ALAYMAN's Big Announcement....

Did you put in an official request to have your FFF name changed after the ordination?
ROFLOL! You are so stinkin' witty! It would have to be changed, right? 😁

Again, much truth said in jest, I do have a strong maverick streak in me that is represented by that chosen FFF handle, and that (baptist) conviction averse to the clergy/laity distinction, I imagine will never change.

😁

In all seriousness, I will be preaching the main sermon that Sunday morning and thought about giving y'all the link to listen, but I fear the roasting I would get from my FFF "friends".😆

In all seriousness, Brother, that would be appreciated. I'm sure that many of your friends here would love to hear you, especially those of us who can't always be in services because of physical challenges. But, that's totally your decision. Either way, this friend will be praying for you.

In all seriousness, Brother, that would be appreciated. I'm sure that many of your friends here would love to hear you, especially those of us who can't always be in services because of physical challenges. But, that's totally your decision. Either way, this friend will be praying for you.
Thanks again for the prayers bro, I will send you the link via private message. And if anybody else wants to hear and make fun of, errr, I mean tune in for worship 😁 I will gladly send you the link via PM.

Thanks again for the prayers bro, I will send you the link via private message. And if anybody else wants to hear and make fun of, errr, I mean tune in for worship 😁 I will gladly send you the link via PM.
Add me please.

I will be ordained to the ministry in my church Sunday January 30th! (should there be a :eek: here, or a o_O or a :rolleyes:...or a :cry:?).....(maybe that should be a Poll Question :unsure:)

Anyhoo, pray for wisdom and better discretion for/from our congregation. :LOL:
Congratulations! Does this precede an expansion of your ministry in your local church?

I wish that were the case, but I have to admit that the pandemic has had its affect on us like many other churches. The recognition to ordination is in part a long time in the works, and another part due to my pastor getting closer to fulfilling ministerial desires that will take him away from the church more frequently for extended periods, which in turn allows me some nuanced latitude to oversee the ministries in his stead. That doesn't really require ordination obviously, at least not in any ordinary sense of the normal duties that arise within a small Church, but I don't want to make this post into a novel to cover all of the contingency bases. 😁 But thanks for asking bro.

Reminds me of a story...

Back in the freewheeling crazy days of the FFF me and ALAYWIFE attended a church in Huntington West Virginia where our own resident evangelist and escapee from IFB(x)-dom at that time known as Marine (Tim Lee) was going to be preaching. After having attended the service, in which Marine delivered an absolutely fantastic sermon and many were saved (ironically, after an altar call 😁) where he made several sermon comments that I thought were interesting about calvinistic doctrine. When I got back home later that day I decided to stir the FFF pot, which was so unlike me in those days 😎, and asked the forum's collective genius their opinion on a couple of quotes. The author of those quotes were, unbeknownst to the FFF faithful, directly lifted from Tim's sermon. I knew that the quotes would serve to trigger the Freebirds, and it worked to perfection including and snaring one of our big birds Dr Bob. He made some typically biting comments about the quotes and after enough folks had chimed in piling on I revealed who the author was and the back peddling started frantically! I took a lot of heat for that because Marine was so beloved and respected that people felt embarrassed for having criticized him so harshly, but it was only done to show that people can often be hypercritical, and on the FFF that was so extremely true at that time but it needed to be highlighted. I didn't do it just merely for sport, but to say let's be gracious when we have differences of opinion with others.
Does anyone know how Dr Bob and his wife are doing?

Does anyone know how Dr Bob and his wife are doing?
He is fairly active on Facebook, but posts mostly about how cold Wisonsin is or his Minion memes. I have not seen any health-related updates lately.

The fella who posts on here as Average Joe said he has talked to Dr Bob at some point in the not so long ago past but I have not heard. Maybe Joe can come to answer this.

I will be ordained to the ministry in my church Sunday January 30th! (should there be a :eek: here, or a o_O or a :rolleyes:...or a :cry:?).....(maybe that should be a Poll Question :unsure:)

Anyhoo, pray for wisdom and better discretion for/from our congregation. :LOL:
Congratulations. I am so happy for you. I know you are trying to keep this light (you're excited about this I'm sure)) but God has called you to a very heavy task. May His grace touch you as you proclaim the gospel and spread His word.

ALAYMAN....is thi still online?? I didn't get to listen to ANYTHING on Sunday. My wife and I were both ill and I was in bed with vertigo part of the time. UGH!

Congratulations. I am so happy for you. I know you are trying to keep this light (you're excited about this I'm sure)) but God has called you to a very heavy task. May His grace touch you as you proclaim the gospel and spread His word.
Thank you brother. That means a bunch coming from you, as you have always had my utmost respect, going all the way back to how you conducted yourself on the FFF as far back as I can remember. And you are right, I used levity to make this announcement, but the solemnity of the occasion is indeed weighty and heavy in my conscience/soul...to the point of a smattering of anxiety (which I am not hardly ever prone to) and a teeny tiny bit of concern over ackowledgment of allowing God a further control of ALL of my life.

And to those who may tune in for the ordination this coming Sunday January 30th, I was informed recently that the 10am Sunday School hour (prior to the 11am main sermon which I will preach and which will be broadcast via facebook) may also broadcast the ordination live (assuming some technical and logistical issues don't prevent). So tune in at 10 for the possibility of the ordination, or 11 for only the sermon.

ALAYMAN....is thi still online?? I didn't get to listen to ANYTHING on Sunday. My wife and I were both ill and I was in bed with vertigo part of the time. UGH!
Ya, it's next Sunday. Something I learned after watching the entire sermon last Sunday. It was good, though.

Ya, it's next Sunday. Something I learned after watching the entire sermon last Sunday. It was good, though.
Thanks, that was my pastor (Paul Gibson), a HAC grad and very good man who is far from the stereotypical crazy extreme fundy type that you often hear about regarding their grads. You can go back to November 14th through December 5th and see my screeching. ;)

Thanks, that was my pastor (Paul Gibson), a HAC grad and very good man who is far from the stereotypical crazy extreme fundy type that you often hear about regarding their grads. You can go back to November 14th through December 5th and see my screeching. ;)
Ya, I had to deduct 5 IFB points because he wasn't wearing a tie.

Have you properly trained Alayboy on the Nerf gun so he can be in the back of the auditorium and shoot people as they nod off to sleep? :D

Have you properly trained Alayboy on the Nerf gun so he can be in the back of the auditorium and shoot people as they nod off to sleep? :D
Nahhh, he may be good at Call of Duty and Halo, but when it comes to using the real thing I'm afraid he would miss the mark. Besides that, our church has a much better plan...

and simultaneously as that is blasted we have 84" large-screen monitors posted in various conspicuous locations that relay the perpetrator's image for all to see and shame! And then, protocol dictates that no matter what the sermon had been (KJB, pants on wimmin, tithing, etc) we immediately shift to DefCon 3 Scripture Reading.....
7And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. 8And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together. 9And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.

😁