What's up?

Billy

Elect
Reaction score
I've been off of Facebook for over 2 years now, that was almost as satisfying as leaving IFBism.

Oh well life is good, wife of 42 years is doing great, grand daughter is almost 10, 23 months until retirement, Trump is evil, Hyles is in hell, Calvinism is the gospel, Southern Baptist leaders are almost as authoritative as IFB leaders, the western church is corrupt and morally bankrupt, I'm still mostly a doner (done with organized churches not with God)

Ok y'all are up to date.

Wanna argue? j/k

Blessings to everyone.

Billy

Why be done with the beautiful bride that Christ gave His life for and commands us to be a part of?

I've been off of Facebook for over 2 years now, that was almost as satisfying as leaving IFBism.

Oh well life is good, wife of 42 years is doing great, grand daughter is almost 10, 23 months until retirement, Trump is evil, Hyles is in hell, Calvinism is the gospel, Southern Baptist leaders are almost as authoritative as IFB leaders, the western church is corrupt and morally bankrupt, I'm still mostly a doner (done with organized churches not with God)

Ok y'all are up to date.

Wanna argue? j/k

Blessings to everyone.

Billy
Good to see you are out and about Billy!

If you say you are done with organized Churches, I say you are wrong and need to repent of such a mindset! There are good Churches out there and you need to be connected with God's people! That granddaughter of yours is counting on you and will be following your example!

Blessings!

Why be done with the beautiful bride that Christ gave His life for and commands us to be a part of?
Not done with the universal church of believers nor fellowshipping with the saints, just done with the brick and mortar business ran churches in America.

Good to see you are out and about Billy!

If you say you are done with organized Churches, I say you are wrong and need to repent of such a mindset! There are good Churches out there and you need to be connected with God's people! That granddaughter of yours is counting on you and will be following your example!

Blessings!
Thanks for your admonishment.
Almost 10 years free from abusive, political, corrupt baptist churches, I even tried a very conservative Anglican church..same issues plus my wife couldn't get past the common cup!

Not done with the universal church of believers nor fellowshipping with the saints, just done with the brick and mortar business ran churches in America.
Thanks for the brutal honesty. What kind of things are you talking about that have turned you away? Do you have any objective moral means of accountability in your current spiritual arrangement?

Thanks for your admonishment.
Almost 10 years free from abusive, political, corrupt baptist churches, I even tried a very conservative Anglican church..same issues plus my wife couldn't get past the common cup!
I believe there are elemental issues that would keep me from Anglicanism although you did say "Very Conservative" so that is intriguing. I remember TX Vicar (Anglican Priest) coming on one of the iterations of the FFF and really enjoyed my interactions with him. I would've loved just attending a service at his Church!

I probably would have nothing to do with most of the big "Mega-Church" Baptist congregations in our area (and likely for the same reasons) so you do have my sympathy there. My Church caters more to the Filipino community (Wife is Filipina) although all are welcome (and Filipinos are VERY friendly). It is an Elder-Led SBC congregation although we are not "Married" to the SBC and I have told the Eldership that they have my support should they move to withdraw from the convention. I am one of the deacons and am therefore quite involved.

I was exactly where you were just a few years ago! I couldn't find a good Church where I felt welcome and connected so I drifted about and paid the price! Much of it was my own pride and overly critical attitude.

God was quite gracious bringing the lady into my life who is now my wife and leading me to this congregation! I'll be praying for you and reach out to me if you'd like.

You sound jaded. Easier to overcome that in brick & mortar than home stewing in your own juices.

I agree with ALAYMAN; you should be in a local assembly somewhere, and serving God.

I have had my experiences with bad churches, but that doesn't mean that they are all bad... and I cannot use my experiences as an excuse to disobey Him.

Not in my book, but my former boss just announced she is running for President.

#teamhaley
Sorry you had to look at that face, regularly.

Who is "we"?
I'm an Ind. Christian Libertarian.
NH is left of center.

Hey Billy, thanks again for helping me with my COVID math before you left Facebook. :)