What would the ministry of Jack Hyles look like with modern technology??

Binaca Chugger said:
You dumb-bunny!  Bro. Hyles was against computers.  He was afraid of them and told us so frequently.  He would still have the typewriters going in the offices.

That's funny.  I sold PC's for the college through Bro. AuClaire (sp?) in the late 80's.

Kind of a funny but sickening story here. Jack Trieber has a radio program and it is always on when I leave my shop to go to work. About 10 -12 minutes a day. He will advertise books etc. and says you can go to their website and purchase them. Then all of a sudden he likes to play dumb about technology like he hasn't a clue. He has an i-phone because he has said it but all of a sudden one day he will go to his sidekick, " Iphone? Am I saying that right bro. Jake? Today it was website? Is that what it is bro Jake a website? Am I saying that right?" He always claims he knows nothing and does not know how to send or receive e-mails and his secretary has to print out his emails on paper for him to read. I sent him a message saying it would take him far less time to learn to email than to keep saying to everyone how he doesn't know how. I personally think he is full of crap. But that is just me. ;)

BALAAM said:
Kind of a funny but sickening story here. Jack Trieber has a radio program and it is always on when I leave my shop to go to work. About 10 -12 minutes a day. He will advertise books etc. and says you can go to their website and purchase them. Then all of a sudden he likes to play dumb about technology like he hasn't a clue. He has an i-phone because he has said it but all of a sudden one day he will go to his sidekick, " Iphone? Am I saying that right bro. Jake? Today it was website? Is that what it is bro Jake a website? Am I saying that right?" He always claims he knows nothing and does not know how to send or receive e-mails and his secretary has to print out his emails on paper for him to read. I sent him a message saying it would take him far less time to learn to email than to keep saying to everyone how he doesn't know how. I personally think he is full of crap. But that is just me. ;)
Remember when Genuis IQ Jack Hyles would feign the inability to pronounce someone's name, that he didn't respect?
Like "what's that woman's name, who's fat one week, skinny the next, and then fat again?  Okra?  Orpah?"

It must be a schtick they all learn.

Earnestly Contend

prophet said:
BALAAM said:
Remember when Genuis IQ Jack Hyles would feign the inability to pronounce someone's name, that he didn't respect?
Like "what's that woman's name, who's fat one week, skinny the next, and then fat again?  Okra?  Orpah?"

Earnestly Contend

I always found it funny that he mispronounced Bob Dylan's name on his famous sermon on rock music.  :)

RAIDER said:
prophet said:
BALAAM said:

Earnestly Contend

I always found it funny that he mispronounced Bob Dylan's name on his famous sermon on rock music.  :)

I don't think he knew who Mr. Tambourine Man was.

http://www.wat.tv/video/bob-dylan-mr-tambourine-man-1a886_2huw1_.html

This forum would be reported to Chilling Effects on a daily basis

I'may pretty sure he'did still be preaching against "Love Boat" and "M*A*S*H" .
He'd add "Downton  Abbey" and Netflix,  I'm sure.

He could have warned Schaap about the Cloud and storing/sending pics from there...

BALAAM said:

Last Monday I heard Trieber on his radio program again. He chastises people on a continual basis for posting on facebook things that are all about themselves. His church and ministries have at least 6 different facebook pages and his wife has a facebook page. Last Monday he was complaining about people who go on facebook and criticize. All of a sudden he started saying 'facetime, facetime, Am I saying that right Bro. Jake? Is it called facetime"

His verse was that you are the temple and don't defile the temple so he spent the rest of the broadcase, you guessed it, criticizing! Beards came from beatnicks in the 50's and 60's. (my grandson asked what a beatnick was)  We baptist preachers preached about beards and got rid of them and then in the 70' s and 80's pastors who fell into sin started growing beards again to cover their faces so they wouldn't be recognized. You people with your little beards, your little tattoos, your little britches, etc. etc.  I am not kidding and I am sure it is archived so anyone can listen.\

BALAAM said:
BALAAM said:

Last Monday I heard Trieber on his radio program again. He chastises people on a continual basis for posting on facebook things that are all about themselves. His church and ministries have at least 6 different facebook pages and his wife has a facebook page. Last Monday he was complaining about people who go on facebook and criticize. All of a sudden he started saying 'facetime, facetime, Am I saying that right Bro. Jake? Is it called facetime"

His verse was that you are the temple and don't defile the temple so he spent the rest of the broadcase, you guessed it, criticizing! Beards came from beatnicks in the 50's and 60's. (my grandson asked what a beatnick was)  We baptist preachers preached about beards and got rid of them and then in the 70' s and 80's pastors who fell into sin started growing beards again to cover their faces so they wouldn't be recognized. You people with your little beards, your little tattoos, your little britches, etc. etc.  I am not kidding and I am sure it is archived so anyone can listen.\
Did he forget to mention little preacher's............little preferences?
Did he mention one little Bible verse about beards?

Talked with an out of the area nephew of long time staff the other day. He brought up the cover ups through the years. Regardless of how much is true. That has to be the reason Bro. Hyles was against  technological advance.

fishinnut said:
BALAAM said:
BALAAM said:

Did he forget to mention little preacher's............little preferences?
Did he mention one little Bible verse about beards?

Even more sad is he preaches like this every week to the congregation and the people actually believe they're being fed.

BALAAM said:
BALAAM said:

Sad little "Preacher".

IFB X-Files said:
Binaca Chugger said:
You dumb-bunny!  Bro. Hyles was against computers.  He was afraid of them and told us so frequently.  He would still have the typewriters going in the offices.

That's funny.  I sold PC's for the college through Bro. AuClaire (sp?) in the late 80's.

Both statements are true. Hyles went on a rampage against computers around 1979, warning that they were addictive and were keeping Christians from sol-winning. A few years later, while he was still pastor, they went online.