Will Schaap Be Sued?

no value

Elect
Reaction score
Because Dr Jack Schaap admitted to his crime and is currently paying his debt to society, it will be interesting to see if his victim will sue him in civil court after his release from prison.

Which begs the question---was Dave Hyles ever sued by any of his victims during his escapades in TX?

no value said:
Which begs the question---was Dave Hyles ever sued by any of his victims during his escapades in TX?

Why beg?  Were any of his "victims" minors?  I don't think so.  Consensual adultery or fornication is not illegal as far as I know, except in Muslim countries.

no value said:
Because Dr Jack Schaap admitted to his crime and is currently paying his debt to society, it will be interesting to see if his victim will sue him in civil court after his release from prison.

BG mentioned a while back that there was a settlement with the victim and only the lawyers and the insurance knew the amounts.

IFB X-Files said:
no value said:

Why beg?  Were any of his "victims" minors?  I don't think so.  Consensual adultery or fornication is not illegal as far as I know, except in Muslim countries.

Joy Evans Rider has said that she was 15 when it started with DH.  Probably the only reason no one has sued is because the statue of limitations has run out.    (I also got the impression from Voyle Glover's book and the Paula interview that there where some people who got money from Jack Hyles to keep quiet and not sue)

IFB X-Files said:
no value said:

The one I believe he killed was a minor....

Just sayin'...

IFB X-Files said:
Timotheus said:
Joy Evans Rider has said that she was 15 when it started with DH. 

The OP says "in Texas".

I missed that.  :)

Away from Hammond and his dad's protection, DH must have stuck with the 18 and older crowd. 

TX seems like a place that Dads and brothers would inflict bodily harm and they would have guns.  :eek:

To bad Joy did not have a dad like that.