Alternative churches in NW Indiana other than FBC

groupie

Elect
Reaction score
Where are people going to church in NW Indiana if they have jumped ship from FBC? Are there any good churches withing 50 or 100 miles of FBC?

Yes there are several I can't think of their names old age ;D

I pastor in Chesterton Indiana.  Small church, women wear pants, ( that used to bug me, but I learned that the people need preaching to their hearts and souls, not just the externals.) 
So I haven't seen ANY FBC fallouts.  probably wouldn't stay long anyway.

the duck said:
I pastor in Chesterton Indiana.  Small church, women wear pants, ( that used to bug me, but I learned that the people need preaching to their hearts and souls, not just the externals.) 
So I haven't seen ANY FBC fallouts.  probably wouldn't stay long anyway.

Church name and website if you have one?

I can't speak for Indiana, but I've got a list of 36 IFB churches that would be loosely similar to FBCH in the Chicagoland area. So there are options, yes, but no, I won't post it. The people in FBCH who are still there need to stay there and give their new pastor a genuine chance to pastor them, IMHO.

I have found that in a small church like ours, you can't slip through the cracks or hide.  Everyone will know who you are and whether you are present on Sunday morning and night,  We also don't have resources for Children's Church or teen ministry bus routes, or etc.  though such luxuries would be nice.
I also now believe that children can quite well handle the preaching on Sunday mornings anyway and do not need to be shuffled off into their own little corners.
Most of the congregants at my church are older.  A kind group but not much on activity.

I would not DARE want to steal a church member away from another church esp FBC. 
If you feel you have no other choice of church and MUST leave FBC, then PM me and I can give you the website to our church and I know a few other good churches nearby that I can recommend.

p.s.  I wonder if this would count as my "evangelism" for the week?  :0

the duck, God bless you and your ministry!!

Tom Brennan said:
I can't speak for Indiana, but I've got a list of 36 IFB churches that would be loosely similar to FBCH in the Chicagoland area. So there are options, yes, but no, I won't post it. The people in FBCH who are still there need to stay there and give their new pastor a genuine chance to pastor them, IMHO.

Fair enough. I left long ago when Schaap took over anyhow, but just wondered where people are now going or could go. I do see a link to your church in your signature though!! LOL Just kidding with you!!  8)

Tom Brennan said:

The problem isn't the new pastor, the problem is people like Eddie Lapina who are still there and in charge.  Wilkerson is not going to change FBC.  FBC is going to change him.

I left FBCH because it wanted a man like Schaap, not Jesus.  I won't judge them, it may be God's doing...I have prayed for them for years. 
But the Devil is there, and they have to see it, or they will never follow the Good Shepherd again.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Well said prophet.............you're a wise man :)

prophet said:
.I have prayed for them for years. 

...and maybe, just maybe, the new guy is the answer to those prayers.  ;)

Tom Brennan said:
prophet said:
.I have prayed for them for years. 

...and maybe, just maybe, the new guy is the answer to those prayers.  ;)

Long shot Tom....he came from....wait for it....gasp....another church!
Obviously sin in there somewhere....did you hear what I said...he came from another church!

The illogic and inane 'reasoning' of some continually amaze me!

prophet said:
I left FBCH because it wanted a man like Schaap, not Jesus.  I won't judge them, it may be God's doing...I have prayed for them for years. 
But the Devil is there, and they have to see it, or they will never follow the Good Shepherd again.

Hey Prophet!

I used to go to Dyer Baptist, in Dyer Indiana, post FBC, when Bro. Surrett was there.  Loved his Bible Studies, completely through a whole book of the Bible.  Some friends went to a garb church in Griffith.
But hey, probably depends on what someone here might define as "good".  Probably lots of definitions of that on this forum. 

weaker-brother said:
prophet said:

Hey Prophet!

I used to go to Dyer Baptist, in Dyer Indiana, post FBC, when Bro. Surrett was there.  Loved his Bible Studies, completely through a whole book of the Bible.  Some friends went to a garb church in Griffith.
But hey, probably depends on what someone here might define as "good".  Probably lots of definitions of that on this forum.
There is a Kjvo church on Joliet in Schererville.  That  Griffith church, HAC grad Arlyn Walters pastors in Cedar Lake.  A lot of people have gone to Emanuel Baptist in South Haven(portage townsip/valpo area)  I remember when Dyer was good.  Hobart has a 'good baptist church'. Northside Baptist in Hammond is still going strong, I believe.

prophet said:
There is a Kjvo church on Joliet in Schererville.  That  Griffith church, HAC grad Arlyn Walters pastors in Cedar Lake.  A lot of people have gone to Emanuel Baptist in South Haven(portage townsip/valpo area)  I remember when Dyer was good.  Hobart has a 'good baptist church'. Northside Baptist in Hammond is still going strong, I believe.

Ok, You twisted my arm.  http://www.crockerbiblebaptist.org  located south tip of Chesterton just North of South Haven.

What a beautiful family "theduck" God bless you and your ministry!!!

Anybody remember "The Happy Church?" with purple busses?  I have no idea what type of church they were, but they had a Bus Ministry, Bless ga-aw-ed!  (I often wondered if that made us The Angry Church.")

Binaca Chugger said:
Anybody remember "The Happy Church?" with purple busses?  I have no idea what type of church they were, but they had a Bus Ministry, Bless ga-aw-ed!  (I often wondered if that made us The Angry Church.")
'The Nice Church' on Taft in Merrilville, bought Bethel B.C.'s old building, and is now defunct.  They had purple busses.

Your'e right - Nice, not Happy (It's been a while).