Arrested for Murder - Former Calvary Chapel Bible College Worship Leader & Graduate

The guy's past as a "worship leader" at Calvary Chapel Bible College rates billing in your headline because....?

The guy's past as a "worship leader" at Calvary Chapel Bible College rates billing in your headline because....?
Because I didn’t feel like typing the actual headline for the article on the website, which is the following: “Accountant and Bible school graduate, 37, is charged with murder of teacher girlfriend, 27, who was found stuffed in the trunk of a burnt out car.”

Anymore questions? Would you have asked the same if it had been a worship leader from a different church?

Well, let's see...

No mention of the guy's affiliation with Calvary Chapel Bible College almost until the end of the article. And then that affiliation is mentioned because the writer of this report had obviously accessed his LinkedIn profile.

According to the article, the guy worked for Northrop Grumman from 2010 till earlier this year. His LinkedIn profile says he graduated from CCBC in 2006 and served as a worship leader, no other detail given, other than there may still be some remaining affiliation depending on how you read the wording.

Oh yeah... You forgot to mention that one of the main features of the article is that the guy was out on $600,000 bond for a sexual assault case, a detail the article spent considerably more time on.

It doesn't matter to me if the guy was CC, Paul Chappel, or LBGTQ+++ all very prominent in California and the Antelope Valley where the guy lived. Each of these affiliations are popular whipping boys on this forum. The fact is one has to read deeply into the article to even discover such an affiliation.

Of course, the mention of CC is going to attract my attention just as I'm sure "avid fisherman/duck hunter" would attract yours. My question is why does such a minor part of the article prompt you to advance it to headline material?

Well, let's see...

Of course, the mention of CC is going to attract my attention just as I'm sure "avid fisherman/duck hunter" would attract yours. My question is why does such a minor part of the article prompt you to advance it to headline material?
Because Florida lawyer kills father.

😁

Well, let's see...

No mention of the guy's affiliation with Calvary Chapel Bible College almost until the end of the article. And then that affiliation is mentioned because the writer of this report had obviously accessed his LinkedIn profile.

According to the article, the guy worked for Northrop Grumman from 2010 till earlier this year. His LinkedIn profile says he graduated from CCBC in 2006 and served as a worship leader, no other detail given, other than there may still be some remaining affiliation depending on how you read the wording.

Oh yeah... You forgot to mention that one of the main features of the article is that the guy was out on $600,000 bond for a sexual assault case, a detail the article spent considerably more time on.

It doesn't matter to me if the guy was CC, Paul Chappel, or LBGTQ+++ all very prominent in California and the Antelope Valley where the guy lived. Each of these affiliations are popular whipping boys on this forum. The fact is one has to read deeply into the article to even discover such an affiliation.

The ACTUAL article link title says “Bible school graduate.” If it had been Bob Jones or Hyles Anderson College, I’d have done the same. Sorry you got your feelings hurt. I see no micromanaging of titles on here when it comes to HAC or your garden variety of fundamentalist churches.

The ACTUAL article link title says “Bible school graduate.” If it had been Bob Jones or Hyles Anderson College, I’d have done the same. Sorry you got your feelings hurt. I see no micromanaging of titles on here when it comes to HAC or your garden variety of fundamentalist churches.
I realize you are an equal opportunity muckraker. Your condescending tone is more annoying than anything else.

I realize you are an equal opportunity muckraker. Your condescending tone is more annoying than anything else.
Don’t act like a snowflake because you’re p’d off. Your tone is often just as obnoxious.

I’m no Gamecock, bro. Check yourself.
I’m probing, you can relate😉, when Dabo kills somebody because they criticize him on social media I’ll revisit this thread. 😎

The irony is I’m 99.999% positive I’ve never even mentioned the words “Calvary Chapel” until today, and then look what happened. I’m immediately questioned by the moderator about the wording of my title, further asked to clarify why I posted it, then called a “muckraker” when I point out that no one says boo when people posts about HAC, Pastor Hutson, etc. Unbelievable.

Well, let's see...

A little touchy there, aren't we? Whether it is a MINOR part of the article or not, it's still a point of interest.

The irony is I’m 99.999% positive I’ve never even mentioned the words “Calvary Chapel” until today, and then look what happened. I’m immediately questioned by the moderator about the wording of my title, further asked to clarify why I posted it, then called a “muckraker” when I point out that no one says boo when people posts about HAC, Pastor Hutson, etc. Unbelievable.
I hate to bring up the possibility of his becoming a moderator has gone to his head...not saying it has, but it's always possible. Mention Calvary Chapel, and one goes off like a doberman guarding a business.

I hate to bring up the possibility of his becoming a moderator has gone to his head...not saying it has, but it's always possible. Mention Calvary Chapel, and one goes off like a doberman guarding a business.
People can post negative stories about Clemson all day long and it won’t bother me, but Clemson isn’t a Christian university, so it wouldn’t make too much sense on a Christian forum. That Calvary story was a headline today, so I wasn’t digging up ancient history. Anyway, I guess lesson learned that anything negative about Calvary Chapel is strictly off limits on this forum.