Widespread Damage at US Bases.

Initially, I was for what looked like was going to be a short-term military operation. Since the outcome is so unclear now, I have my reservations.

Some have said this war is justified, and others have said it’s not. Where I’m seeing both sides starting to agree is that it has been poorly executed and has been dragging on longer than necessary.

Not to mention, the president did break his promise about not starting new wars during his campaign, which caused his other promise to slow down rising costs to break as well.

Do you think that’s a fair assessment?
Yeah I think so. There’s so much I could say to add to what you’ve said. I’m about to go in to work. If I have time I’ll add some things later today. It looks like I’ll be really busy today.
 
Yes I remember them leaving Afghanistan and they were highly criticized for how they left. Just like Trump will be highly criticized for “if” and how he leaves Iran.

As long as Trump leaves Iran, how that looks won’t much matter to me. As long as innocent people stop dying. And that’s how I feel about Biden leaving Afghanistan. However, people will criticize Biden for how he left because in my opinion they are so Republican Democrats can do nothing right. It’s sad how we play teams.

In my opinion, the average Republican and the average Democrat actually agree on most things in general. I do not believe the average Democrat is my enemy.
I know of many fine, upstanding Democrats until it comes to moral and ethical concerns. They're kind to their neighbors, help the poor, but support killing babies in the womb up to the moment of birth. They believe in mutilating our children to support the transgender ideology. They support letting illegals gaining access programs designed for the American taxpayers. Shall I go on. Just two areas of "goodness" doesn't make them fine, upstanding people. Our problem isn't with THEM, it's with their ideologies. I don't see where they agree on much of anything. We're against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 
I know of many fine, upstanding Democrats until it comes to moral and ethical concerns. They're kind to their neighbors, help the poor, but support killing babies in the womb up to the moment of birth. They believe in mutilating our children to support the transgender ideology. They support letting illegals gaining access programs designed for the American taxpayers. Shall I go on. Just two areas of "goodness" doesn't make them fine, upstanding people. Our problem isn't with THEM, it's with their ideologies. I don't see where they agree on much of anything. We're against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Well, same could be said about those who support this war 100% and innocent children die and chalk it up to, hey this is war things happen. I agree it comes down to ideology. I disagree with you in that that makes them horrible people. (If I understood you correctly)
 
Well, same could be said about those who support this war 100% and innocent children die and chalk it up to, hey this is war things happen. I agree it comes down to ideology. I disagree with you in that that makes them horrible people. (If I understood you correctly)
i have been quiet about this for a while coz i didn;t think it was worth wasting time on you.... .but sometimes it has to be said - especially when new posters are coming in to jump on your band wagons.... ..

but if you really believe the garbage you have been spewing here then maybe you should pack up your tar paper shanty and move to iran..... spend a couple of years there learning just precisely what it is democrats are expressing support for.......... . while you are at it take terror towel jesus with you and drop him off in gaza.. .... ..hamas should be very appreciative of the support he gives them... let them appreciate him in person.....

.... .... i have said this many times before here.... as recently as this past monday in a post that it appears you didn;t read - but like it or not our country is at war..... and in a time of war nothing encourages an enemy to keep fighting and keep trying to kill americans like seeing american civilians at home talking the kind of trash that a few people are spewing here...

most people - even those against the war - understand that concept and don;t speak in ways supportive of those wanting to see the united states destroyed.... .....but a few of you here have literally become a mouthpiece for the mullahs... a verbal aid and comfort to the enemy..... ... your drivel and the down in the mouth moaning of others like you is exactly what keeps the iranian militants and jihadists believing they can win if they just keep on fighting.....

what;s worse is you know there are people on the forum - and others reading it - who have friends and family members that are at this very moment in harms way - serving in the middle east.... and you don;t seem to care..... .. in fact - from what i have seen a few even appear to enjoy the discomfort and disgust you words cause in others...

but don;t worry..... ...let the democrats win back the house and the senate this november ... then pull off the double impeachment of both trump and vance.... and very quickly you will have president hakeem in the white house and a democrat socialist making decisions on every aspect of your life after that.......... ..we will see what kind of noise you make then.....
 
Initially, I was for what looked like was going to be a short-term military operation. Since the outcome is so unclear now, I have my reservations.

Some have said this war is justified, and others have said it’s not. Where I’m seeing both sides starting to agree is that it has been poorly executed and has been dragging on longer than necessary.

Not to mention, the president did break his promise about not starting new wars during his campaign, which caused his other promise to slow down rising costs to break as well.

Do you think that’s a fair assessment?
Fair.
 
Where have I asked for "proof," fool?

Again, you'll have to prove that, you Jew hating bigot.
LOL. You don't even pay attention to yourself.

I've cited the sources. They're all over the place in the forum. If you haven't bothered to pay attention, I'm under no obligation to spoonfeed you.
 
but don;t worry..... ...let the democrats win back the house and the senate this november ... then pull off the double impeachment of both trump and vance.... and very quickly you will have president hakeem in the white house and a democrat socialist making decisions on every aspect of your life after that.......... ..we will see what kind of noise you make then.....

Doom and gloom much?

The reason Democrats are going to flip the House and probably the Senate is because a lot of conservatives, and especially independents, feel like they aren't getting what they voted for. Many of them feel disappointed, but that doesn't mean they're all of a sudden going to become Democratic Socialists. What it means is that the voters are saying, "You had your chance, and I'm not seeing the results I was promised." That's the nature of Democracy.

It happens every midterm election. The pendulum will swing back in the other direction when the left inevitably messes things up too.
 
Last edited:
Doom and gloom much?

The reason Democrats are going to flip the House and probably the Senate is because a lot of conservatives, and especially independents, feel like they aren't getting what they voted for. Many of them feel disappointed, but that doesn't mean they're all of a sudden going to become Democratic Socialists. What it means is that the voters are saying, "You had your chance, and I'm not seeing the results I was promised." That's the nature of Democracy.

It happens every midterm election. The pendulum will swing back in the other direction when the left inevitably messes things up too.
serve as a mouthpiece for the mullahs much?.........

yes the pendulum always swings.... but your kind of reasoning posted all over the internet nowdays is exactly what i called an aid and comfort to the enemy..... ...

we have friends and family directly involved in all of this... also working all over the world as private contactors and volunteer combat medics in places like ukraine and israel.....

so don;t try to come in here like a newby and try to "educate" me on what;s going on over there.... save your comments for the families of the marines who died at abbey gate... .... that event was directly due to a pendulum swinging moment people with your kind of current sentiments helped bring about..... people who vote on emotion and impulse rather than using common sense and thinking things through.... .

look around here and learn a few things about the people here before you open your mouth and make a fool of yourself........ just some friendly advice....
 
serve as a mouthpiece for the mullahs much?.........

Is that the best you've got, buddy boy?

I'll have you know, as someone who has been a conservative my entire life, do believe, and continue to believe, that the best way to deal with an adversary is peace through strength, and that requires some degree of restraint for the one wielding that power.

so don;t try to come in here like a newby and try to "educate" me on what;s going on over there....

If you've already concluded that you're so much wiser than I am and have been around the block longer than I have, then by all means, disregard my opinion on the matter. After all, you know how that saying goes: "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."
 
Last edited:
Is that the best you've got, buddy boy?

i;m not a boy .... for your information.. entirely XX... not an XY..... ... though we could be buddies eventually.... anything is possible.... ... like i said - learn a few things first.... or else continue posting like a circus clown...
I'll have you know, as someone who has been a conservative my entire life, do believe, and continue to believe, that the best way to deal with foreign adversaries is peace through strength, and that requires some degree of restraint for the one wielding that power.
no doubt you will try to tell me.... . doesn;t mean i;m going to believe you....... in fact - i don;t know you very well at all.... your idea of "restraint" might be very different than mine... .. you say peace through strength and i;ll take your word you might have believed that at one time... ... .but today you are taking the side of the ones who preach appeasement and looking the other way.... ..
It's no skin off my nose if you want to listen to me or not. After all, you know how that saying goes: "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."
do you still even have skin on your nose?.. .... ya know when you get old enough it starts peeling off or turning to mush..... all the skin on your face does that eventually but it usually starts with the nose.... and it happens regardless of anything i say or anyone else says or doesn;t say....... ....

but it doesn;t matter either way when you live safely ensconced in middle america.... miles away from any border or group of foreigners with the power to do you harm.....
 
Last edited:
like i said - learn a few things first.... or else continue posting like a circus clown...

At least I'm open-minded enough to learn new things, unlike yourself. So far, you haven't provided me with anything of real substance that I can learn from other than name-calling. But go right ahead and continue posting, spinning in circles trying to make a relevant point...

 
If you've already concluded that you're so much wiser than I am and have been around the block longer than I have, then by all means, disregard my opinion on the matter. After all, you know how that saying goes: "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."
no... i would never believe i;m older than you are.... or been around any blocks you are familiar with........ but age and wisdom do not go together as autmatically or as often as some might think.......

by the way....pierre sounds like a french name.... .. do you speak french?........ i do..... ..not as fluently as i speak a few other languages... ..and i learned most of those by exposure to them.. .. but french was one i took in school... .. as was medical latin.. ... .interesting what you find on the internet... yeah?.... even on an obscure fundamentalist forum.....
 
At least I'm open-minded enough to learn new things, unlike yourself. So far, you haven't provided me with anything of real substance that I can learn from other than name-calling. But go right ahead and continue posting, spinning in circles trying to make a relevant point...

hey.... you are the one who jumped on me first in this exchange..... as if you were going teach me a few things... .. .i didn;t single you out and make a post directly to you ..... . ..... got a chip on your shoulder about something?....... .air it out.. .. what;s your big problem with me and with what i believe?...... got actual skin in the game of foreign wars and foreign policy - like my family does?......

negative words like the ones you posted can have negative effects.... .. and those negative effects can be the difference in whether americans serving over seas live or die..... does that matter to you?....... or are you like a few others here more worried about the price of gas when they should be worried about simply being able to keep their gas powered car.........
 
I don't speak French, I just have a French name.
.
good name... ..mine is navajo... . but i;m actually only half navajo - the other half is mexican.... i speak fluent spanish... it was my first language.... . though i have never been to either spain or mexico.... . people from the mainland who see me on the street sometimes assume i;m hawaiian - which i am not ... .although i do speak fluent hawaiian... . ..confusing yeah?.... .....
It's clear that you're set in your ways, so I guess I know better now.
my apologies if i seem set in my ways.... but it did not come without a price..... or without experience.... and i didn;t arrive at all my opinions all by myself either.... i have many people in my life with hands on real world experience to learn from.... people i owe my life to..... .. i listen to them before i listen to anybody else.....
What matters to me is that we are in the best possible position to defend ourselves from other countries that are greater direct threats to the US than Iran ever has been.
that;s what we thought on september 10th, 2001 too... jets hijacked and flown into buildings dispelled that illusion..... ..

before that we fully believed something similar on december 6th 1941.... we believed if we left everyone else alone they would leave us alone too..... .... the attack that blasted us out of that fantasy and put us into world war 2 happened just few miles from where i live....

in 1993 osama bin laden was behind a group that bombed the world trade center.... they said their goal was to cause one building to collapse and fall into the other.... ..their effort failed... later - in the late 1990s. ...i can;t remember the exact date. ..the military had osama bin laden located at several different times... and could have taken him out with a drone.... .the powers that be at each time declined to authorize any action... ... . their opinion was "since he is not actively trying to hurt us at this moment just leave him alone and watch him..... ".... .. ..how did just watching him go?......

iran has been a continual and active threat against the united states since 1979.... many will try to say that;s not true... .. even on this forum .... maybe you included...... ...but i have not seen a single one of them... including you... yet say they have ever been to iran.... served in the military in the middle east.... or even been to israel other than to take a guided tour with a church missionary group... they only know what they read on the internet or see on the television....

why should i believe you or them either one above those in my own household who have actually been there... rescued people from there... or safely guided people at high risk through that part of the world?......



Unfortunately, there already have been casualties on our side; critical U.S. missile and interceptor stockpiles have been severely depleted, all at a cost of $45 billion in military expenditures. So yeah, it definitely does matter to me and it worries me that this may end up resulting in unintended consequences in the future. That being said, if we are able to force Iran into a regime change, that would probably make all of this worth it in the long term, but I'm no longer convinced that we're heading in that direction.
which goes to what i said earlier about negative talk coming from americans themselves can cause a defeated enemy to rekindle hope and continue fighting.... to continue trying to kill americans... .. . i believe there are americans who now have the blood of other americans on their hands in that regard..... .

but rumors of american military capabilities being exhausted are greatly exaggerated.. .just as the rumors of iran somehow "winning" this war are..... .... if you listen to the democrats and their news media lap dogs you will believe we will soon have nothing but rocks to throw at an enemy and should cut and run now.... .they love to preach how wars of regime change never work....

i don;t believe in wars of regime change... .when it comes to state sponsors of terror i believe in wars of regime destruction - with the goal of removing their teeth and claws entirely.... .. then sanctioning anyone who tries to re-enable them.... .... let them be the one who resorts to throwing rocks if they feel they need to..... ..

destruction of the mullahs in iran is something that should have been done by a u.s. president many years ago.... rather than sending them pallets full of cash ...and then relocating muslim "down and outs" to places in the u.s where they can set up their own enclaves....... we already have no go zones in american similar to those in brittain where christians and anyone not fully muslim can;t go..... . how much more of that are you willing to accept?... .... how bad will it have to get?..... .. .
 
Last edited:
no... i would never believe i;m older than you are.... or been around any blocks you are familiar with........ but age and wisdom do not go together as autmatically or as often as some might think.......

Well, if you are older than I am, and I think that you are, I was raised properly enough that I was taught that I’m supposed to respect you as my elder, so I do not wish to argue with you about it further.

I trust that you have well-thought-out and valid reasons for believing what you believe. I’m sorry that we can’t see eye to eye. I hope you trust that I’m a patriot and do love my country, even though we may disagree on tactical issues.
 
At least I'm open-minded enough to learn new things, unlike yourself. So far, you haven't provided me with anything of real substance that I can learn from other than name-calling. But go right ahead and continue posting, spinning in circles trying to make a relevant point...

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Believe me when I say, I k is what’s funny and that video is funny!!
 
hey.... you are the one who jumped on me first in this exchange..... as if you were going teach me a few things... .. .i didn;t single you out and make a post directly to you ..... . ..... got a chip on your shoulder about something?....... .air it out.. .. what;s your big problem with me and with what i believe?...... got actual skin in the game of foreign wars and foreign policy - like my family does?......

negative words like the ones you posted can have negative effects.... .. and those negative effects can be the difference in whether americans serving over seas live or die..... does that matter to you?....... or are you like a few others here more worried about the price of gas when they should be worried about simply being able to keep their gas powered car.........
“negative words like the ones you posted can have negative effects.... .. and those negative effects can be the difference in whether americans serving over seas live or die..... does that matter to you?....... or are you like a few others here more worried about the price of gas when they should be worried about simply being able to keep their gas powered car.........”


Literally some of the same exact talking points they said when we invaded Iraq.
Bringing down moral was a big one they used for being against the Iraq war.

To be clear, we support our troops 100% but do not support them dying on behalf of a foreign country.
 
“negative words like the ones you posted can have negative effects.... .. and those negative effects can be the difference in whether americans serving over seas live or die..... does that matter to you?....... or are you like a few others here more worried about the price of gas when they should be worried about simply being able to keep their gas powered car.........”


Literally some of the same exact talking points they said when we invaded Iraq.
Bringing down moral was a big one they used for being against the Iraq war.
doesn;t make the "talking point" - or the concept behind it - any less true... .. it;s also something that was emblazoned on war bond posters during world war 2 .... .. was that something to brush off as merely a talking point or misplaced patriotism then?..

here is one of the big problems with the iraq war and it;s something i spoke of a long time ago here.... . bush the 2nd.... george dubya.... sent us into iraq for one reason and one reason only..... . iraq had made an attempt to assassinate george bush senior - his dear ole daddy - a few years earlier... ...

clinton sent missles in to punish iraq for it and killed a few night watchmen and janitors... . but that wasn;t good enough for ole george... . .. he wanted sadaam hussiens head... . and eventually he got him... ... his big mistake was not shooting hussien on sight and turning a dead body over to the iraqis - then leaving the country.... . holding hussien for trial is what led to the insurgent war....

obama did not make that mistake in pursuing bin laden.... the troops obama sent in did kill him on sight and went even further... and better..... dumping his body at sea so there was no remains of him for the mullahs to.. ahem... mull over.... ... .. but then he made his own mistakes in afganistan after that... .. many mistakes that trump was determined to fix when he was in office the first time... . but which biden took up the reins on before trump could finish it and made a total mess trying to get back to the obama way...... .


To be clear, we support our troops 100% but do not support them dying on behalf of a foreign country.

trust me... when you repeat democrat/iranian talking points... .. the kinds of things that encourage them to keep on fighting rather than surrendering and seeking an agreement..... you do not support american troops 100%.... .. and this idea of it all being about dying for a foriegn country or fighing israels war for them is just more b.s. propaganda that only a fool or an obsessed hater of israel would follow.... ....

like it or not they are still our best friends and ally in that region...... and regardless of how it all started 80.. 150... or 200 years ago - and regardless of who was right or wrong back then - we can;t turn back the clock..... .. turning back the clock is part of what islamic terror is all about... and destroying the united states is every bit as much on their greivance list as destroying israel is.......
 
Last edited:
Well, if you are older than I am, and I think that you are, I was raised properly enough that I was taught that I’m supposed to respect you as my elder, so I do not wish to argue with you about it further.

I trust that you have well-thought-out and valid reasons for believing what you believe. I’m sorry that we can’t see eye to eye. I hope you trust that I’m a patriot and do love my country, even though we may disagree on tactical issues.
i don;t know... ..you might be younger..... if so it;s a first.. ... i was born in the mid 1980s ... and was in highschool when 911 happened... .i joined here while basically still a teenager and for a long time was the youngest person here.... . for 2 decades in fact.. ... facebook was making it;s appearance back then and people started losing interest in old school forums like this one.. ....for a long time nobody but those that were older than me signed up.... .. but if you are truly younger then i will respect that also.. .... i was taught to treat younger people well and not to intentionally provoke them.... . ...

people wouldn;t know it now but there was a time i was probably the most liberal person here... not doctrinally liberal.. but definitely politically so... .. a loose canon in the opinions of some.. .... and in early 2016 i was not a fan of donald trump at all..... i thought he was a racist and that his candidacy would do nothing more than serve as a reason for people to vote for hilary clinton.... i am glad i was wrong about that....
 
Last edited:
Back
Top