Where have all the IFB leaders gone?

bruinboy

Elect
Reaction score
Thinking back to the hey day of IFB.  Who are the J.R Rice, jack hyles, Bob Jones, Lee Robertson, Jerry Falwell, G.B. Vick, John Rawlings, etc. of today? 

Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone to underage girls, every one.
Oh, when will they ever learn?

Ransom said:

Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone to underage girls, every one.

LOL Good one Ransom. 

bruinboy said:
Thinking back to the hey day of IFB.  Who are the J.R Rice, jack hyles, Bob Jones, Lee Robertson, Jerry Falwell, G.B. Vick, John Rawlings, etc. of today? 

I think they're hanging out with Ergun and Emir Caner!

bruinboy said:

Let's take it one further:
Who are the J Vernon McGee's, Warren Wiesbe's, Martin Dehaan's, FB Meyers, DJ Kennedy's, H.A. Ironsides, Theodore Epp's, Adrian Rogers of today?

While  you may look on with disdain at your list, I do not look on my list with disdain.
Many of those great spiritual leaders had wonderful qualities, conservative stands, and worldwide influence.
Now, I don't agree with all of their polity, and we may disagree on a few areas doctrinally, but I respect them and wish there were more like them today.
Where are men like them today?

You see, while you may be intentionally trying to antagonize people like me, you have stumbled across an even bigger problem than the lack of IFB stars,
There is a true lack of any real solid fundamental leadership of any stripe in this country today.
That speaks volumes of a compounding problem in our country,  the abandonment of standing on biblical truth by Christianity as a whole and the weakening and disappearance of any moral compass in our country.
The latter, of course, comes as a result of the former.

16KJV11 said:
bruinboy said:

Who are the J Vernon McGee's, Warren Wiesbe's, Martin Dehaan's, FB Meyers, DJ Kennedy's, H.A. Ironsides, Theodore Epp's, Adrian Rogers of today?

While  you may look on with disdain at your list, I do not look on my list with disdain.
Many of those great spiritual leaders had wonderful qualities, conservative stands, and worldwide influence.
Now, I don't agree with all of their polity, and we may disagree on a few areas doctrinally, but I respect them and wish there were more like them today.
They are in smaller  non-denominational churches. Well at least those like Bob Jones are, maybe Jerry Falwell
The freaks not so much

Biker said:
16KJV11 said:
bruinboy said:

They are in smaller  non-denominational churches. Well at least those like Bob Jones are, maybe Jerry Falwell
The freaks not so much
But none of them have a world wide ministry such as an MR Dehaan or a DJ Kennedy.
I miss those men whom you could turn on your local Christian radio station and listen to fresh broadcasts from them or enjoy their literature, etc. etc. etc.
But in response to your answer, I guess you could say the same thing for all the IFB's, they are in smaller, IFB churches.

16KJV11 said:
Biker said:
16KJV11 said:
bruinboy said:

The freaks not so much
But none of them have a world wide ministry such as an MR Dehaan or a DJ Kennedy.
I miss those men whom you could turn on your local Christian radio station and listen to fresh broadcasts from them or enjoy their literature, etc. etc. etc.
I understand. I don't know those men really, don't keep up much on the worlds Pastors but I can see how that would be nice just turning on the radio to listen to them. I used to enjoy listening to McArthur sometimes online and I believe he has a radio show, maybe try that? John McArthur is a graduate of Bob Jones University, btw.

My concern is... a leader cannot protect and guide the sheep when they don't even know them because other things outside of scripture become more important than scirpture, such as a radio show. But it could be anything, posting on a message board all the time, talking on the phone, surfing online, etc... but also trying to do church discipline in a church where the Pastors barely know their own sheep is pretty much impossible. The foundation which gives authority to leaders to keep the church intact, well it is lost. Some churches are just too large and need to break off into smaller ones. So those which have a tiny congregation seem more able to have the extra time to spend doing a radio show.

16KJV11 said:
bruinboy said:

You see, while you may be intentionally trying to antagonize people like me, you have stumbled across an even bigger problem than the lack of IFB stars,
There is a true lack of any real solid fundamental leadership of any stripe in this country today.
That speaks volumes of a compounding problem in our country,  the abandonment of standing on biblical truth by Christianity as a whole and the weakening and disappearance of any moral compass in our country.

We do have Vince Massi. ;)

[quote author=16KJV11]That speaks volumes of a compounding problem in our country,  the abandonment of standing on biblical truth by Christianity as a whole and the weakening and disappearance of any moral compass in our country.
[/quote]

As if we ever really had this...

bruinboy said:

Why does there have to be a J.R Rice, jack hyles, Bob Jones, Lee Robertson, Jerry Falwell, G.B. Vick, John Rawlings replacement today?

Mathew Ward said:
bruinboy said:

Why does there have to be a J.R Rice, jack hyles, Bob Jones, Lee Robertson, Jerry Falwell, G.B. Vick, John Rawlings replacement today?

Mathew Ward said:
bruinboy said:

Doesn't have to be at all.  Just asking those who are delusional enough to believe the IFB is not its death bed, to help me understand who the leaders of the "movement" are today.  Now someone suggests it is actually better to have small churches, to better police church discipline. (Like that was a strategic plan). Just trying to keep up with things, with all the sex scandals going on, it is hard to keep up with "the rest of the story"  :)

bruinboy said:
Mathew Ward said:
bruinboy said:

Mathew Ward said:
bruinboy said:

Doesn't have to be at all.  Just asking those who are delusional enough to believe the IFB is not its death bed, to help me understand who the leaders of the "movement" are today.  Now someone suggests it is actually better to have small churches, to better police church discipline. (Like that was a strategic plan). Just trying to keep up with things, with all the sex scandals going on, it is hard to keep up with "the rest of the story"  :)
You never answered my question. where are all the replacements for the evangelical types that I mentioned?

16KJV11 said:
bruinboy said:
Mathew Ward said:
bruinboy said:

Mathew Ward said:
bruinboy said:

You never answered my question. where are all the replacements for the evangelical types that I mentioned?
Maybe people are finally waking up to realize that they don't want to be under the celebrity pastor model. They don't want to be under a man that is the center of attention and not have the focus on Jesus.

Recovering IFB said:
16KJV11 said:
bruinboy said:
Mathew Ward said:
bruinboy said:

Mathew Ward said:
bruinboy said:

Maybe people are finally waking up to realize that they don't want to be under the celebrity pastor model. They don't want to be under a man that is the center of attention and not have the focus on Jesus.

Many are coming out of a deep Catholic sleep.

Who cares?

Stop looking for such men and start looking unto Jesus.  Then, maybe, you will begin to understand what this whole religion thing is really all about.

Thankfully, in the absence of IFB leaders, we have great men like Furtick, Noble and Driscoll!
The golden age of evangelicalism has dawned just in time!

And, I forgot to mention T.D. Jakes.

Amen!

Tarheel Baptist said:
Thankfully, in the absence of IFB leaders, we have great men like Furtick, Noble and Driscoll!

Amen!
Can't speak for the others but Mark Driscoll I believe, is saved.
His theology was pretty solid compared to most. And it appears for a long while now... he's been putting away much of the former childish talk
Putting away the old nature replacing it with the new one

Maybe a few ex fundies had a few too many...of what they rail against...
Started digging in the graveyard for "dirt" on him.
The uncontrollable fundy urge to beat an old horse to death, a disease that now spread to the human population.

Then popped up a Ghost, a dapper one of course...
Why it's Mr. Mark Driscoll  :eek:

Biker said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Amen!
Can't speak for the others but Mark Driscoll I believe, is saved.
His theology was pretty solid compared to most. And it appears for a long while now... he's been putting away much of the former childish talk
Putting away the old nature replacing it with the new one

Maybe a few ex fundies had a few too many...of what they rail against...
Started digging in the graveyard for "dirt" on him.
The uncontrollable fundy urge to beat an old horse to death, a disease that now spread to the human population.

Then popped up a Ghost, a dapper one of course...
Why it's Mr. Mark Driscoll  :eek:

If I ever understand one of your posts, I will try to offer a rebuttal or an agreement.... :)

I thought Hamblin and Kidd had her all under control.