A KJVO method of interpretation...

bibleprotector said:
I really wonder why you would make such a comment.

Because we are already on Day Two of this same thread and 20 posts in WITHOUT a simple answer. I would have no qualms (whether you were ready or not) to explain my method.

FSSL said:
bibleprotector said:
I really wonder why you would make such a comment.

Because we are already on Day Two of this same thread and 20 posts in WITHOUT a simple answer. I would have no qualms (whether you were ready or not) to explain my method.

I am sure your method is the modernistic approach, but you can discuss that if you like.

As for my "simple" answer, I would say that I believe the Scripture and the Holy Ghost. A lot of my recent youtube videos explain things, so I am not sure why you are demanding an answer here, when you could look at them in the first instance.

I have no qualms, but I would point out that it would be improper to throw this presumptive label of "KJVO". Yes, I use the King James Bible only, but that's not the central limiting thing that defines my view/approach.

I am always traveling, so videos do not work for me. What is your approach. I will give you my approach, step-by-step if you answer the question. Now we are on post 22!

bibleprotector said:
FSSL said:
What does sermon/lesson prep look like for a KJVO? I am interested in what method you use.

You need to clarify the question, because broadly you are encompassing pedagogy with interpretative methodology. Also, you are not taking into account the obvious diversity within Protestantism.

So you are going to hide behind KJVO "diversity" while insisting that all "modernists" (note you still haven't given Ransom your definition) are the same and come to the same conclusions.

FSSL said:
I am always traveling, so videos do not work for me. What is your approach. I will give you my approach, step-by-step if you answer the question. Now we are on post 22!

If videos don't work, how are written documents going to work?

bibleprotector said:
FSSL said:

If videos don't work, how are written documents going to work?

One word: bandwidth.

subllibrm said:
So you are going to hide behind KJVO "diversity"

You seem to misread. I am ensuring that I am not lumped in with those who teach that Paul's Gospel was different, etc.

subllibrm said:
while insisting that all "modernists" (note you still haven't given Ransom your definition) are the same and come to the same conclusions.

No, I don't insist that, I just note a correlative trend among a certain group of people (whose views on various doctrines may differ quite widely).

As for the definition of modernism, I have already pointed to the initial or basic coverage of it on my youtube videos.

Since a post probably equals 200 bytes I think I will manage.

bp, is mobile internet bandwidth free or low cost where you live?

rsc2a said:

If videos are a problem, there is also pre-existing (to our discussions) written material by me which covers all these topics and subjects.

Or you could answer a simple question.

You really don't have to amuse us Bibleprotector... 4 pages in and 32 posts later with non answers is our answer.

Anyone who cannot (or will not) explain their view on a method of interpretation in a single post really has no method.

It's not rocket science. In fact, if there was an honest attempt at discussion, we would not be on page 4 with the same question lingering.

bibleprotector said:
I am sure your method is the modernistic approach, but you can discuss that if you like.

He asked to discuss yours. Unfortunately, you continue to stall.

FSSL said:
Anyone who cannot (or will not) explain their view on a method of interpretation in a single post really has no method.

It's not rocket science. In fact, if there was an honest attempt at discussion, we would not be on page 4 with the same question lingering.

If you want to know my approach and methods, I can direct you to extensive written materials on the very subject on my website.

I will accept your excuse not to look at my videos, but if you are asking a serious question, I can give you a serious answer.

bibleprotector said:
If you want to know my approach and methods, I can direct you to extensive written materials on the very subject on my website.

The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone? Ecclesiastes

People hide their beliefs with many words. If you cannot express your approach concisely and cogently, you have no method.

FSSL said:
People hide their beliefs with many words. If you cannot express your approach concisely and cogently, you have no method.

You mean, I don't have a modernistic method like yours.

Yes, I know you will laugh at my simple faith approach, my believing the Scriptures themselves, my reliance on the Spirit of God... yes, I know you will laud your careful principles of hermeneutics, leavened as they are with unbelief which comes all the way from Rationalism. I have studied and written against your sides erroneous approach. And yet you have the temerity to say that because I ask you to clarify exactly your questions, I somehow am fudging, clouding or otherwise behaving ... as I said, I have stated information on my youtube videos and on my website.

My approach is two-fold, in the sense that there is a distinction between what might be termed academic study, and then what might be termed sermonising. This is like the difference between preaching and teaching.

bibleprotector said:
Yes, I know you will laugh at my simple faith approach....

No. But we are getting a chuckle at how difficult this question is for you to answer.

You are quick to judge "our" method by a thread. Yet you cannot even write a single post outlining what your academic and sermonizing method involves.

The idea that we have to sift through a pile of information on your site is laughable.

Why can't you give a concise post? If you can't boil your method down to a single post, then you have no method.

Erect a strawman and burn it but don't let anyone look behind the curtain called Bibleprotector.

FSSL said:
bibleprotector said:
Yes, I know you will laugh at my simple faith approach....

No. But we are getting a chuckle at how difficult this question is for you to answer.

You are quick to judge "our" method by a thread. Yet you cannot even write a single post outlining what that academic and sermonizing method involves.

The idea that we have to sift through a pile of information on your site is laughable.

Why can't you give a concise post? If you can't boil your method down to a single post, then you have no method.

Erect a strawman and burn it but don't let anyone look behind the curtain called Bibleprotector.

Bp provides great comedy.
Great Ad Hominem because his arguments are vacuously weak.

bibleprotector said:
rsc2a said:

If videos are a problem, there is also pre-existing (to our discussions) written material by me which covers all these topics and subjects.

So cut and paste an answer from there. By now you must have realized that we aren't going to go there and boost your click count.