Where do you sit in church?

HeDied4U

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
This kind of reminds me of my previous church. I sat up in the balcony so I had a birds-eye view of how empty the first few rows of seats were and how most folks liked to gravitate towards the back of the auditorium.

:)

I sit in the back when visiting a church.  That can be very enlightening.

I usually sit on my backside.

On the platform.

:D

...well, occasionally. The truth is I usually start the service from the pulpit and then walk down and sit in the front row. But I couldn't resist.

3rd pew from the back.

Billy

I sit in the balcony because I'm the best long range shot with a pistol on the security team.

Jubal Sackett

Jubal Sackett said:
I sit in the balcony because I'm the best long range shot with a pistol on the security team.

Jubal Sackett

I like that.

On the second row center aisle.

Your cartoon reminded me of a funny story.  Me and ALAYWIFE try to scout out a Baptist church of like faith and practice when we are out of town.  One time while on vacation in the Northeast I didn't do such a good job at planning.  In a last minute decision we went to the one that was close to our hotel.  It was, ummmm, neo, at least by IFBx standards that I was closer to holding back then (they used an NIV). :D  Anyhoo, the music portion went on FOREVER (8 or 10 congregationals), and I was beginning to wonder if I'd really made a mistake, but to my delight the pastor brought a message that was theologically sound and interesting.  As the sermon got rolling I laid out a reasonably tempered but clearly audible "amen".  The pastor paused, looked my direction, then kept on chuggin'.  Not but a few moments later I let 'er out again, "amen!" and he paused again.  Only this time he stopped his preachin' and said "thank you, glad somebody's gettin' it this morning".  :-[  I gathered from that exhortation that he wasn't used to gettin' much feedback from his sermons. :D

As to the OP, I sit up front, usually the second row.

ALAYMAN said:
Your cartoon reminded me of a funny story.  Me and ALAYWIFE try to scout out a Baptist church of like faith and practice when we are out of town.  One time while on vacation in the Northeast I didn't do such a good job at planning.  In a last minute decision we went to the one that was close to our hotel.  It was, ummmm, neo, at least by IFBx standards that I was closer to holding back then (they used an NIV). :D  Anyhoo, the music portion went on FOREVER (8 or 10 congregationals), and I was beginning to wonder if I'd really made a mistake, but to my delight the pastor brought a message that was theologically sound and interesting.  As the sermon got rolling I laid out a reasonably tempered but clearly audible "amen".  The pastor paused, looked my direction, then kept on chuggin'.  Not but a few moments later I let 'er out again, "amen!" and he paused again.  Only this time he stopped his preachin' and said "thank you, glad somebody's gettin' it this morning".  :-[  I gathered from that exhortation that he wasn't used to gettin' much feedback from his sermons. :D

Love your story!

A similar event happened to me when I visited a Baptist (GARB) church for an evening service.  I sat towards the back, and most of the other folks sat further back.  There was a woman and child about 2 rows ahead of me.  I too was blessed as he preached and let out an "Amen".  The lady looked around to see who was doing that.  It happened again later and she looked around again.  No one else was "amening".

I found out she was the pastors wife.  I felt bad for the pastor.  Never found out why no one else was enjoying the message.

Twisted said:
ALAYMAN said:

Love your story!

A similar event happened to me when I visited a Baptist (GARB) church for an evening service.  I sat towards the back, and most of the other folks sat further back.  There was a woman and child about 2 rows ahead of me.  I too was blessed as he preached and let out an "Amen".  The lady looked around to see who was doing that.  It happened again later and she looked around again.  No one else was "amening".

I found out she was the pastors wife.  I felt bad for the pastor.  Never found out why no one else was enjoying the message.

Why do you assume they weren't?  ???

subllibrm said:
Twisted said:
ALAYMAN said:

Love your story!

Why do you assume they weren't?  ???

Good point.  You had to be there, and it is my opinion.  As I said, most everyone sat toward the back of the church except his wife and child.  That in itself is odd.  No responses while he preached.  People left quickly after the service.  This pastor was gone about a year later.  So maybe they enjoyed the message but he wasn't enjoying them.  Who knows.

I tend to sit down front (not usually the first row - 3rd or 4th), unless I have duties, or am sitting with guests who are uncomfortable sitting that close.

Also, on days I have to patrol the parking lot and other buildings, I sit in the back so as not to disturb others when I leave.

FSSL said:
Sit? I am running back and forth! ;)

I've been in one of those type churches.  Do you throw money at the preacher when you run past him?

Twisted said:
FSSL said:
Sit? I am running back and forth! ;)

I've been in one of those type churches.  Do you throw money at the preacher when you run past him?

Not possible when you have a hanky in each hand.

WAKEFIELD, FL?Shocking those in attendance at First Baptist Church of Wakefield Sunday, first-time church visitor Mark Nelson shook hands with the greeters, grabbed a cup of coffee, and waltzed right on up to sit in the middle of the front pew on the right side of the sanctuary, sources confirmed Monday morning.

The pew has reportedly not been utilized in the entirety of the church?s fifty-eight-year existence.

http://babylonbee.com/news/church-visitor-boldly-sits-front-pew/

:D :D

Back row, piano side.
I run the video camera and the EZ Worship slides.