Advice Requested

[post deleted by admin]

If you are here to be nasty, trolling an individual, your days are numbered. Admin

Ransom said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Doesn't that depend on how you view marriage?

Which one of us views marriage as a temporary contract?

No, it depends on how you incorrectly view school.

Actually I hold the view of marriage as a waste of time and one that is structured by this Judeo-Christian society but that will lead into a whole other conversation.

sword said:
Jo said:
Why not get married and attend a nearby community college?  Aside from divorce, there is always a risk of being disabled at some point. Getting an accredited degree or having a good career can help with financial stability and keep a roof over one's head. (Written by a 60 year old disabled woman who graduated from an unaccredited Bible college in her 20s).
Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
Perhaps this young lady had no intention of earning a degree. Perhaps she wanted to be in the ministry and her intent was to attend Christian College with the sole purpose of finding as spouse.

Though anecdotal, I can quickly name several dozen girls who chose to attend various Christian Colleges with the sole purpose of meeting a, ?like minded?, Christian with the goal of one day marrying.

Right. I know of this tendency - it was even advocated for guys ("get a secular degree, and then attend a year of Bible college to find a wife").

I don't believe that she was doing this (based on her plan), but I have been and can be fooled.

Bible Kawlage is really of no use, especially if it is unaccredited.  She can always continue her edukation after marriage, but it rarely happens.

Ransom said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Actually I hold the view of marriage as a waste of time
Sort of like your line of questioning, then.
Since the family and the home, centered on a marriage between one man and one woman is one of Gods most important institutions, you seem to be in opposition with Gods plan for humanity. Long before there was a church or civil government God instituted the home. It is the foundation on which a moral society is built.