The Mega-Thread for COVID Evangelists

Exactly. The very tier that was at risk of hospitalization to begin with.

Like HCQ and Ivermectin, only with more serious side-effects.
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial from Skipper and colleagues was conducted in 423 outpatients (not in the hospital) with early COVID-19. It was published in the Annals of Internal Medicine in July 2020.

• Patients received oral hydroxychloroquine (800 mg once, followed by 600 mg in 6 to 8 hours, then 600 mg daily for 4 more days) or a placebo (inactive treatment).
  • Researchers found that over a 14 day period a change in symptom severity and the percent of patients with ongoing symptoms did not differ significantly between groups, signaling no effect from the hydroxychloroquine treatment.
  • However, side effects were significantly greater in the group receiving hydroxychloroquine compared to placebo (43% hydroxychloroquine versus 22% placebo (P < 0.001). Rates of hospitalizations and deaths did not differ significantly.

Randomized, double blind studies have been pretty consistent on HCQ. There are other drugs that show some benefit once exposed.

CDC recommends that those who were at high risk of harm from covid exposure before a vaccine was available continue to hunker in a bunker regardless of vax status.

Everyone not vaxed, regardless of risk and immunity, should hunker too.

'The agency recommends that people who are at increased risk of severe illness should avoid traveling on cruises, regardless of vaccination status, as should those who are not fully vaccinated.

'“Older adults and people of any age with certain underlying medical conditions are more likely to get severely ill if they get COVID-19,” the agency said in the guidelines. “People with weakened immune systems, including people who take medicines that suppress their immune systems, may not be protected even if fully vaccinated.”'

'Those who caught the Delta Variant of the CCP virus after being fully vaccinated carry a similar level of peak viral burden with their unvaccinated counterparts, a new UK analysis suggests.

'This suggests that a vaccinated and an unvaccinated individual, while infected with the variant, would shed similar amounts of the virus at any given time during the peak of their illness.

'It’s in contrast with the results seen when the Alpha variant was dominant in the UK.

'“With Alpha, people with two doses had really low levels of virus,” Sarah, co-author of the Oxford University-led study, said.

'“When Delta started to come in, the first thing that happened was that the virus values went up and now we really don’t see any difference in the amount of virus people get if they get infected after vaccination,” the medical statistics and epidemiology professor said.'

A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial from Skipper and colleagues was conducted in 423 outpatients (not in the hospital) with early COVID-19. It was published in the Annals of Internal Medicine in July 2020.

• Patients received oral hydroxychloroquine (800 mg once, followed by 600 mg in 6 to 8 hours, then 600 mg daily for 4 more days) or a placebo (inactive treatment).
  • Researchers found that over a 14 day period a change in symptom severity and the percent of patients with ongoing symptoms did not differ significantly between groups, signaling no effect from the hydroxychloroquine treatment.
  • However, side effects were significantly greater in the group receiving hydroxychloroquine compared to placebo (43% hydroxychloroquine versus 22% placebo (P < 0.001). Rates of hospitalizations and deaths did not differ significantly.

Randomized, double blind studies have been pretty consistent on HCQ. There are other drugs that show some benefit once exposed.

"Multiple studies provide data that hydroxychloroquine (brand name: Plaquenil) does not provide a medical benefit for hospitalized patients with COVID-19."
That's right. It's got to be administered early. Once they're hospitalized it's too late.

"Multiple studies provide data that hydroxychloroquine (brand name: Plaquenil) does not provide a medical benefit for hospitalized patients with COVID-19."
That's right. It's got to be administered early. Once they're hospitalized it's too late.
Did you miss the part in the quoted study where it said "early COVID" and "not in the hospital"?

CDC recommends that those who were at high risk of harm from covid exposure before a vaccine was available continue to hunker in a bunker regardless of vax status.

Everyone not vaxed, regardless of risk and immunity, should hunker too.

'The agency recommends that people who are at increased risk of severe illness should avoid traveling on cruises, regardless of vaccination status, as should those who are not fully vaccinated.

'“Older adults and people of any age with certain underlying medical conditions are more likely to get severely ill if they get COVID-19,” the agency said in the guidelines. “People with weakened immune systems, including people who take medicines that suppress their immune systems, may not be protected even if fully vaccinated.”'
Yes, the vaccine is less effective on those with compromised immune systems. I think you are about the only one surprised by this information. If I had a condition that would likely make COVID a death sentence for me, even if the vaccine was 90% effective for me, I would still avoid being trapped in a space with 2,000 other people for a week.

Yes, the vaccine is less effective on those with compromised immune systems. I think you are about the only one surprised by this information. If I had a condition that would likely make COVID a death sentence for me, even if the vaccine was 90% effective for me, I would still avoid being trapped in a space with 2,000 other people for a week.
The point is, that prior to the jab, those with comorbidities and other health issues were at any real risk of harm from exposure anyway.

Did you miss the part in the quoted study where it said "early COVID" and "not in the hospital"?
I pretty much dismissed the whole thing because of the glut of evidence to the contrary. Here's one that came out the same time:

Here's one from just a few months prior:

I could do this all day. (Well, not really. I have to go to work shortly.)

I pretty much dismissed the whole thing because of the glut of evidence to the contrary. Here's one that came out the same time:

Here's one from just a few months prior:

I could do this all day. (Well, not really. I have to go to work shortly.)
The first journal article you linked to was originally published online on in August of 2020 (https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(20)30673-2/fulltext). HDQ did look like it may be useful prior to the randomized studies that took place after this article. Some key takeaways from the the article you posted:

"Future randomized trials will undoubtedly refine and clarify ambulatory treatment, however we emphasize the immediate need for management guidance in the current crisis of widespread hospital resource consumption, morbidity, and mortality."

"If clinical trials are not feasible or will not deliver timely guidance to clinicians or patients, then other scientific information bearing on medication efficacy and safety needs to be examined."
"Future randomized trials will undoubtedly refine and clarify ambulatory treatment, however we emphasize the immediate need for management guidance in the current crisis of widespread hospital resource consumption, morbidity, and mortality."

There were actually about a dozen medications mentioned in the article-some of which I've never heard of in relation to COVID. This seems like they were trying to find everything that might work in the early days of COVID when people were looking for any solution that could fight COVID.

The first journal article you linked to was originally published online on in August of 2020 (https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(20)30673-2/fulltext). HDQ did look like it may be useful prior to the randomized studies that took place after this article. Some key takeaways from the the article you posted:

"If clinical trials are not feasible or will not deliver timely guidance to clinicians or patients, then other scientific information bearing on medication efficacy and safety needs to be examined."

There were actually about a dozen medications mentioned in the article-some of which I've never heard of in relation to COVID. This seems like they were trying to find everything that might work in the early days of COVID when people were looking for any solution that could fight COVID.
*sigh*

Here. Go argue with these guys.

Here's a fairly comprehensive list of HCQ/covid studies to date. It also includes links to other drug therapy studies. Enjoy.

Not much covid in the news since the hurricanes and the superspreaders in Obiden's Afghanistan. 卐auci must be furious the spotlight isn't on him right now. But don't worry, el presidente is pulling for him:

Last edited: