America First

I just looked up a video of a guy who said he was speaking with a proper Hawaiian accent. To me, he sounds like he's trying to impersonate Joe Pesci at an open mic night at an amateur comedy club. (IOW I'm dubious)

You decide... (listen to as much as you can handle)

the way he;s doing it is the way they dress it up for tv and movies... so people on the mainland can understand.... . like he said it;s basically proper english just spoken in a sloppy way... ... true pidgin involves words from different languages like chinese - japanese even some portugese... and of course some hawaiian words... but it;s still considered english... but pidgin english.... ..some people here will act like they can;t speak any other way but they still understand plain and regular english when they hear it..... ..... back in the previous century even up to the i mid 1990s it was a nightmare for school teachers trying to teach proper speech.... still is in some ways....

one thing he said that is right is about the hawaiian accent having a different rhythm - but even he has it down wrong... people who speak the authentic hawaiian language..(native hawaiians).. don;t do what he is talking about - elevating the tone of every sentence at the end as if it was a question when they speak local style english.... that feature came from japanese influence on pidgin... but it;s hard to avoid when talking to people heavily steeped in pidgin... ....it;s almost contageous.....

btw.... my sunday school teacher is native hawaiian and teaches our class in the hawaian language.... she hates pidgin and the local "dakine" way people here talk.... speaks plain and concise english when she is not speaking hawaiian.... won;t hesitate to correct us if she hears us break into that style while in class.... . .but she;s old school in every way....

Last edited:
here;s a short and simple segment of what hawaiian pidgin sounds like... he;s a real
hawaiian and he;s actually understandable by most people.... but if the conversation
got more complicated it would be a lt harder for most people to follow... ..you will
seldom ever hear it done this way on a tv show or in a movie....

Technically, that's true.

But you really are in the long run of things. You live in North America.

Technically true, as you say, but whether I count as "American" is a quibble.

Your accents are the same as ours (except in French speaking area)

This much is true. Being an anglophone from eastern Ontario, I've got basically the same accent as an upstate New Yorker. That being said, if you think all us anglos have the same accent(s) as you Yankees, go visit Nova Scotia or Newfoundland sometime...

Technically true, as you say, but whether I count as "American" is a quibble.

This much is true. Being an anglophone from eastern Ontario, I've got basically the same accent as an upstate New Yorker. That being said, if you think all us anglos have the same accent(s) as you Yankees, go visit Nova Scotia or Newfoundland sometime...

I'm sure you're right. I just meant y'all don't sound British or with some European accent. Some of our most famous movie stars and singing stars are from Canada and they sound American to me. As an example, Michael Buble. But we have varying accents here such as in the northern states and Maine so I'm sure there are different accents up there but overall, to me, y'all sound like us. (or we sound like you)

Gosh is Canada a third world country? They aren't smart or have enough courtesy to serve you water with ice in their restaurants. Go figure.

... thoughts?
i am very america first.... not only voted for trump twice - but i also don;t own anything made by nike... the north face... e.l.f. cosmetics ...and i never eat ben and jerrys ice cream..... i stopped watching many pro sports when they started disrespecting the national anthem - i helped convince my sister to select an american made vehicle when her company replaced the range rover she had before... i love john wayne movies... i bowhunt for animals which i also eat... (something my friends wish they could hate me for).... and i even own a trumpian red maga hat which i have worn in front of them a few times..... 🇺🇲

i did work for starbucks for many years - but that was before it got totally woke .... got fired from there anyway... ... and i am now banned from all but 2 of them on the island... .. i never did own a yeti cooler... but if i did i would plant something in it and leave it on the lanai with the name scratched off...... and if i was allowed to carry money around i would proudly carry 20 dollar bills even though i am half native american and andrew jacksons picture is on the front of them....

however... i do have 2 kitchen aid blenders and a kitchen aid mixer... .:rolleyes:. . kitchen aide also went woke but i refuse to get rid of them.... ..nobody outside the household sees them anyway - so i;m not giving off any negative anti-american waves by using them... .:cool:...

Last edited:
Keep Preaching!! I feel exactly the same way! It will always be America First and Foremost for me. You are a great patriot!