Why does it seem the extreme KJV teachers are always mean?

pastorryanhayden

Elect
Reaction score
I've been to Peter Ruckman's church and heard him preach.  I've heard Bill Brady speak many times and have had one on one conversations with him. 
After the KJV movies came out last year, I admired Sam Gipp, till I went on his web site and started seeing the way he writes. 

Here is the thing I've run into with all of them, and with almost everyone I've ever known who takes an extreme King James Only position - they are mean. (I'm talking about the King James double inspired position here.)  Whether it's Peter Ruckman's cussing rants, Bill Brady's looking for controversy or using racist slurrs,  Gail Riplinger's untrue accusations, or Sam Gipp's writings.  Why is it that these guys are almost uniformly nasty?

I think we need to "try the spirits" here.  The fruit of the spirit is "LOVE, joy, PEACE, longsuffering, GENTLENESS, GOODNESS, faith, MEEKNESS, temperance." 

Can we honestly say that the hard right KJVO crowd consistently demonstrates those character traits? 

I would reword what you have written:

Why does it seem the KJV teachers extreme IFB'ers are always mean?

They mistake nasty dispositions and carnal means for "mitlitancy" and "contending for the faith".

Timothy said:
CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM!

My kids say I am mean.  8)

Apples and oranges. 

If you said "clean up your room you *%$# spear-chucking fags" then you'd be a little closer to what I was talking about.

There is nothing wrong with authoritatively rebuking sin or teaching God's Word.  But we speak the truth in love.  We do it without envy and strife, and we realize that the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

It is the nature of all Pharisees who add to the Word of God!

pastorryanhayden said:
I've been to Peter Ruckman's church and heard him preach.  I've heard Bill Brady speak many times and have had one on one conversations with him. 
After the KJV movies came out last year, I admired Sam Gipp, till I went on his web site and started seeing the way he writes. 

Here is the thing I've run into with all of them, and with almost everyone I've ever known who takes an extreme King James Only position - they are mean. (I'm talking about the King James double inspired position here.)  Whether it's Peter Ruckman's cussing rants, Bill Brady's looking for controversy or using racist slurrs,  Gail Riplinger's untrue accusations, or Sam Gipp's writings.  Why is it that these guys are almost uniformly nasty?

I think we need to "try the spirits" here.  The fruit of the spirit is "LOVE, joy, PEACE, longsuffering, GENTLENESS, GOODNESS, faith, MEEKNESS, temperance." 

Can we honestly say that the hard right KJVO crowd consistently demonstrates those character traits?

I'm no KJVO dude but there are basicly 5 groups concerning the KJO'ers:

1. Those who say "I like/prefer the KJ.....You pick your own"...These are not militant

2. Those who believe the text behind the KJ are more reliable...These are rarely militant

3.those who advocate using only the TR in translating.......Some are militant in this group, but not all

4. KJV inspired group.....Most all are militant

5 Those who claim the KJ contains new revelation...All of these are militant {and crazy}

A lot if not most of the KJVO's  fall in the first two groups. They're not as bad as made out to be. But that's just my observation. My question is why do "KJVO haters"  :) come here and make a big deal of the 4 and 5'ers {which have about as much influence as one flea on an elephant's butt in American christianty and there's not very many of them to boot}?

Bob H said:
pastorryanhayden said:

I'm no KJVO dude but there are basicly 5 groups concerning the KJO'ers:

1. Those who say "I like/prefer the KJ.....You pick your own"...These are not militant

2. Those who believe the text behind the KJ are more reliable...These are rarely militant

3.those who advocate using only the TR in translating.......Some are militant in this group, but not all

4. KJV inspired group.....Most all are militant

5 Those who claim the KJ contains new revelation...All of these are militant {and crazy}

A lot if not most of the KJVO's  fall in the first two groups. They're not as bad as made out to be. But that's just my observation. My question is why do "KJVO haters"  :) come here and make a big deal of the 4 and 5'ers {which have about as much influence as one flea on an elephant's butt in American christianty and there's not very many of them to boot}?

Bob,

I'm number 2 or 3 on that list and I agree with you about the limited influence of the militant 4 and 5s.  But, the 4 and 5s have been all over the forum lately.  I don't want to be tied to them. 
Further, if I can convince them to reevaluate the spirit of the extreme KJVO movement - they may wake up to the error of it.

Bob H said:
My question is why do "KJVO haters"  :) come here and make a big deal of the 4 and 5'ers {which have about as much influence as one flea on an elephant's butt in American christianty and there's not very many of them to boot}?

If they have no influence and no numbers, then their presence on the Internet is vastly out of proportion.

pastorryanhayden said:

Did you mean Bill Grady?

Holy Mole said:
pastorryanhayden said:

Did you mean Bill Grady?

Yes.  My bad.

pastorryanhayden said:
  But, the 4 and 5s have been all over the forum lately. 

Not counting Petey's boy, who's just a sock, name the great company of 4 & 5's here?

pastorryanhayden said:
  I don't want to be tied to them. 

If it bothers you maybe Buffa can come back and give you those great words of advice  :)

Ransom said:
Bob H said:
My question is why do "KJVO haters"  :) come here and make a big deal of the 4 and 5'ers {which have about as much influence as one flea on an elephant's butt in American christianty and there's not very many of them to boot}?

If they have no influence and no numbers, then their presence on the Internet is vastly out of proportion.

I don't buy it. It's usually the same small groups who have invaded the internet thru the yrs. But that's just my take. I am wrong every once in a while.