A KJVO Celebration of Easter

A

admin

Yes. The KJV has replaced Christ.

8e8erabu.jpg

I've often said that since KJV-onlyism has a different object of worship, ergo it's a different religion.

Don't forget my heresy....Christ is The Book.

Anishinaabe

I'll find out in a few hours how they do it.

My little church that I've been a member of for years has been taken over by Ruckmanism. My attendance has been spotty for a few months and a new preacher got voted in. He seemed good at first but soon his Rucky ways popped up and more Ruckmanites began attending.

Since quite a few family members will be there for Easter service I'll be going. But I dont think I'll be attending while this man is the preacher. On Sunday he keeps the diatribe to a minimum but last Wednesday he threw an NIV down the isle and said he better not catch anyone with one in "his" church. That was the last straw.

And I'm bbbbbbaaaaaaaaacccccccckkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

8)

Why am I reset as a newbie??????

admin said:
prophet said:
Don't forget my heresy....Christ is The Book.

Anishinaabe

So, does the graphic represent your thinking as well? Or does it repulse you?
I believe that the Word of God was crucified.

To say that He was only the English Bible, is ludicrous.

Anishinaabe

admin said:
prophet said:
To say that He was only the English Bible, is ludicrous.

Anishinaabe

Isn't it ludicrous to say that He was the English Bible, in any sense of the phrase?
If 'A' = 'B' , and 'B' = 'C' , then 'A' = 'C'.
This doesn't seem ludicrous.
The Word is the Word, in any language.

Jn 1:14
14 Y aquel Verbo fué hecho carne, y habitó entre nosotros (y vimos su gloria, gloria como del unigénito del Padre), lleno de gracia y de verdad.
(RV09)

14 Et la Parole a été faite chair, elle a habité parmi nous, et nous avons contemplé sa gloire, [qui a été] une gloire, comme la gloire du Fils unique du Père, pleine de grâce et de vérité.
(FrenMartin1744)

14 And the word was maad man, and dwellyde among vs, and we han seyn the glorie of hym, as the glorie of the oon bigetun sone of the fadir, ful of grace and of treuthe.
(WYC)

14 And the worde was made flesshe and dwelt amonge vs and we sawe the glory of it as the glory of the only begotten sonne of ye father which worde was full of grace and verite.
(TyndaleBible)

Anishinaabe

admin said:
John 1 Word does not equal any Bible

Jesus > the English Bible
Jesus > than any Bible

Jesus = God
The Word is God. 
It ain't Rocket Science.
Jesus is the Word.

Anishinaabe

Hmmmmm........

Gen 1 - In the beginning, God...

John 1 - In the beginning was the Word...

To deny one is to deny the other.  This does not mean that there is only one translation for the entire world.  This means that the Bible is exactly what it claims to be.

To the OP - The picture is doctrinally incorrect because it leaves out that the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.  Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins.  Had a book been crucified, we would still be hell bound.  Ruckmanism has several fatal flaws.

admin said:
When mixing the analogy, the created gets the same standing as the Creator. It is classic idolatry.

Do you agree with this Ruckman illustration?
The Word isnt created.

The Word is the Creator.

Please don't exclude me on heretic burning day.

I'm just re-upping my membership, in case I had let it slide.

Anishinaabe

admin said:
It appears the KJVO like to quote John 1, but do not understand it.
Apparently.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
admin said:
When mixing the analogy, the created gets the same standing as the Creator. It is classic idolatry.

Do you agree with this Ruckman illustration?
The Word isnt created.

The Word is the Creator.

Please don't exclude me on heretic burning day.

I'm just re-upping my membership, in case I had let it slide.

Anishinaabe

The "Word" is the character of God. Or Jesus is contradicting Himself:

The words that you're hearing me say are not mine, but come from the Father ... And the word which you have heard, is not mine; but the Father's who sent me.

So when "the word became flesh", it simply parallel to the idea "the promise of God became a reality".

Word of God in Jn 1 means a host of things such as Jesus as fullest the revelation of God (good sense of the meaning λογος).  I think the concept of OT is there as well.  What I mean is that the OT expectations are embodied in Jesus.  He fulfills the Law and the Prophets.  But even this would still refer to the first sense in that the OT is the revelation of God to which Jesus is embodying. 

admin said:
Timotheos said:
Word of God in Jn 1 means a host of things such as Jesus as fullest the revelation of God (good sense of the meaning λογος).  I think the concept of OT is there as well.  What I mean is that the OT expectations are embodied in Jesus.  He fulfills the Law and the Prophets.  But even this would still refer to the first sense in that the OT is the revelation of God to which Jesus is embodying.

Great post! You must be familiar with Kostenburg! :D
I call him Frostyburger... but never to his face.  He is a man that commands respect.

admin said:
Lol! I see that you avoided including in the meaning of Logos, "English Bible." Was that intentional?
Oops... my mistake.  ;)

Is this log, a logos?
Is it a written record?

1Jo 5:7
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:and these three are one.

What about this?

Psa 119:89
LAMED
89 For ever, O Lord,
thy word is settled in heaven.

Is this the record?

Anishinaabe

admin said:
prophet said:
Is it a written record?

Words don't...

... bleed
... take our punishment
... provide atonement
... mitigate the wrath of God

So, Nope. Jesus is NOT a written record. He is LOGOS.
Does Jesus bear record in Heaven?

Anishinaabe

admin said:
prophet said:
Does Jesus bear record in Heaven?

Anishinaabe

He testifies. No written words. The word means verbal testimony.

Why defend this blasphemy of trading Jesus with a KJV?
'Record' means write in a log book, doesn't it?

Anishinaabe