.

Teri in NC said:

Don't you mean that Dave Hyles would be skyping the girls?

RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

I agree

Of course you do.  I'm right.

RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

I am glad there were not camera phones yet.  I did most of my stupid stuff before technology, thank goodness.

I feel your pain.  :)

On the other hand, since we had the mezzanine at the same time, it would have been hilarious to video you drooling and sleeping.

Or how funny to have videoed ANYONE standing up in there and forgetting the low ceiling?