When it comes to the Christian left

Billy

Elect
Reaction score
Do you believe that they are really born-again Christians?

Do you believe they are sincere in their faith towards Christ?

Do you believe they misunderstand scripture to justify their position?

Thanks,

Billy

That's above my pay grade.  That goes for the Christian right, too. 

1)Just a guess, some of them
2)Some of them
3)Some of them.

Billy said:
Do you believe that they are really born-again Christians?  that's between them & the Lord...though I have no reason to doubt their testimony

Do you believe they are sincere in their faith towards Christ?  Yes...most that I know

Do you believe they misunderstand scripture to justify their position? Yes...for the most part

Thanks,

Billy

Susie Meister as quoted in the link below:

What happened, however, wasn?t an abandonment of my faith, but a shift in my understanding of Scripture. [?] The more I read the text through unfiltered eyes and the more I learned about scholarly investigation, the less sense their point of view made. Their old Jesus looked nothing like my new Jesus.

<snip>

Only after my doctrinal evolution did I realize I no longer aligned with the political conservatism for which I once literally campaigned. Jesus was a champion of the poor, the weak, the meek, and downtrodden. He encouraged his followers to ?sell their possessions? and give them to the poor. He hung out with hookers and crooks. The lifestyle of Jesus didn?t look anything like the politics of the Right.

Ex-George W. Bush Supporter Leaves The Right: ?How Studying Religion Made Me A Liberal?

Billy said:

Thanks,

Billy

Yes.

Yes.

No. I don't think they are misunderstanding Scripture in order to justify their position. They actually believe their position is Scriptural.  Just like the IFBX'er doesn't believe they are misunderstanding Scripture in their beliefs.

Billy said:

Thanks,

Billy

If one assumes there is a christian "left" then one would have to assume there is a christian "right". To make a proper decision one have to know what the differences are. But that's just me.