Whenever there's a "right way" and a "wrong way" to address a question of moral theology, I always mentally consider the question from the perspective of "good Ransom" and "evil Ransom." Kind of like the traditional angel and devil on my two shoulders. (I haven't decided which is which, however.)

When it comes to the state requiring that all churches accommodate same-sex weddings or stop performing them entirely, "good Ransom" would tear up his license and mail it to The Powers That Be with a blunt statement of principle, which would likely include a few choice words concerning the wrath of God.

On the other hand, "bad Ransom" would go right ahead and do them . . . but change nothing about the ceremony. Not even the wording concerning "man and wife. Let them figure out who gets to kiss the bride. (Not entirely true. I might append, after "by the power vested in me," something like "against my better judgment and because the law leaves me no alternative.") Oh, and I think the sermon might prominently feature a certain chapter or two of Leviticus.

In the end good Ransom would win out. Unforutnately. Sure, I walk with my integrity intact, but I think evil Ransom would like to say a few words about the constitutionality of the state interfering with the practice of religion. Go ahead, Caesar, tell me what I'm not allowed to say in my own pulpit.

aleshanee said:
[size=12pt]i don;t know if you have been following this on the news or not..... but the current governor of hawaii.... neil abercrombie.... who went against the will of hawaiis registered voters last year and used his executive power and influence to force a bill into law not only legalizing same sex marriage but forcing churches to either provide services for gay weddings or stop all wedding activity entirely...

They are painting it in the media here as a back lash for him pushing an increase in taxes. I don't recall reading anything about the gay marriage thing but I haven't read too much on it yet.

What kills me is why Hawaii is a lock for the democrats. Over the years, I've heard it being blamed on things like "they are an island and need all the handouts they can get" to "they were a territory until 1959 and became dependent on the government for everything - sort of like Puerto Rico is now". 

Whatever the reason, you vote democrat, you get their political planks...right in your face.

aleshanee said:
Green Beret said:
aleshanee said:
i don;t know if you have been following this on the news or not..... but the current governor of hawaii.... neil abercrombie.... who went against the will of hawaiis registered voters last year and used his executive power and influence to force a bill into law not only legalizing same sex marriage but forcing churches to either provide services for gay weddings or stop all wedding activity entirely...

They are painting it in the media here as a back lash for him pushing an increase in taxes. I don't recall reading anything about the gay marriage thing but I haven't read too much on it yet.

What kills me is why Hawaii is a lock for the democrats. Over the years, I've heard it being blamed on things like "they are an island and need all the handouts they can get" to "they were a territory until 1959 and became dependent on the government for everything - sort of like Puerto Rico is now". 

Whatever the reason, you vote democrat, you get their political planks...right in your face.

[size=12pt]hawaii is not always a lock for the democrats..... governor linda lingle was a republican and was even considered as a running mate for john mccain in 2008 before they picked sarah palin instead.....  but whether the planks come from democrats or republicans we seem to get that and a lot more in our faces from all of them no matter which way we vote..... i don;t know much about previous hawaiian politics or what went on here before i arrived..... but i know that average people in the state .. who do not own property.... suffered far more hardships under the last bush administration than they ever did under clinton.... that might one reason for the return to voting democrat after a brief chance they took with linda lingle..... 

but regardless of which party tries to crow about what neither party has an unbreakable grip.. or a lock on this state.... people here look more at the individual than they do at the party when it comes to election day...... right now duke aiona looks good to a lot of people and has a good chance of winning......

I don't know sis, but I've watched Hawaii for a long time and it has always put democrats in the US House and Senate. Based on what I've read, it seems Lingle was more of a slow pitch "reformer" that got the female vote. A state governor position is not really a litmus test for the heart of a state. See who they put in the house and the senate and vote for as president.

Hawaii has voted democrat over 85% of the time since their entrance into the US. All of their political positions are now democrat. And, to set the record straight, the mortgage/banking crisis was started by the Bill Clinton democrats and owned by the George Bush democrats. As much as they would like to deny it. It doesn't take a economics degree to see where the money came from and went to.

If the people vote in pre-born baby killing, illicit drug user enabling, homosexual superior rights supporters...then that is what they are going to get. And all the pain that goes with it. I feel sorry for you guys. Obama says you are "ohana".

aleshanee said:
Green Beret said:
I don't know sis, but I've watched Hawaii for a long time and it has always put democrats in the US House and Senate. Based on what I've read, it seems Lingle was more of a slow pitch "reformer" that got the female vote. A state governor position is not really a litmus test for the heart of a state. See who they put in the house and the senate and vote for as president.

Hawaii has voted democrat over 85% of the time since their entrance into the US. All of their political positions are now democrat. And, to set the record straight, the mortgage/banking crisis was started by the Bill Clinton democrats and owned by the George Bush democrats. As much as they would like to deny it. It doesn't take a economics degree to see where the money came from and went to.

If the people vote in pre-born baby killing, illicit drug user enabling, homosexual superior rights supporters...then that is what they are going to get. And all the pain that goes with it. I feel sorry for you guys. Obama says you are "ohana".

well obviously you haven;t watched hawaii that close or you would know what it is i'm talking about.....  :(.....you missed the whole point of this thread entirely.....and what i was trying to say.... ... my whole reason for starting this was to say that the current governor of hawaii.... who abused his power..... went against the electorate ...and used his office to push legislation through for a gay advocacy special interest group.....just lost his re-election bid because of it............. i didn;t vote for the guy........ but those who did... his own fellow democrats... just handed him his walking papers...... the same people obama calls "ohana".... just locked his favorite boy out of the house.... and a christian conservative republican is now in a very good position to take his place.........

and by the way.... when obama lived here as a teenager he went to the most exclusive and expensive private school in hawaii..... totally insulated and separated from the local people here who are known as hawaiis "ohana".... he knows nothing about what it;s like to be one of the non-privledged.... working class....  and to live here like the majority of us do  .... so i don;t know what he;s talking about or why people on the mainland would buy into it...... he calls the rest of you his subjects..... does that make it true?...... ??? ...

a few months ago i started a thread and posted about how i left my former church ... (where i had been for many years)...because it had decided to go along with the governor and fully embraced the gay agenda and announced they would begin performing gay weddings and providing services for them........... i thought people who read that thread and remembered it might also be interested in an update on what was happening now......and that;s why started this thread ....... and that;s all i had to say about it..............but i didn;t expect to get broad brushed along with the democrats ... or implicated with the party line voters in the state of hawaii who did vote the guy into office just because i also happen to live here and happen to love the place i call home......... . but whatever........ just forget i said anything at all............

Hey, Sis. I was off for a couple of days and just read your response. You are taking my observations the wrong way. I most certainly didn't mean to make it look like I was christundividng you (get it? broad brushing=christundivided? I know, its terrible. :) ).

I live in Florida and am constantly frustrated with the fact that the populated areas (Miami, Tampa, St. Pete, Orlando, Jax., etc.) vote stupid and throw the state into the democrud column many times.

What I was saying about the Hawaii election is that those who vote democrud always seem to be surprised when they get what they vote for. There were a few families in our church that voted for Obama and then came to me in private lamenting what was happening because he won. When I asked them how they could vote for a person, and party, that publicly stands against the principles of scripture they all said, without exception, that they were going to lose some form of government assistance/perk/freebie if they didn't.

That perspective is NEVER covered in the lame stream media. 

"... I most certainly didn't mean to make it look like I was christundividng you ..."

Completely inappropriate.

rsc2a said:
"... I most certainly didn't mean to make it look like I was christundividng you ..."

Really, squirrel? Why not use the whole quote?

"I most certainly didn't mean to make it look like I was christundividng you (get it? broad brushing=christundivided? I know, its terrible. :) )."

It is tongue in cheek as well as accurate in light of CU's M.O. in his last few weeks here. 

Green Beret said:
rsc2a said:

"I most certainly didn't mean to make it look like I was christundividng you (get it? broad brushing=christundivided? I know, its terrible. :) )."

It is tongue in cheek as well as accurate in light of CU's M.O. in his last few weeks here.

It's a derogatory personal attack against another person, one without any cause whatsoever and said where that person cannot even defend himself. In short, it's the exact opposite of what 1 Cor 13 is about.

rsc2a said:
Green Beret said:
rsc2a said:

It's a derogatory personal attack against another person, one without any cause whatsoever and said where that person cannot even defend himself. In short, it's the exact opposite of what 1 Cor 13 is about.

So making a sarcastic remark in jest about an anonymous poster who habitually broad brushed entire groups of believers on the FFF and then left it is the exact opposite of I Corinthians 13.

Got it.  ::)

Green Beret said:
rsc2a said:
Green Beret said:
rsc2a said:

So making a sarcastic remark in jest about an anonymous poster who habitually broad brushed entire groups of believers on the FFF and then left it is the exact opposite of I Corinthians 13.

Got it.  ::)

Don't argue with Green Beret, rsc2a. He's always right because:

(1) He served in the military and
(2) He's a True ChristianTM and thus without error in faith and praxis.

ddgently said:
Don't argue with Green Beret, rsc2a. He's always right because:

(1) He served in the military and

Hey, you left one out and didn't qualify the two you gave:

(1) He served in the military
Yes, I served in the U.S. Army. That helps me to address people who are educated beyond their intelligence and are deceived in thinking wrong is right. (for the uninitiated - reference: "What's your malfunction?").

Translation: I believe (a) There is an absolute truth that can be known to the extent God leads and guides (John 6:13) and (b) That truth will not contradict His Word (John 17:17, II Timothy 3:16, etc.). Which makes liberals squirm in seething hatred!

And the one you left out -
(3) Since I disagree with ddgently most of the time, that makes me right the vast majority of the time.  :)

aleshanee said:
your observations had nothing to do with the subject of this thread..... it wasn;t about democrat vrs republicans.... it was about an elected official who abused his power to have a bill approved that the voters had in hawaii had overwhelmingly voted against....... then lost his next election by landslide because of it........ and if you really knew as much about hawaiian political history as you claim... you would know that right after statehood a republican governor was ousted from office in a landslide vote for acting in the very same way.... he did what he thought was good for his friends, and himself, rather than adhere to the will of the people........ hawaii has been mostly democrat ever since because the older of generation of hawaiian voters who lived through that vowed they would never trust republicans again.... well now there is a new generation that is learning they can;t trust democrats either..... but don;t expect them to rebound back into voting republican again just because of it...... but rather take heart that people here are not afraid to hold public officials accountable...... regardless of the party they represent.....
My observations have everything to do with this thread and you are assuming too much. As Tomato posted in another thread:

The Rogue Tomato said:
It shouldn't be a surprise.  I have to go with Patton on this.

92cace37666cb4685bb5f0058a6d5e3c.jpg

It's not that Republicans are good.  They're just a notch above Democrats.  They both rank below pond scum.
I'm a Constitutionalist. Republicans are the closest match in national elections. The Democrats are what they are. The only type of democrat is a liberal democrat. Their national party platform affirms this.

Since you posted on this, I have read quite a bit about it. The Governor did nothing other than what he and his party wanted to do from the start. The question is, why are the people (who voted him in) mad about it now when it is the well known position of the political party? Just like abortion, stealing from people to give to other people who will vote for them and voting God out of their political platform (before putting it back without a 2/3 majority vote).

aleshanee said:
When it comes to honesty.. integrity and righteousness..... no political party has  any edge over the other one........ they both have their share of skunks and they both support various issues that either align with a few christian principles or go against them..... this is why voters in hawaii have long supported the idea of an initiative and referendum on hot issues...... an idea that both republicans and democrats have rejected in the past........ but neither party might be able to deny it much longer......... people here are fed up with both democrats and republicans...... because neither has been a friend to everyday working class people in this state for a long time.....
There are some honest statesmen. They are far apart and few between but there are some. Check out the Constitution party.

aleshanee said:
the church i formerly attended ... where i had been for many years ... and which not only embraced the governors pro gay agenda but also became the poster church for vacation same sex weddings...... was overwhelmingly republican at the time i attended it....... and to my knowledge they still are..... i was no doubt one of the poorer and lower class members of that church but some of the other members are listed in the fortune 500..... well when it came to opening the church chapel for gay weddings they saw a new fortune to be made and voted accordingly........ by contrast both the church i attend now and the catholic church i considered going back to have members that are mostly democrat... yet both churches stood against the governors new law and are refusing to perform gay weddings..... even to the point.. in my current church... of ceasing all commercial wedding activity and losing a large part of it;s former income source because of it.........
That is a sad state of affairs.

aleshanee said:
so .... no offense intended...... but please don;t sing songs to me about the virtues and righteousness of the republican party and how they are so much holier than the democrats..... both would sell us all down the river if it bought them another 4 years in office........but what happened last year is our current lame duck governor overestimated the voting power of the gay agenda advocates he decided to cater to.... he also overestimated the value of obamas endorsement...... hopefully the next governor... regardless of which party he is a member of ... will take notice and learn from it........
Again, I don't sing the praises of the Republican party. I am a Constitutionalist. At times, I have to hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two "evils" but I continually work for more than a two party system.

I point out the 100% total depravity of the democruds and try my best to be salt and light to anyone who says they follow Christ but vote for them. 95% of the time, Christians vote for a democrud when they think they will benefit personally from it. If that type of thinking doesn't come to an end soon, we will cease to exist as a free nation.

aleshanee said:
i get it....... you hate democrats and you hate hawaii because the majority of it;s citizens vote democrat in most elections....... but i think you are making a very big mistake ........

Inouye scores 98% by NARAL on pro-choice voting record.

Crud.

aleshanee said:
Green Beret said:

well obviously you haven;t watched hawaii that close or you would know what it is i'm talking about.....  :(.....you missed the whole point of this thread entirely.....and what i was trying to say.... ... my whole reason for starting this was to say that the current governor of hawaii.... who abused his power..... went against the electorate ...and used his office to push legislation through for a gay advocacy special interest group.....just lost his re-election bid because of it............. i didn;t vote for the guy........ but those who did... his own fellow democrats... just handed him his walking papers...... the same people obama calls "ohana".... just locked his favorite boy out of the house.... and a christian conservative republican is now in a very good position to take his place.........

and by the way.... when obama lived here as a teenager he went to the most exclusive and expensive private school in hawaii..... totally insulated and separated from the local people here who are known as hawaiis "ohana".... he knows nothing about what it;s like to be one of the non-privledged.... working class....  and to live here like the majority of us do  .... so i don;t know what he;s talking about or why people on the mainland would buy into it...... he calls the rest of you his subjects..... does that make it true?...... ??? ...

a few months ago i started a thread and posted about how i left my former church ... (where i had been for many years)...because it had decided to go along with the governor and fully embraced the gay agenda and announced they would begin performing gay weddings and providing services for them........... i thought people who read that thread and remembered it might also be interested in an update on what was happening now......and that;s why started this thread ....... and that;s all i had to say about it..............but i didn;t expect to get broad brushed along with the democrats ... or implicated with the party line voters in the state of hawaii who did vote the guy into office just because i also happen to live here and happen to love the place i call home......... . but whatever........ just forget i said anything at all............

Thanks for telling your story from a viewpoint most of us would never see.

aleshanee said:
i get it....... you hate democrats and you hate hawaii because the majority of it;s citizens vote democrat in most elections....... but i think you are making a very big mistake .......

Where have I said that I hate these people? Making such emotional assertions weakens your entire statement and seems foolish - not to mention offensive. Now, to be clear, while I do not hate the people, I do hate the "platform" of the political party (that's why I say "democruds" instead of the democrats). 

aleshanee said:
[size=12pt] one of the reasons hawaii voted predominantly democrat for the last several decades is a man that you should at least have some respect for even you don;t agree with his politics...... senator daniel inouye was a decorated combat veteran of world war war 2 who... before you were probably even born....  won the medal of honor for taking a german position after having one arm shot off ... then picking up his rifle with his other hand .... tucking it under his remaining arm... and charging that enemy position firing his rifle with one hand...... he was part of the 442nd ... made up japanese americans who chose to fight for their new country...america ... even though their native country had gone to war with us.... and in some cases even though their own relatives were even held in detention camps in the united states during the war..............one would be hopeful that a man like yourself.... who takes pride in his own patriotism and military achievements.... might at least leave a fellow soldier and serviceman like daniel inouye out of your "100% total depravity" estimation for all "democruds"...... if he was depraved then you owe a part of your freedom to a man of depravity in no less a way than you modern military veterans like to claim we all owe our freedom to you.....  ......just something to think about.....

I know Sen. Inouye's record and the history of the 442nd very well. I respect his service but not his politics or who he had allowed himself to become.

Showing valor in combat is not indicative of moral purity or cause. In other words, a man's heroic actions on the battlefield does not give him a "pass" for the rest of his life. For historical reference I offer Benedict Arnold, Smedley Butler and John Kerry as examples. We "owe" them a debt of gratitude and respect for their service since they are all highly decorated but we don't have to respect who they became.

It seems that you keep trying to make this about the ethnicity of people. I'm trying to point out its about the principles of the political parties for which they vote.  It frustrates me when people vote democrud and then complain when they get the exactly what that party's platform said they were going to deliver. I have that frustration living in Florida, a state that votes mainly for the democruds. The answer to the question "why?" is the point of my posts. I keep hoping you will see that.

aleshanee said:
... but you had to sidetrack it and make it your own personal political campaign and besmear the entire state and everyone living in it just because the majority of the population here happens to be democrats.....

You are wrong and lashing out won't change that. Re-read my posts. 

aleshanee said:
[size=12pt]your obsession with hating your "democruds" is so intense you couldn;t even see the bright side of what i was saying here..... that because of this issue a conservative christian now has a very good chance to win election here........and that is all i was trying to say......... 

Maybe, to make it clear to you and others who may not clearly understand my position, I should start saying the Democrud Party.

And yes, I do hate their platform because it contains and promotes pure EVIL. They declare evil is good and good is evil. They promote and take pride in the filth that is the LBGT movement and the slaughtering of the unborn innocents by the millions. Yes it is evil and it causes me to be angry. I admit it. I just try to be angry and sin not.

Again I state, it was not my intention to offend you. It was not my intention to rob you of your joy in a small victory that may bring hope of a future larger one. It was not even to high-jack the thread. It was to voice my frustration at how the state I live in and the state you live in have the same "idiot-syncrasies".

Peace.

Inouye was corrupt through and through with his political issues. There is not a redeeming factor in his political issues.