Who Is Matthew Vines?

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Izdaari - this is written for you:  "True Bible-believing Christians do not support, condone, or affirm homosexuality in any way."

https://reformationcharlotte.org/2019/08/01/matthew-vines-hosting-private-gather

Thanks. I read the article, but it was extremely biased and IMO dead wrong. I disagree with it, and agree with Vines.  I'm a gay Christian too btw, though very definitley without the snotty quotation marks. Partly anyway. I'm a girl who likes girls, but also likes guys. Anyway, this is old news. I told all y'all long ago, when I was here before. 

And I'm Episcopalian. We not only perform gay weddings, we ordain gay bishops too. I wasn't raised in it. I defected from Assemblies of God in early 2013.

Ain't no "gay mafia" though. No gangs, no conspiracies. We're just Christians who fight for what we believe in, just like you do.

All that said, I'm not familiar with Vines in any detail. I know the name, and I know he's written a book or two, but I have a big reading backlog, and haven't gotten around to reading his.

Ask Don-boy Boys or MacGruder/Saluder...obscure people may have a network.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Ask Don-boy Boys or MacGruder/Saluder...obscure people may have a network.

These are not names I remember ever hearing. I think there wass a McGruder ot MacGruder who worked for Richard Nixon.

Izdaari said:
I'm a gay Christian too btw, though very definitley without the snotty quotation marks. Partly anyway. I'm a girl who likes girls, but also likes guys.

I am so sorry to hear this.  While you are welcome here, I'm amazed you feel comfortable.

I do not believe that you are a "Christian", but I do believe that YOU believe you are a Christian.

You remind me of a childhood friend, who not having seen for decades, came to my area a couple of years ago and we got together for a visit.  It was then that he told me of his journey to becoming a practicing homosexual.  He once was married and had 2 children, but later divorced and chose to practice homosexuality.

He too is religious and claims to be a "Christian".  He was raised in the Methodist church but now, and for the past many years, is a paid employee of the Episcopal church as a church organist.

He told me that "today we know so much more", meaning that the Bible is wrong and outdated.  Just as you, he has other "Christian" scholars, who tell him it's okay.

Well, it's not.  It's still what God says it is.  It's an abomination.  It's a sin.

Please know that I'm not trying to be unkind, just open with you.  Yes, I know you've heard it all before.  Yes, I know you will reject this and for that, I'm truly heartbroken.

Whenever I get the chance, I will implore with you to repent and believe the Gospel.  I would encourage others here on the forum to do the same.

Oddly, today I was watching this video and I think the passage I've got it started at would apply to the others here on the forum.  If it doesn't start where I've picked, go to 5 minutes, 56 seconds.

http://youtu.be/u0YT8k_ag34?t=356

IFB X-Files said:
Izdaari said:
I'm a gay Christian too btw, though very definitley without the snotty quotation marks. Partly anyway. I'm a girl who likes girls, but also likes guys.

I am so sorry to hear this.  While you are welcome here, I'm amazed you feel comfortable.

I do not believe that you are a "Christian", but I do believe that YOU believe you are a Christian.

You remind me of a childhood friend, who not having seen for decades, came to my area a couple of years ago and we got together for a visit.  It was then that he told me of his journey to becoming a practicing homosexual.  He once was married and had 2 children, but later divorced and chose to practice homosexuality.

He too is religious and claims to be a "Christian".  He was raised in the Methodist church but now, and for the past many years, is a paid employee of the Episcopal church as a church organist.

He told me that "today we know so much more", meaning that the Bible is wrong and outdated.  Just as you, he has other "Christian" scholars, who tell him it's okay.

Well, it's not.  It's still what God says it is.  It's an abomination.  It's a sin.

Please know that I'm not trying to be unkind, just open with you.  Yes, I know you've heard it all before.  Yes, I know you will reject this and for that, I'm truly heartbroken.

Whenever I get the chance, I will implore with you to repent and believe the Gospel.  I would encourage others here on the forum to do the same.

Oddly, today I was watching this video and I think the passage I've got it started at would apply to the others here on the forum.  If it doesn't start where I've picked, go to 5 minutes, 56 seconds.

http://youtu.be/u0YT8k_ag34?t=356

Im embarrassed that you linked this guy for something good to listen to. Really?? That was a really bad video!

That I'm an openly bisexual woman is not new news. I told all y'all back when I was previously a regular here.

I have NEVER said the Bible is wrong and outdated, and I never will. But a lot of people do misunderstand parts of it. People conveniently forget parts of it too. They always remember the "clobber passages", but can't remember what Isaiah, Ezekiel and Jeremiah wrote about Sodom and Gomorrah. Confirmation bias I suppose.

Matthew Vines' use of Scripture to justify his homosexuality is egregious. As far as I can tell, the only reason he's become the spokesperson for so-called "gay Christians" is that he's young and pretty and speaks well.

James White took his 2012 speech apart. He posted a four-hour-long rebuttal. I don't have the resources handy to look it up--I'm away from home using an obsolete tablet that can't reach half the Internet-- so I'll just have to suggest you hunt for it on aomin.org.

Vines won't debate his opinions with anyone who has a substantial response to them. We know why. There's nothing to them.

Izdaari said:
That I'm an openly bisexual woman is not new news. I told all y'all back when I was previously a regular here.

I have NEVER said the Bible is wrong and outdated, and I never will. But a lot of people do misunderstand parts of it. People conveniently forget parts of it too. They always remember the "clobber passages", but can't remember what Isaiah, Ezekiel and Jeremiah wrote about Sodom and Gomorrah. Confirmation bias I suppose.
Corinthians 6:9 (WEB)  "Or don?t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God?s Kingdom? Don?t be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals."

How can you claim to be a homosexual and say you are Christian? Paul straight up says you will not see the kingdom of God. It is not that no homosexuals will ever go to heaven, but those who know it's wrong and still commit the sin. If you are an adulterer or sexually immoral, and practice it your whole life you aren't saved ie (Cameron giovanelli, Greg Neal). If you claim to be a Christian yet live in homosexuality, you are not saved. You are placing your own sin above Christ. Just like the rich young ruler, you won't put Christ over all of it. Verse 11 says "Some of you were such, but you were washed." This is the new testament. Paul clearly speaks out against. Homosexuality is a sin that you can only practice and openly do if you are lost not a saved Christian in church.

Anon1379,

I won't argue with you about this.  For it to make sense and be worth the trouble, we'd lfirst have to establish common hermeneutical ground, and that's obviously not going to happen.