A KJVO Celebration of Easter

1Jo 5:7
7 For thre ben, that yyuen witnessing in heuene, the Fadir, the Sone, and the Hooli Goost; and these thre ben oon.
(WYC)

1Jo 5:7
7 (For ther are thre which beare recorde in heuen the father the worde and the wholy goost. And these thre are one)
(TyndaleBible)

Just a reminder, that one of these was translated from the Vulgate.

Ain't I a lot of fun?

Anishinaabe

admin said:
prophet said:
(WYC)
(TyndaleBible)

They mean the same thing. The fact that you see a difference means that you do not understand "bear record."

Hint: it doesn't mean you shot the largest Kodiak bear this spring. Just in case you want to change up and go there ;)

Does it have to do with listening to old vinyls?

The Rogue Tomato said:
prophet said:
Does Jesus bear record in Heaven?

Anishinaabe

I don't know.  I never heard of the band "Jesus bear".
They are a Christian Native Band, that records in Heaven, MN.

Anishinaabe

admin said:
You are a trippin'!

It is always a pleasure to watch the KJVO get called for actual blasphemy while their wild-haired cadre of minions throw confetti.
You started this thread, cuz you wanted to dance.  I felt sorry for you, so I showed up.
Now ya happy?

Next.

Anishinaabe

admin said:
I started the thread so that we could give the KJVO an opportunity to respond:

1) in favor of KJV idolatry
2) reject Ruckman ' s illustration (I never saw a KJVO reject it)

You danced. KJVOs defend the idolatry.

Iffin' I were a bettin' ma, I'd bet that they won't a'cause they cain't

admin said:
I started the thread so that we could give the KJVO an opportunity to respond:

1) in favor of KJV idolatry
2) reject Ruckman ' s illustration (I never saw a KJVO reject it)

You danced. KJVOs defend the idolatry.

ummm.....

I rejected it.  Remember?

The OP was a box with a sign on it that said, "step into your new home, and own it."

What ever kinda dumb ass that would accept those parameters, in any situation, would be a moron incapable of proving your point.

Good luck, hoping a fish will grab the hook, and tug three times, to let you know when to reel him in.

Ask the right question, I'll give you your heretic.

Play a Club song, and I'll dance.

Anishinaabe

admin said:
Binaca.... sorry.  I didn't remember that post.

I fixed the name for you.  Sorry you missed all the Binaca binging from the glory days at HAC.  I don't remember much, but it sure was fun  :eek:.

Oh, and I have become accustomed to your selective memory - it aids you greatly in debate.  ;)

admin said:
Prophet: I haven't seen how this is a "new home" to you.

Bianaca.... sorry.  I didn't remember that post.
LOL, yeah....now back to the regularly scheduled program.

Anishinaabe

admin said:
Binaca Chugger said:
I fixed the name for you.  Sorry you missed all the Binaca binging from the glory days at HAC.

I never went to HAC. So I knew nothing of the alcohol coverup.

I only went to one Sword conference in 1983 (indianapolis) when I was 17. I ran around town with a friend and missed most of the conference. I was very tangentially connected to that variety of IFBism.

My wife and I went to Midwestern to see if she should finish her degree. We shook our heads after our first interview.

Now, I just feel sorry for you.  At least we have get to poke fun at our heritage and have all this repressed anger and frustration that we are venting as we waste our time here.  But you.......?  Just wasting time?

I chugged my fair share of Binaca as a kid - had no idea why it burned so bad!

Too bad you missed the real fundamentalism at HAC.  You can only be a wannabe.  ;)

I never worshiped a particular version, and I don't think most folks there did.  We weren't Ruckmanites.  There was the occasional nut and the leadership started screaming weird things.  I think most of us simply recognized what we believed to be an accurate translation and needed no other.

To go back to the interlude of insanity concerning the meaning of the word Logos, it is a Greek word that is a metaphysical term in this case that is more akin to what Tim was stating.  Anyone with a basic understanding of Greek history or philosophy knows that John is not saying that written scripture is God.  There are many types of Christological heresies, but this is a new one for me! 

Marcus Constantine said:
To go back to the interlude of insanity concerning the meaning of the word Logos, it is a Greek word that is a metaphysical term in this case that is more akin to what Tim was stating.  Anyone with a basic understanding of Greek history or philosophy knows that John is not saying that written scripture is God.  There are many types of Christological heresies, but this is a new one for me!
The concept isn't that hard.
God's words are God, however manifested.  They are Him.
The paper isn't Him.
The ink isn't Him.

But to say the words are only words, is a travesty.

Jn 6:63
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jn 8:31
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Jn 8:43
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Jn 8:47
47 He that is of God heareth God's words:ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Jn 11:25-26
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life:he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

If you don't see that Jesus makes no difference between Himself and His Words, than you and I are not of the same fold.

I am your heretic....let me know where to show up, for my BBQ.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:

No, in fact, they aren't.

That is effectively no different from pantheism.

Ransom said:
prophet said:

No, in fact, they aren't.

That is effectively no different from pantheism.
So what, He speaks and the Words are like human's words, they are gone when the soundwaves spread too much for the eardrum to translate?

Every Word He speaks is His Breath, His Spirit, they are Life, they are Eternal, they pre-existed Time, they have all power in Heaven and in Earth.  They are Him.

Pan Theism is right, when it acknowledges that God is in everything. It is wrong when that 'everything' is equated to Him.
That 'everything' is His creation.

His Word isn't His creation.

This is my faith, I will not budge.

Anishinaabe

[quote author=prophet] Every Word He speaks is His Breath, His Spirit[/quote]

And given your other belief where Jesus = Word, you have added modalism to the list of errors.

admin said:
Yeah... what is worse? Bible believer's abuse of Scripture or prophet's. They look pretty much the same to me.
Check under your bed, I might be there.

Anishinaabe

rsc2a said:
[quote author=prophet] Every Word He speaks is His Breath, His Spirit

And given your other belief where Jesus = Word, you have added modalism to the list of errors.
[/quote]May as well call me a oneness Pentecostal, too, while you're doing Satan's job for him.
In fact, call the Geneva Council, and tell em Servetus is in town.

Modalist....

What does that have to do with anything, besides a debate on Trinitarian vs. Unitarian?

Jesus is The Word of God.

Anishinaabe