Where are you posting from?

BALAAM said:
IFB X-Files said:
Matthew1323 said:
BALAAM said:
Matthew1323 said:
Passing West Lafayette, IN while heading north on I 65.

You can see my house from I-65 if you know where to look. 8)

I didn't know where to look....

It's the house flying the large FFF flag.

No, but I do have a GB Packer flag!

You shouldn't brag on how spiritual you are.

IFB X-Files said:
BALAAM said:
IFB X-Files said:
Matthew1323 said:
BALAAM said:
Matthew1323 said:
Passing West Lafayette, IN while heading north on I 65.

You can see my house from I-65 if you know where to look. 8)

I didn't know where to look....

It's the house flying the large FFF flag.

No, but I do have a GB Packer flag!

You shouldn't brag on how spiritual you are.

It is no wonder you live so far from Chicago........ ::)

BALAAM said:
I really don't know what to think of the whole situation.  My viewpoint is slightly different.

I went to hac in 1988. I knew almost nothing of Dave Hyles or Jack Hyles, just a few rumors here and there. When this thing came out in 1990, I became the consumate little hacker. I never discussed it with anyone and absolutely believed everything people 'in the know' at hac and fbc said. For ten years I was involved in ministries and was faithful to all serviced but was never close to anyone in the church family so there was no info and no gossip.

In 1998 I started a small business and in the course of business and in the course of kids marrying long time church family members I ran into at least 8 people who told me they used to go there and then told me they had to leave because of some unbelievable perverted action of Dave Hyles. Four of these for sure told me that they went to Jack and told him and they were screamed at and thrown out of his office. In the past several months, we have also become personally acquainted with 'the president's daughter'. (you know who I mean)

Now, after all of these years, I feel as though I have been lied to and betrayed by Jack Hyles, his staff, and the church. When you start to seriously question a man's integrity, how do you take very seriously anything else he taught? How do restore someone to a church or people when there had never been any kind of admission of guilt? If I had not run into these business people or my kids would not have married into fbch families, I would still believe that Dave was as pure as the wind driven snow and that Jack Hyles was totally clueless and innocent as to what was going on. That was the pill we were taught to swallow.

Dr. Evans has fallen in my view to not even being worth listening to. And I don't even know to this day how much he was involved or how much he knew. Was he just a gullible jack hyles worshiper or was he involved in all of the lies and deception that is jack hyles, eddie lapenis, ray young, dave hyles, and much of the fbch family? (lower case on purpose) Many of these buzzards looked right at us and lied. And are still lying today.

Forgive and forget? Just dave or everyone? How do you forgive all these people involved in the whole sorry mess when they never admitted to anything? What about the rest of the family? Aren't Christians supposed to have the balls to sand for right? Shouldn't someone in authority have had the stones to cry out that there was a weasel in the chicken coop.

I can no longer go to fbch, even though I do periodically, look a lot of these people in the eye and listen to their preaching. All moot to me. Stand Up Stand Up for Jesus; Yeah right!

A lot of this resonates with me, Balaam. Well said. For the longest time I could not shake the feeling of having been duped. And I was really ashamed of that. Shouldn't I have been more discerning? Why did I shut out the Holy Spirit for so many years?

Passavant Hospital in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, waiting for one of my church members to have a heart catherization (sp)

My kitchen table, watching my children eat lasagna that their precious mother made.

And also watching their mother make pancake mix.

:)

Bruh said:
My kitchen table, watching my children eat lasagna that their precious mother made.

And also watching their mother make pancake mix.

:)

Things like this will be some of the best memories that you and your wife will have. Your children will  grow up so fast!

fishinnut said:
Home again-home again jig-a-de-jig.

I must admit when I saw that you were posting from DE, I wondered if you were on a preaching tour, or had abandoned the south as your home.

Matthew1323 said:
fishinnut said:

I must admit when I saw that you were posting from DE, I wondered if you were on a preaching tour, or had abandoned the south as your home.
Abandon my beloved south...............slap your mouth. Someone has to evangelize those yankees.

My recliner, watching game 3.

fishinnut said:
Matthew1323 said:
fishinnut said:

Abandon my beloved south...............slap your mouth. Someone has to evangelize those yankees.
I'm proud of you Fishy...you left out that much used 4 letter word before yankees.

16KJV11 said:
fishinnut said:
Matthew1323 said:
fishinnut said:

I'm proud of you Fishy...you left out that much used 4 letter word before yankees.
OK then...............dumb.

My recliner watching Florida state and Syracuse.

My recliner watching the debate.