Arrested for Murder - Former Calvary Chapel Bible College Worship Leader & Graduate

Imagine the scandal that would have ignited!

Lonnie Frisbee would be rolling over in his grave. 😏
If he’d be “rolling over in his grave” over a gay guy, but not a straight guy who committed several acts of rape and ultimately murder, I’d be a bit concerned myself….🙄

I realize you are an equal opportunity muckraker. Your condescending tone is more annoying than anything else.
The pot calling the kettle black. Go figure. Thankful I'm not as frequent a poster here as I had been. Some "staff" have just made me reevaluate wasting my time here.

People can post negative stories about Clemson all day long and it won’t bother me, but Clemson isn’t a Christian university, so it wouldn’t make too much sense on a Christian forum. That Calvary story was a headline today, so I wasn’t digging up ancient history. Anyway, I guess lesson learned that anything negative about Calvary Chapel is strictly off limits on this forum.
Just my opinion, but methinks thou doest protest too much. Don’t take it personal. You got the rise you sought. Stay and fight, or leave (I hope not), but quit playing the martyr.

Just my opinion, but methinks thou doest protest too much. Don’t take it personal. You got the rise you sought. Stay and fight, or leave (I hope not), but quit playing the martyr.
Maybe I’ll just stick to my ducks and fish…and President Carter posts. 😉

It's certainly better than someone constantly jumping on a high horse when someone mentions Calvary Chapel. Just sayin'.

Maybe I’ll just stick to my ducks and fish…and President Carter posts. 😉
It’s a free forum, but I think you have the ability to contribute valuable content elsewhere, on occasion 😁

It's certainly better than someone constantly jumping on a high horse when someone mentions Calvary Chapel. Just sayin'.
Depends on your perspective, I guess. The thrust of the article was about the circumstances of the murder, and it seemed like the religious angle was not played up. Of course, it would play well here, and Huk knew that, which is why he posted the title that he did. It was a mild form of Clickbait.

Depends on your perspective, I guess. The thrust of the article was about the circumstances of the murder, and it seemed like the religious angle was not played up. Of course, it would play well here, and Huk knew that, which is why he posted the title that he did. It was a mild form of Clickbait.
The actual title said “Bible college graduate.” It piqued my interest and it was later in the article that I saw it was, additionally, a former worship leader and was Calvary Chapel affiliated. As I said before, I’d have linked (and titled) the article exactly the same if it said “Pensacola Christian College” or “Bob Jones University” or “Liberty University,” etc. You’ve chosen to exclusively concentrate your energies on my role in this, but I can’t help but notice you’ve not found one ounce of critique towards ABC’s commentary. I’m not attacking you for that, I’m just making an observation. You and I both know if the title had said “Liberty University” instead of “Calvary Chapel,” his reaction would most likely have been non-existent.

Now that could be. I don't know, and neither do you.

The actual title said “Bible college graduate.”

What “actual title”? Your thread title? Or the Daily Mail’s? It wasn’t the Daily Mail’s title.

I’m not focusing exclusively in anybody’s role. I’m merely noting, as Ransom implied, that you tend to obscurantize and obfuscate. You had a reason for citing the Calvary Chapel angle rather than the (more generic and ambiguous) “Bible College” moniker.

Now that could be. I don't know, and neither do you.
Are you saying that when Huk conceived the thread title and included the descriptor that he had nobody on this forum in mind?

What “actual title”? Your thread title? Or the Daily Mail’s? It wasn’t the Daily Mail’s title.
Yes it was! I posted the title near the beginning of this thread. There are two different titles. There’s the title that is shown when you click on the link from the DM homepage, then there’s another, altered title on the actual article. The “clickbait title” on the homepage states the following: “Accountant and Bible school graduate, 37, is charged with murder of teacher girlfriend, 27, who was found stuffed in the trunk of a burnt out car.”

So quit saying there was no religious angle. It’s what drew me to click on the link in the first place!

Are you saying that when Huk conceived the thread title and included the descriptor that he had nobody on this forum in mind?
No I actually didn’t, but I quickly realized once ABC responded as he did. Search every article I’ve ever posted and I guarantee you’ll never see once I posted about Calvary Chapel. Libelous nonsense!

Mention CC, yes, you'll pique my interest. However, my original intent was to simply ask how such a minor part of the story was elevated to headline status. It went downhill from there.

Mention CC, yes, you'll pique my interest. However, my original intent was to simply ask how such a minor part of the story was elevated to headline status. It went downhill from there.
I have nothing personal against Calvary Chapel. My best friend (at least in Florida) attends a CC church and I visit his church once every few months and have for a number of years when our families plan lunch together afterwards, and they occasionally do the same with our church. (Our churches have different start/stop times.)