Won’t Somebody Buy Us A Car?

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I really tire of post’s like this. A normal, expected need the majority of us have. We plan for it and sacrifice to get it.

But if you’re an “evangelist”, no worries. Just make it known and someone or ones will cough up the dough.
This reminds me of another evangelist who would often break down while traveling and post it on Facebook so someone else would bail him out. I asked him, “Don’t you have AAA?” Of course not. Easier and cheaper to get the flock to pay up.

D9996127-7656-470F-ABD0-DB159B4172B6.png

Please pray for the financing I need to get a dependable vehicle so I can drive to work and get paid so I can donate to this worthy cause.

My heart was stirred several years ago for a young evangelist whom I really like and appreciate. His family does a good job and they’ve had personal family issues.

He needed a guitar case as his had failed and he was going overseas. I offered to get him a case ( around $150) but nooooo, he wanted a high end case that sold for around $600. I backed out but someone else gave him what he wanted. My thoughts for that kind of extravagance was: “get a job!”

Last edited:
He's really sucking that gut in in the photo.

He's praying to his followers.

He's really sucking that gut in in the photo.
He's praying to his followers.
My thought was that if they cut down on the food intake, they could afford a car payment.

I need a new car right now.
My 2007 Camry brake actuator is on the fritz. VSC light on, Check engine light on, brake light on, ABS light on.
Brakes barely work, shrill bell comes on when you drive the car. Car can't be driven safely.
A new brake actuator is 1200 smackeroos. Nice, eh?
Total out the door at Toyota will be almost 2K after taxes.`
Maybe I should go on facebook and pine about it?
God provides though.
Last week on 'vacation' (and I use that word 'vacation' loosely..., I hit a tread blew off by a semi which caused $1000 worth of damage to my van.
My wife's uncle gave us 1000 to pay for it.
Aint God good? Yes He is.

I need a new car right now.
My 2007 Camry brake actuator is on the fritz. VSC light on, Check engine light on, brake light on, ABS light on.
Brakes barely work, shrill bell comes on when you drive the car. Car can't be driven safely.
A new brake actuator is 1200 smackeroos. Nice, eh?
Total out the door at Toyota will be almost 2K after taxes.`
Maybe I should go on facebook and pine about it?
God provides though.
Last week on 'vacation' (and I use that word 'vacation' loosely..., I hit a tread blew off by a semi which caused $1000 worth of damage to my van.
My wife's uncle gave us 1000 to pay for it.
Aint God good? Yes He is.
If you had whined on Facebook about the tread incident, you could have surely gotten more.

I'd been on the back side of that a few years ago. I run a small parachurch ministry, and my car's engine cracked a block while we were trying to figure out an overheating problem.
I thought, "hey no problem, I'll get a month bus pass and take mass transit until I can save up some cash." Never occurred to me to go whining and crying about it.

Other people, however, decided to do it for me. One of my board members said, "hey I've got this 20 year old van I'm not using, drive it around for a couple of months and see what you think...." So I did, putting back some extra cash in the meanwhile. Went back to the board member and said, "hey your van is just perfect, how much you want for it?" He replied, "I'm giving it to you." I about fainted.
Please pray for the financing I need to get a dependable vehicle so I can drive to work and get paid so I can donate to this worthy cause.

I'd been on the back side of that a few years ago. I run a small parachurch ministry, and my car's engine cracked a block while we were trying to figure out an overheating problem.
I thought, "hey no problem, I'll get a month bus pass and take mass transit until I can save up some cash." Never occurred to me to go whining and crying about it.

Other people, however, decided to do it for me. One of my board members said, "hey I've got this 20 year old van I'm not using, drive it around for a couple of months and see what you think...." So I did, putting back some extra cash in the meanwhile. Went back to the board member and said, "hey your van is just perfect, how much you want for it?" He replied, "I'm giving it to you." I about fainted.
Amen! That's the way God does miracles!