Your memories from your time at HAC

sword

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading HAC_Rebel2014's memories from her time at HAC. Over the years I have come to learn HAC had a different flavor and different feel depending on when you attended.
Those who stayed at Baptist city in the very early years have different memories than others. Those who served in the bus ministry during the Jim Vineyard years remember the BUS ministry differently than those that came after. Those who remember the fights and the controversies and the big days. The Hyles years were different than the Schapp years which differed from the Wilkerson Era. Every time period has it's stories and memories and are important to those who lived them.

Please share your memories and the ERA you were there. I would love to hear about the different time periods of the college and the events and people of that era. Tells us about those who made a lasting impact on your life and made such a difference.

The only time I was "there" was when I went to visit pre-college. That was in 1978-79. I wasn't at all impressed, though some from the youth group that I grew up in in Illinois were, and we had many who had gone to HAC as students. Even then I felt something was wrong with the place. I felt like the Holy Spirit had definitely shown me that he didn't want me there.

My memory was going there in 2004. A friend who's wife left him asked me to meet him in Chicago for a few days. He took me to chapel. I had my NKJV bible. I was waiting for them to make me show them what version I was carrying. The chapel service was a joke. A total joke.
That is correct. It seemed to me that the chapel service was nothing more than a praise session for "Pastor." That really ticked me off. The message? Respect those that have the rule over you....emphasis on the word "Rule." Got tired of the worship of Hyles that week there.

So far SWORD & I are the only members who were there....as students.

Just an observation.

My memory was going there in 2004. A friend who's wife left him asked me to meet him in Chicago for a few days. He took me to chapel. I had my NKJV bible. I was waiting for them to make me show them what version I was carrying. The chapel service was a joke. A total joke.

Jack Trieber preaching?