You Might As Well Know

Binaca Chugger

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
When you attend, your preacher will talk the talk of traveling the old paths, high standards of separation, not wanting anything to do with the CCM crowd and not joining in with the Southern Baptists, Non-Denominational crowd and the modern forms of "Worship."

635851810615635225-governor-matt-bevin-inauguration-worship-service-12082015.JPG

9416532_G.jpg

Just because he talks the talk, doesn't mean that he always walks the walk.

Binaca Chugger said:
When you attend, your preacher will talk the talk of traveling the old paths, high standards of separation, not wanting anything to do with the CCM crowd and not joining in with the Southern Baptists, Non-Denominational crowd and the modern forms of "Worship."

635851810615635225-governor-matt-bevin-inauguration-worship-service-12082015.JPG

9416532_G.jpg

Just because he talks the talk, doesn't mean that he always walks the walk.
[/quote]

Well, well, how about them apples?

Just in case you don't know, Jeff Fugate is pictured with a host of Southern Baptist and Non-Denominational pastors.  On the same stage, was a CCM band performing their variations of worship music.  The setting for this event was for the Kentucky governor to recognize the evangelicals who helped win the election.  Apparently Jeff is willing to abandon his standards of separation that he preaches in conferences and prints in papers for the sake of politics.

Binaca Chugger said:
Just in case you don't know, Jeff Fugate is pictured with a host of Southern Baptist and Non-Denominational pastors.  On the same stage, was a CCM band performing their variations of worship music.  The setting for this event was for the Kentucky governor to recognize the evangelicals who helped win the election.  Apparently Jeff is willing to abandon his standards of separation that he preaches in conferences and prints in papers for the sake of politics.

Who am I to criticize? I attend Lake County Right to Life meetings with Father Rocky, and so do many other FBCH types.

As long as he just stood in the front, with an uninterested look and his hands in his pockets during the music... everything will be alright. :)

FSSL said:
As long as he just stood in the front, with an uninterested look and his hands in his pockets during the music... everything will be alright. :)
Agreed.  :) :)

There was even a lady in --------------- P A N T S!!!!!

I'm trying (unsuccessfully) not to be funny, but did you notice that all of those men pass hair check?

I've driven past this "motel college".  Are they all rockers now?

Twisted said:

Not at all.  They desire to be known as what HAC used to be.  They will preach hard against CCM and condemn any who listen to it.  The irony is that the pastor is willing to attend services with CCM, join hands with the SBC and non-denoms if it will promote his name in the media.  However, a student would receive disciplinary measures for attending such a concert at a local venue.

The point of the post is that if you are looking for a true IFB school, CBC proclaims itself as a bastion of the old path fundamentalists.  In many ways, that is just what the school is. However, you might as well know that the pastor is apparently willing to make any compromise for self-promotion.  His walk doesn't match his talk. Sometimes, you need to know these things going in to a situation.

Binaca Chugger said:
Twisted said:

Not at all.  They desire to be known as what HAC used to be.  They will preach hard against CCM and condemn any who listen to it.  The irony is that the pastor is willing to attend services with CCM, join hands with the SBC and non-denoms if it will promote his name in the media.  However, a student would receive disciplinary measures for attending such a concert at a local venue.

The point of the post is that if you are looking for a true IFB school, CBC proclaims itself as a bastion of the old path fundamentalists.  In many ways, that is just what the school is. However, you might as well know that the pastor is apparently willing to make any compromise for self-promotion.  His walk doesn't match his talk. Sometimes, you need to know these things going in to a situation.

That's good info.

Twisted said:

Do you mean "model"?  Not sure what a "motel college" is...

Binaca Chugger said:
Twisted said:

I don't know if this is entirely fair.  I hold no brief for Fugate or his college, but he may have been invited to this get-together. It's not like he was hosting it.

Walt said:
Twisted said:

The building was a motel before they purchased it.

Twisted said:
Walt said:
Twisted said:

Seem to be a great number of colleges that start up in old motels. Grace in Gay Lord used an old motel.

The one in Elgin was in an old motel.

I'm sure there are many more.

Twisted said:
Walt said:
Twisted said:

A motel makes sense -- the multi-rooms make good classrooms.  Probably a good conversion.

Walt said:
I don't know if this is entirely fair.  I hold no brief for Fugate or his college, but he may have been invited to this get-together. It's not like he was hosting it.

Do you hold other people's briefs?  :eek:

Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Twisted said:

Of course he was invited.  He also chose to attend an inter-denominational service dedicated to thanking God and praising the Governor.  He did not just attend, he received recognition from this group.  This is a pattern with Fugate.  When Rand Paul announced his run for Senate, Fugate attended the meeting and prayed for the group and Rand Paul.  Directly following the prayer was a Grammy winning pop star who sang for the group.  Fugate is willing to compromise his beliefs of separation and standards for an opportunity to receive praise of men.  By the way, I think that would disqualify him as a pastor according to 1 Tim 3:6.

Binaca Chugger said:
Walt said:

Do you hold other people's briefs?  :eek:

Topic for Jerry Springer?