Why Tim Tebow Failed

They offered him a chance to change positions (Running Back, Tight End, Etc.) where he may have had some better success and an actual NFL career. He turned them down insisting on QB or nothing.

I liked him personally (as a Christian) but it was clear to me that heart, grit, raw talent, and desire aren’t enough to reach the upper echelon of the NFL.

I always respected Tebow’s Christian testimony, but at the same time, I was always disappointed in his refusal to check his ego and be willing to play whatever position his coaches thought best for him to help advance his team (and career). It was quarterback or bust, and I lost a lot of respect for him refusing to recognize that maybe his best team contribution was from helping out on special teams or tight end or whatever. Instead of being an ordinary NFL player (rather than star), he instead chose to chase after some childhood baseball dream while in his 30s…just doesn’t make sense to me. The only way I can make it sensible is that he had a few million in the bank and was going to make enough money as a broadcaster that he felt it didn’t make sense to just be a no-name special teams guy making the league minimum salary.

I always respected Tebow’s Christian testimony, but at the same time, I was always disappointed in his refusal to check his ego and be willing to play whatever position his coaches thought best for him to help advance his team (and career). It was quarterback or bust, and I lost a lot of respect for him refusing to recognize that maybe his best team contribution was from helping out on special teams or tight end or whatever. Instead of being an ordinary NFL player (rather than star), he instead chose to chase after some childhood baseball dream while in his 30s…just doesn’t make sense to me. The only way I can make it sensible is that he had a few million in the bank and was going to make enough money as a broadcaster that he felt it didn’t make sense to just be a no-name special teams guy making the league minimum salary.
JJ Watt was "The Face" of the Houston Texans while a member of this team. He was not the Quarterback but a mere, lowly Defensive End! When you went to a Texans game, most of the jerseys fans wore was the "99 JJ Watt" Jersey. They went through a few different quarterbacks while JJ remained the star!

Back in the late 70s/early 80s, Earl Campbell was perhaps THE greatest running back in NFL history and was the one player of the Houston Oilers that everyone was talking about. He definitely outshined both Dan Pastorini and Ken Stabler; the two quarterbacks during this time!

Point being is you have the greatest chance of being a "Star" of the team if you are playing a position which you are most likely to excel!

On a personal note, I am a mediocre lead guitar player at best so if I insisted upon playing lead guitar, I would relegate myself to playing in a mediocre band that could hardly land a gig! Where I truly shined in a band situation was when I jumped over to Bass which is not nearly as "sexy" as a lead guitarist. I have been called one of the "Best bass players in the Houston area" although I believe they were just being kind. As a bass player, I have had the pleasure of playing with some really top-tier musicians and it is in this role that I find the most satisfaction as a musician! I suck as a lead singer especially when playing bass so I would never make a good "Front Man" who would be the star of the show but people were still talking about the "badass" bass player who was just keeping the groove, minding his business, and staying out of the way of the guitar players! Tim Tebow is still somewhat young, hopefully he learns this lesson sooner than later and is able to glorify God with the gifts and talents for which he is best suited!

JJ Watt was "The Face" of the Houston Texans while a member of this team. He was not the Quarterback but a mere, lowly Defensive End! When you went to a Texans game, most of the jerseys fans wore was the "99 JJ Watt" Jersey. They went through a few different quarterbacks while JJ remained the star!

Back in the late 70s/early 80s, Earl Campbell was perhaps THE greatest running back in NFL history and was the one player of the Houston Oilers that everyone was talking about. He definitely outshined both Dan Pastorini and Ken Stabler; the two quarterbacks during this time!

Point being is you have the greatest chance of being a "Star" of the team if you are playing a position which you are most likely to excel!

On a personal note, I am a mediocre lead guitar player at best so if I insisted upon playing lead guitar, I would relegate myself to playing in a mediocre band that could hardly land a gig! Where I truly shined in a band situation was when I jumped over to Bass which is not nearly as "sexy" as a lead guitarist. I have been called one of the "Best bass players in the Houston area" although I believe they were just being kind. As a bass player, I have had the pleasure of playing with some really top-tier musicians and it is in this role that I find the most satisfaction as a musician! I suck as a lead singer especially when playing bass so I would never make a good "Front Man" who would be the star of the show but people were still talking about the "badass" bass player who was just keeping the groove, minding his business, and staying out of the way of the guitar players! Tim Tebow is still somewhat young, hopefully he learns this lesson sooner than later and is able to glorify God with the gifts and talents for which he is best suited!
Good points. I’m not Tim Tebow, but I think the idea of being a long term utility player in the NFL is a compliment rather than an insult. The baseball dream was never going to happen. Even Michael Jordan was a bust when it came to the baseball dream.

I watched Tim in college, he never took a snap under center, his best throws were down the middle of the field. Anything he threw to either sidelines long was on a wing and a prayer.

I watched Tim in college, he never took a snap under center, his best throws were down the middle of the field. Anything he threw to either sidelines long was on a wing and a prayer.
My wife graduated from UF and her family lives near the Gainesville vicinity. Trust me, whenever I’d say anything even slightly critical about Tebow, it was like I had just degraded motherhood and spit on the American flag.