Where To Look?

Tell him to take a missionary trip for 6 months to a year. he will find a sweet Christian wife from the country he is visiting!

One doth not have to looketh to findeth.  One could thtumbleth upon and findeth.

IFB X-Files said:
groupie said:
Tell him to take a missionary trip for 6 months to a year. he will find a sweet Christian wife from the country he is visiting!

That might work if he was younger and not employed.  I guess I need to narrow my question down to options within the United States.

Why if he were younger? He could take a shorter trip, but I do not understand the age issue.

Is your son a humanoid or alien?  Maybe he should look on your home planet.  You know, the land of the fathers?  This really is why many alum send their kids back to fundie colleges.

I, too, failed to find a suitable spouse at Fundy U. I moved to another state. That worked. I found one.

When I was in med school I asked my parents to find me a wife. I rejected the first 3, and after meeting #4 married her 5 months later. She was 18, I was 21 and 35 years, 4 kids later, that seemed a good idea. Then again, I did that because it seemed like it was Biblical. If your son has the typical idiotic ideas of modern Western romance in his head; he will probably reject this plan. Without his assent, it will be difficult to implement.

As a mother, you know other families, and there is no need to be all shy about matchmaking. Our oldest daughter asked me for help, and got married 23 days after asking me to pray for a huband; but that was a rather Special Providence thing.

JR

As quirky as it is to not have your parents involved, it is just as quirky to have them do it all.

Christian Mingle - a friend of mine found her husband who is a Baptist preacher. They have been married 2 years and just had a beautiful baby boy!  Also, my older brother after his divorce went on a dating website and met a wonderful lady.  They've been married 11 years and their blended family has been great.  We really love her.  She has fit right into our crazy family  :) 

Be careful - meet in a public place for your first date - that's what both mentioned above.  There are still great loving Christians out there.  But, don't push, I was in my late 30's when I got married.  God will find your son a wonderful wife when He has one for him. 

cubanito said:
If your son has the typical idiotic ideas of modern Western romance in his head; he will probably reject this plan.

What ideas are those?