Status
Not open for further replies.
HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:
HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:
HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:
then maybe you can explain.... in detail..... what it is that makes it funny........ .... what is "running" that is being mistaken for a nose?....... .....

once again you prove it;s not decency you are concerned about....... but rather what makes you personally uncomfortable ...and who your friends happen to be at any given moment.... ... ......... ......... why am i not surprised by this?.....

Feet.

Usually feet do the running and the nose does the smelling. However, if you're built upside down, you're nose would run, like when you have the flu and your feet would smell, as in not having been washed for a week or so.

See, if you think it through, it's really not offensive at all.

:)

acting coy and disingenuous is something i came to expect of alayman....... but even he didn;t do it on something as obviously filthy as this......... your ability at performing mental gymnastics is not that good or that convincing either...... ....but if you can seriously think that through and live with yourself telling in mixed company... then whatever.... i guess you can join admins dog and pony show as one of his new good buddies ... like tomato...rsc2a... and recovering ifb use to be......... that is until he gets tired of you too and decides to swing the moderation pendulum the other way......

::)

Wow, just wow. Filthy? Mental gymnastics?

I've told that joke in "mixed company" dozens of times, and no one has ever come close to calling it filthy or anything along those lines. Yeah, people have rolled their eyes and/or called it lame, but filthy? Nope, you're the first.

I don't suppose you'd like to share your reasoning as to why you think it filthy, would you?

the first time i heard that joke... the question was worded differently....... instead of saying "if your hands smell".... it said "if your hands stink"..... and the word "drips" was where you placed the word "runs" in your version of it........ but anyone not brainwashed into believing fundamental baptist double speak will know exactly what that joke is saying....... ......... everyone of you spreading and defending that kind of garbage should be ashamed of yourselves.........

Well, I was never a fundamental Baptist, so I don't know anything about the doublespeak you mentioned. All I can say is that the version of the joke I told is the only version I've ever heard.

go back to all the people you told that to over the years .... specifically the ones who said it was lame..... and ask them what their interpretation of that joke is......... you might be very shocked and surprised at what you hear...... ....

aleshanee said:
HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:
HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:
HeDied4U said:
aleshanee said:
then maybe you can explain.... in detail..... what it is that makes it funny........ .... what is "running" that is being mistaken for a nose?....... .....

once again you prove it;s not decency you are concerned about....... but rather what makes you personally uncomfortable ...and who your friends happen to be at any given moment.... ... ......... ......... why am i not surprised by this?.....

Feet.

Usually feet do the running and the nose does the smelling. However, if you're built upside down, you're nose would run, like when you have the flu and your feet would smell, as in not having been washed for a week or so.

See, if you think it through, it's really not offensive at all.

:)

acting coy and disingenuous is something i came to expect of alayman....... but even he didn;t do it on something as obviously filthy as this......... your ability at performing mental gymnastics is not that good or that convincing either...... ....but if you can seriously think that through and live with yourself telling in mixed company... then whatever.... i guess you can join admins dog and pony show as one of his new good buddies ... like tomato...rsc2a... and recovering ifb use to be......... that is until he gets tired of you too and decides to swing the moderation pendulum the other way......

::)

Wow, just wow. Filthy? Mental gymnastics?

I've told that joke in "mixed company" dozens of times, and no one has ever come close to calling it filthy or anything along those lines. Yeah, people have rolled their eyes and/or called it lame, but filthy? Nope, you're the first.

I don't suppose you'd like to share your reasoning as to why you think it filthy, would you?

the first time i heard that joke... the question was worded differently....... instead of saying "if your hands smell".... it said "if your hands stink"..... and the word "drips" was where you placed the word "runs" in your version of it........ but anyone not brainwashed into believing fundamental baptist double speak will know exactly what that joke is saying....... ......... everyone of you spreading and defending that kind of garbage should be ashamed of yourselves.........

Well, I was never a fundamental Baptist, so I don't know anything about the doublespeak you mentioned. All I can say is that the version of the joke I told is the only version I've ever heard.

go back to all the people you told that to over the years .... specifically the ones who said it was lame..... and ask them what their interpretation of that joke is......... you might be very shocked and surprised at what you hear...... ....

Perhaps I would be shocked and surprised. Perhaps I'd hear interpretations that are different than both of ours. Perhaps, in light of the revelation that the joke is somehow "filthy," I'll never tell it again. On that one, only time will tell.

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess humor is in the ear of the hearer.

aleshanee said:
the first time i heard that joke... the question was worded differently....... instead of saying "if your hands smell".... it said "if your hands stink"..... and the word "drips" was where you placed the word "runs" in your version of it........

Put another way: you take offense because if the joke was something other than what it was, it would be offensive.

Sorry. I don't see that intent there, and I find your reaction to it a tad excessive. The joke about noses running and feet smelling is as old as dirt, and it's never been anything more than a harmless play on words. Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways? Same kind of wordplay.

aleshanee said:
sorry....... but i refuse to believe you are that dumb.......

Well, I guess you'll have to. Not even the "hints" you gave are enough for me to piece together what the supposed dirty version of the joke is supposed to be.

Ransom said:
aleshanee said:
sorry....... but i refuse to believe you are that dumb.......

Well, I guess you'll have to. Not even the "hints" you gave are enough for me to piece together what the supposed dirty version of the joke is supposed to be.

ok..... if you say so....... but just so you know.... i did not come up with the way i interpreted it on my own.... and i certainly didn;t imagine it like fssl suggested... :mad:....... i remember very well how that joke was interpreted by everyone who heard it when i was in junior high school..... i also remember the tellers of it being told to stop or face detention......... plus 2 other members of my household.... one who is a former fff member and who is older than both you and fssl also heard that joke as a teenager..... and he said he saw it the same way i did and agreed it is vulgar......  ..... and one of my room mates who worked in a night club up until 2 years ago said the very same thing........ my other 2 room mates haven;t seen it yet........ and i am not planning on showing them..... but i think i already know what they would say......

people here can say what what they want about it..... but i know without a doubt that most people... epscially those familiar with how the world operates.... will see that joke and come to that same conclusion i did........  and they are going to wonder why people professing to be christians are telling it....... .. ..... sometimes good intentions aren;t enough to keep us out of trouble......  occasionally a little research is also required...... i think this would have been one of those times....... 

Junior highers do not define reality. Try giving the rest of us the benefit of the doubt for not understanding some kind of perversion that does not exist.

You have a private interpretation handed down to you by junior highers.

Why don't you take your chastisements to those who are implanting the perversions in your mind?

Wow, I guess I grew up and have lived 51 years in a very sheltered life. Either that, or life on the islands is totally different than here in the Midwest. I've only heard the joke interpreted one way; the way I described it earlier. If anyone knew differently when I told it to them, they weren't kind enough to inform me of its more filthy interpretation.

I haven't made a habit of posting vulgar, off color, questionable posts here on the forum, and I'm not starting now. A quick look at my posting history here and on the FFF.com will prove my point. IF I had know of a differing, filthy interpretation of that joke, I certainly would not have posted it.

And with that, I am done with this subject. If certain people don't want to believe my explanation, well then, that is their problem, not mine.

Exactly. The responsibility lies with those who are given a convoluted interpretation. When pervs twist innocent things to me, I take it right back to them. Not vice versa. I don't expect everyone else to interpret innocent word plays as suggestive.

Neither you nor I will be falsely guilted into a retraction on this. It is absurd.

FSSL said:
Junior highers do not define reality. Try giving the rest of us the benefit of the doubt for not understanding some kind of perversion that does not exist.

You have a private interpretation handed down to you by junior highers.

Why don't you take your chastisements to those who are implanting the perversions in your mind?

and i;m not really surprised by this or your other answers either...... ..... like i said before this forum is your own personal little dog and pony show and you are welcome to it..... ......

but you are also very wrong in your professed assessment of this.... ... the worlds interpretation of jokes like that ... who also invented it... goes far beyond junior highschoolers...... and you know it...... ... and also....same as with ransom... i refuse to believe you are really as stupid as you are trying to come across here...... .. i think you are being both intentionally dishonest and also falsely calling me perverted for simply and correctly pointing out something that was perverted.... and which you have now defended and knowingly allowed to remain here....... ..  .........

which is why i said before... and will say again....... you are nothing but a slimeball....  ... and one day you will answer to God for it.......

When people make perversions out of innocent remarks, I tell them to get their minds out of the gutter.

There is no reasoning with you. So with that... Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.