Why did you join the Fighting Forum?

baptisthac

Elect
Reaction score
It might be interesting to read why each of us joined this forum.  Why did you join and who motivated you to join?

Someone I know told me there was a Hyles-Anderson chat type room on the internet.  I located this forum.  I did not join.  I read the threads for several months.  While I enjoyed most of the threads it seems like Raider kept things going most of the time.  I found myself reading the threads he started first.  I laughed so hard many times.  My wife would wonder what I was laughing at and I would have her read them.  She did not attend Hyles-Anderson and did not understand everything but many of Raider's posts would make her laugh too.  I finally decided to join and I have really enjoyed posting.  Everyone has made me feel welcome and Raider has not disappointed me.  LOL

baptisthac said:
Someone I know told me there was a Hyles-Anderson chat type room on the internet.  I located this forum.  I did not join.  I read the threads for several months.  While I enjoyed most of the threads it seems like Raider kept things going most of the time.  I found myself reading the threads he started first.  I laughed so hard many times.  My wife would wonder what I was laughing at and I would have her read them.  She did not attend Hyles-Anderson and did not understand everything but many of Raider's posts would make her laugh too.  I finally decided to join and I have really enjoyed posting.  Everyone has made me feel welcome and Raider has not disappointed me.  LOL

See,, that's it folks. Sometimes don't get it the first time through the plan. They may have to hear it over and over for a while!

This topic was started just the other day upstairs by FSSL.  (WHY ARE YOU HERE)

If you would show up everyday and do your assigned reading you would know that. Get with it man.
?God never gives us anything to do that He does not give us the strength to do.?
? Jack Hyles

Not sure how Raider puts up with you freshman. Now that I have 1000 posts I can spout off like the other upper class man.

And another thing Baptisthac.

If your going to carry a username like yours you have certain traditions to uphold. I suggest you get with it or change your user name.

?Success is on the same road as failure; success is just a little further down the road.?
? Jack Hyles

Bapticthac:

And one more thing, while i'm on my soap box, you have to watch the people you run with.

You can't be running with those old friends if you want to be a died in the wool hacker like Raider.
100% for Raider

?You are not going to be what you decide to be; you are going to be what you decide to be around.?
? Jack Hyles

You might say what's the big deal if I do my assigned reading or if I post each and every day, but there a lost world out there counting on you. If you can't be counted on to do the little thing.......

?A person who will not take care of the little things will not take care of the big things, for big things are but an accumulation of little things.?
Jack Hyles

baptisthac said:
It might be interesting to read why each of us joined this forum.  Why did you join and who motivated you to join?

I think the Fighting Forum had some topics of interest to me at the time.

Baptist City Holdout said:
baptisthac said:

who motivated me to join? raider can be the only answer.

Though he did not know me form nightbus,  was lurking, reading the posts, savoring You Might Be a HACker If..... Each post with new insight of the Old paths of HACkerdom. The cast of characters, i will slight some if I go listing names. But in memory of Justmama, I must asy she was a hoot. Can't wait to see her again in Heaven!

How did I find the forum? The very first few times I found the (old) FFF, I stumbled upon it. I read the words, but I did not understand them, I had not part of the chat life. The words were foreign. I said, "How can I, unless some man show me?"

How did I find the forum? The very first few times I found the (old) FFF, I stumbled upon it. I read the words, but I did not understand them, I had not part of the chat life. The words were foreign. I said, "How can I, unless some man show me?"

Then words of truth were read. One day I Googled, "Ain't Got No Brown Socks" and found the FFF in newness. It was not long until I found the You might Be a HACker Thread. Each post was newness of the old paths in me. I would wake up in the middle of the night thinking of new traits until I could not handle it any longer. It took about a week for my approval to come through.

baptisthac said:

Though he did not know me form nightbus,  was lurking, reading the posts, savoring You Might Be a HACker If..... Each post with new insight of the Old paths of HACkerdom. The cast of characters, i will slight some if I go listing names. But in memory of Justmama, I must say she was a hoot. Can't wait to see her again in Heaven!

I am so overcome w/ emotion I must now step away from the Forum, catch my breath and collect my thougts. To share the next event takes much concentration and calmness.

baptisthac said:

Though he did not know me form nightbus,  was lurking, reading the posts, savoring You Might Be a HACker If..... Each post with new insight of the Old paths of HACkerdom. The cast of characters, i will slight some if I go listing names. But in memory of Justmama, I must asy she was a hoot. Can't wait to see her again in Heaven!

She is definitely missed on here.

Man...oh....man.  Can you imagine how much fun she would have been on facebook????

I was trying to remember how long I've been here on the forum...maybe 2001...its had many changes but I love this place. It has always made me laugh and cry....I've been blessed to know many of you!!

This is the honest truth:

I had heard so many bad things about the old FFF (which is actually the middle FFF)  that my curiosity could only be assuaged by accessing the site. I read as a guest for a while, eventually joined, and very soon after my first few posts, I was welcomed by a PM from justmama.

patriotic said:
This is the honest truth:

I had heard so many bad things about the old FFF (which is actually the middle FFF)  that my curiosity could only be assuaged by accessing the site. I read as a guest for a while, eventually joined, and very soon after my first few posts, I was welcomed by a PM from justmama.

While there were and are some bad things here and there on both FFFs, and definitely some odd people and negativity, even meaness, I seldom see the bad things that I had heard about prior to joining.

Web said:
Sherryh got her first red ever, and it had to be from Patriotic?  Shocked! Dismayed! Confused!  :eek:

Huh?

patriotic said:
Web said:
Sherryh got her first red ever, and it had to be from Patriotic?  Shocked! Dismayed! Confused!  :eek:

Huh?

Oh, my goodness!
Can you change it for me? I feel so bad, and I don'the even know how it happenef.

My comment was good.  I feel so bad!

Web said:
patriotic said:
patriotic said:
Web said:

Huh?

Oh, my goodness!
Can you change it for me? I feel so bad, and I don'the even know how it happenef.

My comment was good.  I feel so bad!

I thought you were just jerking her chain.  ;)
  FSSL or Ransom, do you have karma-changing powers?

I don't  believe  I've given another red ever to anyone.