Another New IFB

He's spot on!

He posted on here before, in the last version of the Triple F, correct?

Earnestly Contend

I am pretty sure he posted on this version of the FFF.  Home church calvinist group and the Frags of the forum both attacked him pretty hard for being moderate and level headed.  He quit posting after a brief stay.

Binaca Chugger said:
I am pretty sure he posted on this version of the FFF.  Home church calvinist group and the Frags of the forum both attacked him pretty hard for being moderate and level headed.  He quit posting after a brief stay.
It's too bad. Although I disagreed with him about many things, he at least attempts to use reason to arrive at his conclusions. I occasionally read what he has written with interest and some level of agreement...and it's rare I can say that about an IFB type.

rsc2a said:
Binaca Chugger said:
It's too bad. Although I disagreed with him about many things, he at least attempts to use reason to arrive at his conclusions. I occasionally read what he has written with interest and some level of agreement...and it's rare I can say that about an IFB type.
There goes the neighborhood!  :p

He's using old path methodology on the old path crowd!

In the independent Baptist world, I think many of us have been trying to have a conversation with a group within our ranks that doesn't share our epistemology. Specifically, I'm talking about the #oldpaths crowd. More specifically, I'm talking about:
John Hamblin
Shelton Smith
Bob Gray Sr.
Allen Domelle
Justin Cooper
Greg Neal
Jeff Fugate
Bruce Goddard

I am taking bets on how long it will take old Bob Gray to write a scathing denunciation. He is probably foaming at the mouth.

Bob Gray, I'm sure, is loving that he's being put in the spot light.

Because now, "all over the Internet is, attacking him".

Those who read my reply on the New IFBs may be surprised to know that I agree with nearly everything this article says.  Primarily because he singles out the "worst of the worst" and doesn't pretend that all Old Time Religion pastors are in agreement with the Bob Gray crowd.  Keep in mind, despite the fact that the group mentioned love Dr. Hyles, they hate HAC and have long thought it was too liberal.  I have known many TBC graduates who thought I was a compromiser for going to Hyles-Anderson :)

The problems that I have with the IFB movement are personified and amplified with the men listed.  They give most of us a very bad name.  Are we partially to blame for identifying with them or by not calling them out...probably.  But I don't criticize them any more than I criticize the new IB's.  They are a too far right while the IB's are a little too far left. 

cpizzle said:
Those who read my reply on the New IFBs may be surprised to know that I agree with nearly everything this article says.  Primarily because he singles out the "worst of the worst" and doesn't pretend that all Old Time Religion pastors are in agreement with the Bob Gray crowd.  Keep in mind, despite the fact that the group mentioned love Dr. Hyles, they hate HAC and have long thought it was too liberal.  I have known many TBC graduates who thought I was a compromiser for going to Hyles-Anderson :)

The problems that I have with the IFB movement are personified and amplified with the men listed.  They give most of us a very bad name.  Are we partially to blame for identifying with them or by not calling them out...probably.  But I don't criticize them any more than I criticize the new IB's.  They are a too far right while the IB's are a little too far left.

When I read Josh's blog post this is the crowd (the names Ryan Hayden listed) that came to my mind.

I didn't take it like Josh was, broad brushing, the IFB as a whole but instead pointing out the crowd that Ryan has listed.

Bruh said:
cpizzle said:

When I read Josh's blog post this is the crowd (the names Ryan Hayden listed) that came to my mind.

I didn't take it like Josh was, broad brushing, the IFB as a whole but instead pointing out the crowd that Ryan has listed.

Yep. When I read Josh Teis' article these preachers are exactly who I had in mind.

Darkwing Duck said:
Bruh said:
cpizzle said:

Yep. When I read Josh Teis' article these preachers are exactly who I had in mind.
Does Greg Neal actually "preach" out?

What the Hell is this world coming to?

Earnestly Contend

Bruh said:
cpizzle said:

I disagree.  Those guys are small potatoes and don't define the full spectrum of IFB's.  He may use their extremes as illustrations, but he is certainly referring to Dr. Hyles and HAC as well.

cpizzle said:
Bruh said:
cpizzle said:

I disagree.  Those guys are small potatoes and don't define the full spectrum of IFB's.  He may use their extremes as illustrations, but he is certainly referring to Dr. Hyles and HAC as well.

I think he was (referring to HAC) as well.
If not, he should have been. IMO, of course.

Tarheel Baptist said:
cpizzle said:
Bruh said:
cpizzle said:

Exactly right! He was throwing Hyles ppl in there. Isn't he the root?

Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
cpizzle said:
Bruh said:
cpizzle said:

Exactly right! He was throwing Hyles ppl in there. Isn't he the root?

I broach that subject in my 'I don't follow the logic' thread upstairs.
I hope some from down here will weigh in on the subject....Hyles, Falwell and integrity in ministry and personal life.

I went to college with Ryan, and I pastor a church about an hour away from him. He didn't see the point in spending the time required to continue arguments on this site.

The HAC forum is always fun and, for the most part, courteous, but some of the other forums on this site aren't worth getting involved in.

As for the post, Ryan said that Jeff Fugate personally called him to talk about it. Ryan said he had a new respect for Bro. Fugate after that conversation because of the way he conducted himself.

I've never heard Fugate preach, but I've followed him on Twitter. He seems like a decent enough guy, but I just don't trust the people he hangs out with (Hamblin, S. Smith, etc.) #oldpaths

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boomer said:
I went to college with Ryan, and I pastor a church about an hour away from him. He didn't see the point in spending the time required to continue arguments on this site.

The HAC forum is always fun and, for the most part, courteous, but some of the other forums on this site aren't worth getting involved in.

As for the post, Ryan said that Jeff Fugate personally called him to talk about it. Ryan said he had a new respect for Bro. Fugate after that conversation because of the way he conducted himself.

I've never heard Fugate preach, but I've followed him on Twitter. He seems like a decent enough guy, but I just don't trust the people he hangs out with (Hamblin, S. Smith, etc.) #oldpaths

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tell me who ur friends are and I'll tell u who you are.