Why I am Not a King James Only Advocate

UGC

Reaction score
seven points, not five.
Are you a 7-point Calvinist or a 5-point Calvinist? There are even 4-point Calvinists. Perhaps they can gather with 4-element alchemists who are also fond of the 16th century.

I'm sure you can all tell the world how the Periodic Table of Elements is "too complicated" to understand, much like Dispensationalism.

Let me know when you find a coalition of churches today who identify as "7-Point Calvinist". When people identify as "Calvinist", they are identifying with the 5-Points.

Do you reject these 5 points?

Ransom

An admitted Calvinist, supposedly
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you a 7-point Calvinist or a 5-point Calvinist? There are even 4-point Calvinists. Perhaps they can gather with 4-element alchemists who are also fond of the 16th century.
Blab on, blabbermouth. When I said you loved the sound of your own voice sexually, apparently I only knew the half of it.

UGC

Reaction score
Inappropriate. I'm done here.

logos1560

Registered
Reaction score
UGC, did you consider the title and subject of this thread before you went off-topic?

prophet

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Lantz, Charles. Why I am Not a King James Only Advocate: An Apologetic for the Faith. Ovid, MI: Sophia's House Publications, 2019.

On the back cover, the following is the first sentence: "This book provides answers to those who claim that the King James Version is the only legitimate word of God for English speaking people."

On the back cover, this is also stated: "This book will explore KJVO material that is replete with colossal illogical arguments of the indefensible King James Only position."

Charles Lantz wrote: "The KJVO are guilty of starting with an 'a priori' assumption that the TR is the GOLD STANDARD of Greek text, and the KJV as THE English version" (p. 380).
Not reading anything that implies that the TR (that is passed off as the underlying NT ms for the KJV), is a valid ms for study.
It was a poor attempt at a back fill.
Sorry...CRINGE!

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
I looked up the author on Amazon. Seems to cover a lot of theological issues in his books and his Doctorate is real.
Now you did it! You just discredited him! :)

UGC

Reaction score
The New Versions are better because they promote unity and peace between all religions.

Allah is the same God as Jesus. We are all one.

tmjbog

Registered
Reaction score
The New Versions are better because they promote unity and peace between all religions.

Allah is the same God as Jesus. We are all one.
Accusations without examples/evidence. UGC is that you?

UGC

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 10.32.30 AM.png

Does someone want to explain to me why someone named "Calvin the Crazy" was posting and they changed it to look like UGC posted it?

This website is clearly compromised. We did not post that. It was probably tmjbog and Ransom working together as usual with more shenanigans.

tmjbog

Registered
Reaction score
View attachment 1301

Does someone want to explain to me why someone named "Calvin the Crazy" was posting and they changed it to look like UGC posted it?

This website is clearly compromised. We did not post that. It was probably tmjbog and Ransom working together as usual with more shenanigans.
I do appreciate that you would give me that kind of credit. No I fear one of those rotten Alexandrian's found you out. Just a guess, though.

Ransom

An admitted Calvinist, supposedly
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
I blame Virginia Mollenkott and Marten Woudstra, myself.