Will Paul Chappell Criticize Rick Warren Today?

Just John

Elect
Reaction score
Paul Chappell has been publicly critical of Rick Warren including a "sermon" with many false claims and critical of "purpose driven" churches while at the same time some of his staff have attended Purpose Driven Conferences. Today from Rick Warren's pastors.com email among other things he linked to Chappell's article on "The Anatomy of a Servant's Heart". 

I'm very concerned about Warren.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

I really don't care what Paul Chappell's opinion is on anything, though I'm not much of a Warren fan either.

Izdaari said:
I really don't care what Paul Chappell's opinion is on anything, though I'm not much of a Warren fan either.
"

Anishinaabe

And this is important why?

Izdaari said:

Same here.

As I see it, JJ is just exposing yet another hypocricy of IFB dom. PC is supposed to be one of the better guys, from what I hear( yet haven't seen), of this movement.

Who is Paul Chappell and why should I care what he says...got my own opinions about Rick Warren.

I am going to be critical of Just John being critical of Paul Chappell being publicly critical of Rick Warren.
Just John, I criticize thee.

I hope I was not too harsh. 

Holy Mole said:
As I see it, JJ is just exposing yet another hypocricy of IFB dom. PC is supposed to be one of the better guys, from what I hear( yet haven't seen), of this movement.

Correction, PC is of the Hyles Movement IFB, he does not represent the IFB as a whole.  He was birthed out of the Hyles Movement.  I assure you that there is a side of the IFB that has never or will never be influenced by these people. 

I believe it is sad when people only know of the Hyles Movement of the IFB. 

Bruh said:
Holy Mole said:

Correction, PC is of the Hyles Movement IFB, he does not represent the IFB as a whole.  He was birthed out of the Hyles Movement.  I assure you that there is a side of the IFB that has never or will never be influenced by these people. 

I dont think PC has had anything to do with the HAC group for many many years. He has on staff several former HAC staff that are in very poor standing with HAC(most). My understanding was that his college came from the BBF college PCBC and he runs more with conservative BBF crowd more than the HAC group.

Personally, Ive been a member of churches and involved with several different IFB camps some of which preceeded the HAC movement.

Holy Mole said:
Bruh said:
Holy Mole said:

I dont think PC has had anything to do with the HAC group for many many years. He has on staff several former HAC staff that are in very poor standing with HAC(most). My understanding was that his college came from the BBF college PCBC and he runs more with conservative BBF crowd more than the HAC group.

Personally, Ive been a member of churches and involved with several different IFB camps some of which preceeded the HAC movement.

I'm with you.  I've been a follower of Paul Chappell for years and I don't think you can really say he's from the Hyles Crowd.  I'd say his latest book "The Road Ahead" is nothing if not a veiled attack on the Hyles Crowd.  While I haven't listened to the sermon in question (the one where he bashes and abuses Rick Warren)

pastorryanhayden said:
Holy Mole said:
Bruh said:
Holy Mole said:

I'm with you.  I've been a follower of Paul Chappell for years and I don't think you can really say he's from the Hyles Crowd.  I'd say his latest book "The Road Ahead" is nothing if not a veiled attack on the Hyles Crowd.  While I haven't listened to the sermon in question (the one where he bashes and abuses Rick Warren)

IMO, he has been trying to distance himself from Jack Schaap, not Jack Hyles.  Its my understanding that he has been a strong follower of Jack Hyles for some time.  I'm sure he is a sincere man that loves the Lord.   

JrChurch said:
I am going to be critical of Just John being critical of Paul Chappell being publicly critical of Rick Warren.
Just John, I criticize thee.

I hope I was not too harsh.

Oh gee, I think I will live.  LOL.

There was a bit of an element more of hypocrisy but overall I just find most things amusing.  :)

Bruh said:
Holy Mole said:

Say "Hyles Movement" again.

Anishinaabe

Seriously, though, by default, can any one represent Independents as a whole.  This is laughable.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
Bruh said:
Holy Mole said:

Say "Hyles Movement" again.

Anishinaabe

Hyles Movement. 

prophet said:
Seriously, though, by default, can any one represent Independents as a whole.  This is laughable.

Anishinaabe

You are correct.  But when someone refers to Gomez, PC, Jon Jenkins and these type guys and then says  something like was said and throws the whole of IFB into one basket.  It needs to be said that these guys do not and have never represented the whole but only one side. 

I'm sure you realize there are some that think the "Hyles Movement"  :) is all there is. 

Bruh said:
pastorryanhayden said:
Holy Mole said:
Bruh said:
Holy Mole said:

IMO, he has been trying to distance himself from Jack Schaap, not Jack Hyles.  Its my understanding that he has been a strong follower of Jack Hyles for some time.  I'm sure he is a sincere man that loves the Lord. 

Nope.  PC disconnected himself from Hammond back in 98-99 when he pulled Hyles' book from his shelves and stood with the Sword and Shelton Smith.  There was quite a bit of national hullabaloo in the NADD regarding that issue.

Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
pastorryanhayden said:
Holy Mole said:
Bruh said:
Holy Mole said:

Nope.  PC disconnected himself from Hammond back in 98-99 when he pulled Hyles' book from his shelves and stood with the Sword and Shelton Smith.  There was quite a bit of national hullabaloo in the NADD regarding that issue.

O.k here's the thing.  As far as the build methods big days, preaching styles, leadership styles, the way the gospel is presented, man worship is there much difference between Hyles and the SOTL?