Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
https://www.history.com/topics/space-exploration/moon-landing-1969

Well, I guess no one did.

Ya'll too young, eh?

Izdaari said:
I didn't but I saw it in 1969 when it happened.

Uh....that was the question.

It would be hard to watch an event today that took place in 1969.

And yes, you are that old!  LOL!  You made it!

Twisted said:

Not entirely. On the 40th anniversary, NASA had a Web site that played the audio of the landing in real time.  I wasn't born for another year after Apollo 11, but listening to the audio "as it happened," and already knowing the outcome, I still experienced that original thrill to a certain extent.

Ransom said:
Twisted said:

Not entirely. On the 40th anniversary, NASA had a Web site that played the audio of the landing in real time.  I wasn't born for another year after Apollo 11, but listening to the audio "as it happened," and already knowing the outcome, I still experienced that original thrill to a certain extent.

I knew someone wouldn't fail to say, "Well, duh...it was recorded and I saw it".

Thanks for living up to expectations.

Ransom said:
Twisted said:
I knew someone wouldn't fail to say, "Well, duh...it was recorded and I saw it".

Thanks for living up to expectations.

And?

You're welcome!

Twisted said:
https://www.history.com/topics/space-exploration/moon-landing-1969
Not born yet but I thought that if you remember the 60's you weren't really there. Or is that just Woodstock which also has a 50th this year?

I tried.  In the desert near Wendover (Utah/Nevada border) laying out under the stars and watched the moon.  Had good binoculars but couldn't see a thing.

Musta been fake

My brother-in-law and I spent the summer in preaching/mission work.  We had ministered at a camp in Wyoming, preached that Sunday morning in Rawlins, WY, done witnessing at the Mormon Temple area in SLC, then continued west (we were to be at Clear Lake, California, Monday evening.  So just "drove thru". 

Took time out to rest a little (1963 non a/c chevy wagon was hot driving) on the roof/hood and catch a couple hours.  Listened to radio and watched the moon over the desert.  Memory etched forever.

Just sayin'...  [emoji41]
41f5ba18ebde2ed9cb4243155be9a520.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I totally don't remember what I was doing at the time. I was 15.  I guess I must have been at home, watching it on TV.

Ransom said:
HammondCheese said:
Just sayin'...  [emoji41]

Just sayin' what?
I'm shocked (not really) that with all of the overwhelming evidence readily available in 2019, well over half of the world's civilized population still believes that man landed on the moon.  [emoji849]
628c475dd83e411328365f42efc55fcf.jpg

HammondCheese said:
I'm shocked (not really) that with all of the overwhelming evidence readily available in 2019, well over half of the world's civilized population still believes that man landed on the moon.

I'm shocked obvious troll doesn't realize he's obvious.

Ransom said:
HammondCheese said:
I'm shocked (not really) that with all of the overwhelming evidence readily available in 2019, well over half of the world's civilized population still believes that man landed on the moon.

I'm shocked obvious troll doesn't realize he's obvious.
I prefer the term "passive-aggressive"...