Anderson and HAC?

brainisengaged said:
I do agree with the point made by  Muslims that they do not want to be judged en masse by the actions of their lunatic fringe...

Any Muslim saying that is sowing disinformation.

Twisted said:
brainisengaged said:
I do agree with the point made by  Muslims that they do not want to be judged en masse by the actions of their lunatic fringe...

Likewise any Christian that claims that God doesn't want Sodomites executed.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Twisted said:
brainisengaged said:

earnestly contend

Wow...you both have reached new lows. Can read everything said in the New Testament and not a word about executing gay people. There are Muslims who serve in the US Military, doctors and nurses who faithfully take care of Americans and hosts of Muslims who do jobs that support our great nation. We have American bases in Muslim countries that welcome us to stand with them against the fringe.

LongGone said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
brainisengaged said:

earnestly contend

Wow...you both have reached new lows. Can read everything said in the New Testament and not a word about executing gay people. There are Muslims who serve in the US Military, doctors and nurses who faithfully take care of Americans and hosts of Muslims who do jobs that support our great nation. We have American bases in Muslim countries that welcome us to stand with them against the fringe.
Romans 1:27
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:32
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

There is absolutely no indication that God changed His mind about this:

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Because of this:

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Mar 10:6 ? Mar 10:8
But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

earnestly contend

LongGone said:

I never said anything about executing those who practice homosexuality.

Muslims in the military?  -Ft. Hood comes to mind.

Muslims who do jobs? - The Orlando shooter had a job.

Muslim countries that welcome us? - And you think they don't want to see Islam rule the world?

That was the point of my comment.  Any Muslim who seems to support the US is sowing disinformation.  They all want to see Islam rid the world of the infidel.

Your comments strike me as being extremely heavy in naivet?.

brainisengaged, why did you delete your quote of Romans 1?

I was going to agree with you that Romans 1 is misused to imply that only those who practice homosexuality are worthy of death.

Basically because I almost always have "poster's remorse" once I've posted something.
I want to be sure that to the best of my 'seeing through a glass darkly' position here on earth, I am not twisting Scripture myself.

brainisengaged said:
Basically because I almost always have "poster's remorse" once I've posted something.
I want to be sure that to the best of my 'seeing through a glass darkly' position here on earth, I am not twisting Scripture myself.

No "twisted" (pun intended) scripture here.  I used to think the same thing because of what I'd heard, but the light came on several years ago after a good preacher explained the passages.  I must admit is was a real shock to realize I'd misunderstood what Paul was saying.

Well, to my mind the passage is saying....

Paul is addressing the Roman Christians.
He is thankful for them.
Their faith is renown.
He prays for them regularly.
Paul longs to visit them.
But he can't exactly just hop on a plane, ha ha.
He wants to further establish their faith.
This would have the happy effect of strengthening his own faith, as well.
Paul sees it as his duty to preach the gospel,
to not only the Greek but also the Barbarian
to not only the wise but also to the unwise
He knows the gospel to be the power of God unto salvation.
He knows the only true way of living is to live by faith.
He goes on to declare an important part of the gospel, God's wrath.
God's wrath extends to ALL ungodliness and to ALL unrighteousness.
God has manifested Himself, has made Himself known to the ungodly and the unrighteous
(so that they are without excuse)
"Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. " (Ro 1:21-23

No mention yet of homosexuality. What God was wroth with was that they knew Him but they glorified Him not, were not thankful, etc...

So He gave them over and the next step their unrighteousness took was unnatural affections. Men with men, receiving in themselves that recompense of their error, which is meet. (I've always understood this to mean they receive the seed of the other man, and of course it is pointless in this unholy union)

The unrighteous do not like to retain God in their knowledge, and all manner of unrighteousness is spelled out in this passage:

" Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. "
(Romans 1:29-32

So it seems to me that included in the list of those who are worthy of death are such things as pride, envy, the excessively angry (implacable), those who do not exercise mercy...well, the list is pretty comprehensive. Who among us?

To me it goes along with the list of Revelation 1:28 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death..."

There is a death penalty on ALL unrighteousness,
And we are all under it.
But, the story doesn't end there!
And there is a way for the story to never end...
praise Jesus' Holy Name Forever.

So, is that kind of on the track of how you understand it, Twisted?

Very well said.

brainisengaged said:
Well, to my mind the passage is saying....

Paul is addressing the Roman Christians.
He is thankful for them.
Their faith is renown.
He prays for them regularly.
Paul longs to visit them.
But he can't exactly just hop on a plane, ha ha.
He wants to further establish their faith.
This would have the happy effect of strengthening his own faith, as well.
Paul sees it as his duty to preach the gospel,
to not only the Greek but also the Barbarian
to not only the wise but also to the unwise
He knows the gospel to be the power of God unto salvation.
He knows the only true way of living is to live by faith.
He goes on to declare an important part of the gospel, God's wrath.
God's wrath extends to ALL ungodliness and to ALL unrighteousness.
God has manifested Himself, has made Himself known to the ungodly and the unrighteous
(so that they are without excuse)
"Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. " (Ro 1:21-23

No mention yet of homosexuality. What God was wroth with was that they knew Him but they glorified Him not, were not thankful, etc...

So He gave them over and the next step their unrighteousness took was unnatural affections. Men with men, receiving in themselves that recompense of their error, which is meet. (I've always understood this to mean they receive the seed of the other man, and of course it is pointless in this unholy union)

The unrighteous do not like to retain God in their knowledge, and all manner of unrighteousness is spelled out in this passage:

" Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. "
(Romans 1:29-32

So it seems to me that included in the list of those who are worthy of death are such things as pride, envy, the excessively angry (implacable), those who do not exercise mercy...well, the list is pretty comprehensive. Who among us?

To me it goes along with the list of Revelation 1:28 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death..."

There is a death penalty on ALL unrighteousness,
And we are all under it.
But, the story doesn't end there!
And there is a way for the story to never end...
praise Jesus' Holy Name Forever.

brainisengaged said:

Sorta nails it.

Teri in NC said:
qwerty said:
Teri in NC said:
Did that looney preacher go to HAC?

I remember a lot of talk about him on the old FFF and some of his antics.
Yes but pretty sure he is not a graduate. I sat near him under the balcony on the Malone (Prophets) side in chapel for a couple semesters. My "Spidey senses" were tingling that he was weird, but he did not seem any weirder than dozens of other HACkers. I don't recall him having any issues at college. Talked to him a handful of times and he did not have the diarrhea of the mouth he currently suffers from.

Bless his heart.  I never paid attention to talk of him on the old FFF but saw where he did a youtube post about the Orlando murders.

I watched about 30 seconds of it and felt sick to my stomach.

His hatred for other humans is despicable.

Very much agree with this assessment!

prophet said:
LongGone said:
prophet said:
Twisted said:
brainisengaged said:

earnestly contend

Romans 1:27
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:32
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

There is absolutely no indication that God changed His mind about this:

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Because of this:

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Mar 10:6 ? Mar 10:8
But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

earnestly contend

Not one word there about gay people being executed in the New Testament. If you want to hang it on your verse in Leviticus you need to hang with the whole book.  There is a lot about Sodom and Gomorrah and why God judged them that you are leaving out.  Taking some verses out of content and implying the Orlando tragedy was something God wanted is just wrong.

Twisted said:
LongGone said:

I never said anything about executing those who practice homosexuality.

Muslims in the military?  -Ft. Hood comes to mind.

Muslims who do jobs? - The Orlando shooter had a job.

Muslim countries that welcome us? - And you think they don't want to see Islam rule the world?

That was the point of my comment.  Any Muslim who seems to support the US is sowing disinformation.  They all want to see Islam rid the world of the infidel.

Your comments strike me as being extremely heavy in naivet?.

There are many tragic events in the world. Fort Hood was one. That does not negate all the Muslims who serve in the US Military with pride. OKC was a veteran who was "Christian". Does that negate all the Christians who serve in the US Military with pride. The Muslim countries that are our allies understand the threat of groups such as ISIS and work with us to keep them in check. They believe in their faith just as a Baptist pastor may proclaimed he wants everyone saved. My comments make strike you as being extremely heavy in naivete but your comments strike me as extremely heavy in ignorance and bigotry.

LongGone said:
My comments make strike you as being extremely heavy in naivete but your comments strike me as extremely heavy in ignorance and bigotry.

Yeah, I don't exactly get thrilled when a "religions"  "holy book" tells its followers to kill me.

But to each his own.

Twisted said:
LongGone said:
My comments make strike you as being extremely heavy in naivete but your comments strike me as extremely heavy in ignorance and bigotry.

Yeah, I don't exactly get thrilled when a "religions"  "holy book" tells its followers to kill me.

But to each his own.

Sit down and talk to real Muslims about what they believe. You can take scripture and make it sound like anything you want (see people do it on here). There are 2.75 million Muslims in the United States. Curious how many of them have tried to kill you. Think of the Muslims that gave blood for the victims of the Orlando shooting.