Another New IFB

Bruh said:
Boomer said:
I went to college with Ryan, and I pastor a church about an hour away from him. He didn't see the point in spending the time required to continue arguments on this site.

The HAC forum is always fun and, for the most part, courteous, but some of the other forums on this site aren't worth getting involved in.

As for the post, Ryan said that Jeff Fugate personally called him to talk about it. Ryan said he had a new respect for Bro. Fugate after that conversation because of the way he conducted himself.

I've never heard Fugate preach, but I've followed him on Twitter. He seems like a decent enough guy, but I just don't trust the people he hangs out with (Hamblin, S. Smith, etc.) #oldpaths

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tell me who ur friends are and I'll tell u who you are.

That's true to a certain extent. His association with certain men who preach nonsense and twist the Scriptures to do so bothers me.

Boomer said:
Bruh said:
Boomer said:
I went to college with Ryan, and I pastor a church about an hour away from him. He didn't see the point in spending the time required to continue arguments on this site.

The HAC forum is always fun and, for the most part, courteous, but some of the other forums on this site aren't worth getting involved in.

As for the post, Ryan said that Jeff Fugate personally called him to talk about it. Ryan said he had a new respect for Bro. Fugate after that conversation because of the way he conducted himself.

I've never heard Fugate preach, but I've followed him on Twitter. He seems like a decent enough guy, but I just don't trust the people he hangs out with (Hamblin, S. Smith, etc.) #oldpaths

That's true to a certain extent. His association with certain men who preach nonsense and twist the Scriptures to do so bothers me.

Is that what you tell ur children?

Bruh said:
Boomer said:
Bruh said:
Boomer said:

What does my family have to do with this? Should I hold a discussion during family devotions with my 3, 5, and 7 year old children about my discomfort with Jeff Fugate's associations? Should I analyze Hamblin's #greatmen sermon with my 3 year-old son while he plays cars? Should I interrupt my 7 year-old's piano practice to inform her that she should not be hangin' with Mr. (Justin) Cooper?

Seriously, what are you talking about?

Bruh said:
Boomer said:

Jesus is my closest friend and constant companion, who am I?

Boomer said:
Bruh said:
Boomer said:
Bruh said:
Boomer said:

What does my family have to do with this? Should I hold a discussion during family devotions with my 3, 5, and 7 year old children about my discomfort with Jeff Fugate's associations? Should I analyze Hamblin's #greatmen sermon with my 3 year-old son while he plays cars? Should I interrupt my 7 year-old's piano practice to inform her that she should not be hangin' with Mr. (Justin) Cooper?

Seriously, what are you talking about?

:) I was in a hurry, I should've been more clear.

Tell me who ur friends are and I'll tell you who you are.

What I meant was, I would assume you are teaching ur children to be very very careful who you run with, bc u will pick up on their traits and eventually become like them.

You said that the quote was true to a certain extent, which is false, u r who u run with.

If Fugate is running with Domelle and Hamblin he is who he runs with.

And yes, I believe you should for devotions tell ur children of the dangers of Fugate.

Bruh said:
If Fugate is running with Domelle ... he is who he runs with.

He probably only runs with Domelle to make himself look like a better preacher.

I've only heard him (Fugate) preach once and that was at the national Sword conference.  It was a very good message.  I met him once at his church when I stopped by to see the place.

I've heard Domelle a couple of times at my home church in KY when visiting there.  He is the IFB version of Joel Osteen.

I follow Domelle on Twitter also. Your description matches his tweets perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomer said:
Bruh said:
Boomer said:

What about his association with convicted pedophiles whom he has had to preach at his church.

Binaca Chugger said:
Boomer said:
Bruh said:
Boomer said:

What about his association with convicted pedophiles whom he has had to preach at his church.
Who are these pedophiles?

I have family who are long time members there.

Chester Mulligan had pled guilty to such charges and moved to Miami to pastor an IFBx church.  He showed up at Fugate's church and preached in the church and college.  When asked about it by members, the members were told that it was ok, Mulligan is his friend and he is a good guy.

Chuck Harding is shrouded in mystery.  Posters on this site from OBC claim he was dismissed from the church due to indiscretion with female students while pricncipal.  He did lie about his position on government to make people believe he was somewhat important to gain financial support.

Fugate continued to preach with Greg Neal, going to his church to preach at an Old Paths Conference.

Winninger has been there to preach, but I don't know what that relationship is now.

I forgot that Fugate hung out with Greg Neal . . . Woof! How anybody could still go to Greg Neal's church after watching that video he made is beyond me. I guess Teis is right in pointing out that IFBs since 1980 have been separating over the wrong issues.

Boomer said:
I forgot that Fugate hung out with Greg Neal . . . Woof! How anybody could still go to Greg Neal's church after watching that video he made is beyond me. I guess Teis is right in pointing out that IFBs since 1980 have been separating over the wrong issues.

But there're old paths so it's all good. No pants on women and no movie houses, they get passes because they "repented".

Bruh said:
Boomer said:

But there're old paths so it's all good. No pants on women and no movie houses, they get passes because they "repented".

Exactly. This 'illogical reasoning' is the main reason for the rise in the New IFB's.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:
Boomer said:

Exactly. This 'illogical reasoning' is the main reason for the rise in the New IFB's.

Yes, that and the way these guys preach, they really don't. But people give them a pass because the old paths have good intentions.

Kinda like Obama, he has good intentions and means well,so, many give him a pass.

Binaca Chugger said:

Chester Mulligan had pled guilty to such charges and moved to Miami to pastor an IFBx church.  He showed up at Fugate's church and preached in the church and college.  When asked about it by members, the members were told that it was ok, Mulligan is his friend and he is a good guy.

Chuck Harding is shrouded in mystery.  Posters on this site from OBC claim he was dismissed from the church due to indiscretion with female students while pricncipal.  He did lie about his position on government to make people believe he was somewhat important to gain financial support.

Fugate continued to preach with Greg Neal, going to his church to preach at an Old Paths Conference.

Winninger has been there to preach, but I don't know what that relationship is now.
Thanks for the info.
I would bet you dollars to donuts that (at least I hope) that Winninger has not preached their since all that stuff blew up at his church.
It bothers me greatly that Fugate would associate at all with the Neals and allow Chester Mulligan to preach, if indeed he preached after he plead guilty.  Did he not do jail time?
Child molestation is not looked to kindly upon in any jurisdiction.
The Chuck Harding info is still conjecture and I would try to get this info nailed down before I gave credence to it.
A friend of mine works with him in that ministry and I don't think he would cotton too well to know that his partner has that kind of baggage.

Bruh said:
Boomer said:

Greg Neal never repented.  Recently, the police had enough others finally come forward who were to fearful years ago.  Statute of limitations had run out, so they could not press charges.  Neal claimed it was God chatting his name from the evil rumours by the workers of iniquity.

Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
Boomer said:

Greg Neal never repented.  Recently, the police had enough others finally come forward who were to fearful years ago.  Statute of limitations had run out, so they could not press charges.  Neal claimed it was God chatting his name from the evil rumours by the workers of iniquity.
Fat chance, I saw the video and even knew some of the tour group members.  They have never been the same.

16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Thanks for the info.
I would bet you dollars to donuts that (at least I hope) that Winninger has not preached their since all that stuff blew up at his church.
It bothers me greatly that Fugate would associate at all with the Neals and allow Chester Mulligan to preach, if indeed he preached after he plead guilty.  Did he not do jail time?
The Chuck Harding info is still conjecture and I would try to get this info nailed down before I gave credence to it.
A friend of mine works with him in that ministry and I don't think he would cotton too well to know that his partner has that kind of baggage.
Yes.  Mullugan preached there after he pled guilty, before final court date.

Harding's lies about his position to give himself some credence to get money from churches is well documented in another thread.  He has since changed some wordings on his web site to be more ambiguous in his position.  His supposed extra-marital indiscretion is found on this forum, but I have no knowledge of proof other than the forum.

Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Thanks for the info.

Harding's lies about his position to give himself some credence to get money from churches is well documented in another thread.  He has since changed some wordings on his web site to be more ambiguous in his position.  His supposed extra-marital indiscretion is found on this forum, but I have no knowledge of proof other than the forum.
I do not know how Mr. Mulligan was able to find his way into pastoring another church.
It is hideous and completely validates IFB criticisms. 
Sad, utterly sad...
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/former-e-c-pastor-sentenced-for-stalking-sex-charges-dropped/article_3389f55e-3f7d-579e-bed4-653d83fd8b7f.html
https://dannimoss.wordpress.com/tag/chester-mulligan/

16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:
16KJV11 said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Thanks for the info.

I do not know how Mr. Mulligan was able to find his way into pastoring another church.
It is hideous and completely validates IFB criticisms. 
Sad, utterly sad...
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/former-e-c-pastor-sentenced-for-stalking-sex-charges-dropped/article_3389f55e-3f7d-579e-bed4-653d83fd8b7f.html
https://dannimoss.wordpress.com/tag/chester-mulligan/

Because he "repented" and was restored, oh and he still thinks it's a sin for women to wear pants and a sin to go to the movie house.

But if he thought that it was ok for women to wear pants and wasn't a sin to go to the movie house than he would be to backslidden to even teach a children's Sunday school.