Ahh... refreshing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
Finally... No nudity or bad language... Ahh... Enjoy the fresh breeze while it lasts!

e232fc6f0ff68d8680a1f81c15cced2e.jpg

To that, one can only say  @#(*)&#@*%&)(@#%!!

8)

FSSL said:
Finally... No nudity or bad language... Ahh... Enjoy the fresh breeze while it lasts!

e232fc6f0ff68d8680a1f81c15cced2e.jpg

So, were they temporarily banned, permanently banished or did they voluntarily take a sabbatical?

:)

He hasn't been banned nor did he ask his account to be deleted.

i have been against vulgarity - inappropriate language and profanity from the start here.... and also against inappropriate ... suggestive... and off color humor. ... and while i agree it is refreshing to see less of the nudity and profanity on the forum...... i must never the less ask if other inappropriate posts on the form of suggestive humor and off color jokes will be continue to be tolerated.......

the link below leads to a post which was the reason i stopped my participation in the random thoughts thread..... ... i know i have been ridiculed and called everything from a prude to a forum scold for objecting to things like this before... ... ...... but is it really necessary to entertain ourselves with this kind of humor?...... ??? .... ......most of the people i know would not fit in on a fundamentalist christian forum and yet even they would find jokes of this nature to be vulgar and even repulsive...... stuff straight from the typical junior high boys locker room ......... ..... is it acceptable on a christian forum?..... ???

http://www.fundamentalforums.org/the-fighting-forum/random-thoughts-thread/msg136023/#msg136023

and by the way..... i am not trying to offend anyone by bringing this up now....... i didn;t report it when it first happened because so much of it was going on in the forum back then that i had already given up on saying anything about it..... ...... but it would be nice to take part in a forum free from the smell of a boys locker room..... or their dirty laundry bin..... .....

aleshanee said:
... is it acceptable on a christian forum?..... ???
http://www.fundamentalforums.org/the-fighting-forum/random-thoughts-thread/msg136023/#msg136023

I don't see any offensive meaning in that post. What are you seeing that we are missing?

FSSL said:
aleshanee said:
... is it acceptable on a christian forum?..... ???

I don't see any offensive meaning in that post. What are you seeing that we are missing?

Perhaps the entire thread was meant, and not that post.  There were some rather indelicate posts...

then maybe you can explain.... in detail..... what it is that makes it funny........ .... what is "running" that is being mistaken for a nose?....... .....

once again you prove it;s not decency you are concerned about....... but rather what makes you personally uncomfortable ...and who your friends happen to be at any given moment.... ... ......... ......... why am i not surprised by this?.....

I checked that particular thread and it seems to be loaded with double entendre in several of the posts.

I normally ignore that type of thing and take the meaning to be non sexually vulgar.

I do not normally read these threads so I have never seen that before.

I think I can see what is being objected to in that thread.

Discussing it is uncomfortable for me.

bgwilkinson said:
I checked that particular thread and it seems to be loaded with double entendre in several of the posts.

I normally ignore that type of thing and take the meaning to be non sexually vulgar.

I do not normally read these threads so I have never seen that before.

I think I can see what is being objected to in that thread.

Discussing it is uncomfortable for me.

true... there are several other posts in that thread which also could have been reported.... and i don;t rmember but i think they might have been reported at the time they were made....... but like i said i gave up on it after a while....... for the same reason evident in admins reply to me in this thread.........

aleshanee said:
then maybe you can explain.... in detail..... what it is that makes it funny........ .... what is "running" that is being mistaken for a nose?....... .....

once again you prove it;s not decency you are concerned about....... but rather what makes you personally uncomfortable ...and who your friends happen to be at any given moment.... ... ......... ......... why am i not surprised by this?.....

No matter how hard I think about it, I am definitely not getting any indecent ideas out of his post. You imagine what is not there.

aleshanee said:
... for the same reason evident in admins reply to me in this thread.........

Since no other posts have not been reported and I have not had time to go over that thread (preparing for Wednesday night services), perhaps some of you could be a bit more helpful than just imagining the admins are careless and inconsistent.

If you see something, say something.

Until now, all I see is a post that meant nothing offensive.

aleshanee said:

Feet.

Usually feet do the running and the nose does the smelling. However, if you're built upside down, you're nose would run, like when you have the flu and your feet would smell, as in not having been washed for a week or so.

See, if you think it through, it's really not offensive at all.

FSSL said:
aleshanee said:

No matter how hard I think about it, I am definitely not getting any indecent ideas out of his post. You imagine what is not there.

when i first heard that joke... in a public junior high.... it was considered very nasty...... ..... and if my friends who went to catholic school told it they would have had the nuns rulers cracking knuckles on both their hands......... all you are doing here.... telling me i;m imagining things.... is proving to me what i have suspected about you for a long time...... you are a total slime ball.... ...... i am not imagining anything...... .... you are playing dirty and disingenuous games to pretend you can;t see what;s wrong with a type of toilet humor a group of other baptist men have decided to amuse themselves with. ..........

well this forum is your personal dog and pony show, isn;t it?....... enjoy yourselves.......

HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:

Feet.

Usually feet do the running and the nose does the smelling. However, if you're built upside down, you're nose would run, like when you have the flu and your feet would smell, as in not having been washed for a week or so.

acting coy and disingenuous is something i came to expect of alayman....... but even he didn;t do it on something as obviously filthy as this......... your ability at performing mental gymnastics is not that good or that convincing either...... ....but if you can seriously think that through and live with yourself telling in mixed company... then whatever.... i guess you can join admins dog and pony show as one of his new good buddies ... like tomato...rsc2a... and recovering ifb use to be......... that is until he gets tired of you too and decides to swing the moderation pendulum the other way......

and by the way..... the first time i heard that... the question was worded differently....... instead of saying "if your hands smell".... it said "if your hands stink"..... and the word "drips" was where you placed the word "runs" in your version of it........ but anyone not brainwashed into believing fundamental baptist double speak will know exactly what that joke is saying....... ......... everyone of you defending that kind of garbage should be ashamed of yourselves.........

aleshanee said:
HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:

Feet.

acting coy and disingenuous is something i came to expect of alayman....... but even he didn;t do it on something as obviously filthy as this......... your ability at performing mental gymnastics is not that good or that convincing either...... ....but if you can seriously think that through and live with yourself telling in mixed company... then whatever.... i guess you can join admins dog and pony show as one of his new good buddies ... like tomato...rsc2a... and recovering ifb use to be......... that is until he gets tired of you too and decides to swing the moderation pendulum the other way......

::)

Wow, just wow. Filthy? Mental gymnastics?

I've told that joke in "mixed company" dozens of times, and no one has ever come close to calling it filthy or anything along those lines. Yeah, people have rolled their eyes and/or called it lame, but filthy? Nope, you're the first.

I don't suppose you'd like to share your reasoning as to why you think it's filthy, would you?

HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:
HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:

Feet.

I've told that joke in "mixed company" dozens of times, and no one has ever come close to calling it filthy or anything along those lines. Yeah, people have rolled their eyes and/or called it lame, but filthy? Nope, you're the first.

I don't suppose you'd like to share your reasoning as to why you think it filthy, would you?

the first time i heard that joke... the question was worded differently....... instead of saying "if your hands smell".... it said "if your hands stink"..... and the word "drips" was where you placed the word "runs" in your version of it........ but anyone not brainwashed into believing fundamental baptist double speak will know exactly what that joke is saying....... ......... everyone of you spreading and defending that kind of garbage should be ashamed of yourselves.........

aleshanee said:
HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:
HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:

Feet.

I don't suppose you'd like to share your reasoning as to why you think it filthy, would you?

the first time i heard that joke... the question was worded differently....... instead of saying "if your hands smell".... it said "if your hands stink"..... and the word "drips" was where you placed the word "runs" in your version of it........ but anyone not brainwashed into believing fundamental baptist double speak will know exactly what that joke is saying....... ......... everyone of you spreading and defending that kind of garbage should be ashamed of yourselves.........

Well, I was never a fundamental Baptist, so I don't know anything about the doublespeak you mentioned. All I can say is that the version of the joke I told is the only version I've ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.