Any pre-tribbers here?

The dingy ate the baby?

The Rogue Tomato said:
I'd rather debate a real pre-tribber, though, who believes in what he/she's defending.

Any pretribs out there?

FSSL said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
I'd rather debate a real pre-tribber, though, who believes in what he/she's defending.

Any pretribs out there?

I guess there's no point in debate, then, since everyone here is pre-wrath!  Who'da thunk it?

The Rogue Tomato said:
I guess there's no point in debate, then, since everyone here is pre-wrath!  Who'da thunk it?

LOL!!! I will definitely engage... but I don't want the formal discussion to look like it is me against the FF..

FSSL said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

LOL!!! I will definitely engage... but I don't want the formal discussion to look like it is me against the FF..

Does this mean we're going to do the debate, the two of us? 

I know ALAYMAN is pre-trib, but I take it something serious is going on in his life right now (I didn't catch the details).  Plus, I don't know if he'd want to do a debate. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Does this mean we're going to do the debate, the two of us?

If no one else steps up to the plate by next week... I'm on. I'd prefer someone else jump in.

Pre-wrath & Mid- trib are pretty much the same. Seven yrs of tribulation means seven yrs of tribulation. I don't see a whole lot of difference. Apparently the "big" difference is that you believe most pre tribers think/teach that there will be a good part in the tribulation.

Bob H said:
Pre-wrath & Mid- trib are pretty much the same. Seven yrs of tribulation means seven yrs of tribulation. I don't see a whole lot of difference. Apparently the "big" difference is that you believe the pre tribs think/teach that there will be a good part in the tribulation.

Actually, pre-wrath is almost identical to post-trib, not mid-trib.  And there is no such thing as a seven-year tribulation period.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Bob H said:
Pre-wrath & Mid- trib are pretty much the same. Seven yrs of tribulation means seven yrs of tribulation. I don't see a whole lot of difference. Apparently the "big" difference is that you believe the pre tribs think/teach that there will be a good part in the tribulation.

Actually, pre-wrath is almost identical to post-trib, not mid-trib.  And there is no such thing as a seven-year tribulation period.

"The Prewrath rapture is one of several premillennial views on the end-times events among evangelical Christians, and states that Christians will be raptured sometime during tribulation that occurs in the second half of the seventieth week of Daniel, and before the day of the Lord's wrath (God's wrath)."

Is that wrong?

Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Bob H said:

"The Prewrath rapture is one of several premillennial views on the end-times events among evangelical Christians, and states that Christians will be raptured sometime during tribulation that occurs in the second half of the seventieth week of Daniel, and before the day of the Lord's wrath (God's wrath)."

Is that wrong?

Not entirely, but I think you're reading it wrong.  The rapture occurs as the great tribulation ends and God's wrath begins, which makes it post-trib.  I'd go into more detail, but I'd rather save it for the debate. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Bob H said:

Is that wrong?

Not entirely, but I think you're reading it wrong.  The rapture occurs as the great tribulation ends and God's wrath begins, which makes it post-trib.  I'd go into more detail, but I'd rather save it for the debate.

I may be reading it wrong. And there's apparently differences in the pre wrath positions. So you believe there is a "time period" between the Post-trib rapture and  the actual second coming?

Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Bob H said:

Is that wrong?

I may be reading it wrong. And there's apparently differences in the pre wrath positions. So you believe there is a "time period" between the Post-trib rapture and  the actual second coming?

No, the second coming and the rapture are part of one event, along with other things that occur.  The second coming begins the day of the Lord's wrath, for example (although it doesn't last just one day). 

I know what you're thinking, and I have an answer for it, but I would rather wait for the debate.

The Rogue Tomato said:
No, the second coming and the rapture are part of one event, along with other things that occur.  The second coming begins the day of the Lord's wrath, for example (although it doesn't last just one day). 

I know what you're thinking, and I have an answer for it, but I would rather wait for the debate.

So there is a time period between them. :) And I'm sure you know not what I'm thinking cause I'm still trying to make out your position. Though I'm no expert I know enough that the pre-wrath and post-trib positions are not quite the same. We differ at the time of the rapture................Do you believe in the actual, literal 1000 yr reign of Christ? Cause if you don't the argument will never be settled and we'd be wasting our time.

Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

So there is a time period between them. :) And I'm sure you know not what I'm thinking cause I'm still trying to make out your position. Though I'm no expert I know enough that the pre-wrath and post-trib positions are not quite the same. We differ at the time of the rapture................Do you believe in the actual, literal 1000 yr reign of Christ? Cause if you don't the argument will never be settled and we'd be wasting our time.

Yes, I take it all quite literally unless there's an obvious reason for symbolism.  There will be a 1,000 year reign of Christ.  And, contrary to what most others seem to think, I believe Ezekiel 38 refers to the end of that 1,000 years, not the great tribulation.  But that's a whole 'nother story. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

Yes, I take it all quite literally unless there's an obvious reason for symbolism.  There will be a 1,000 year reign of Christ.  And, contrary to what most others seem to think, I believe Ezekiel 38 refers to the end of that 1,000 years, not the great tribulation.  But that's a whole 'nother story.

Thanx. That would of been impossible to overcome. IMHO, the start of the "Tribulation period" {the last 7 yrs} begins "the day of the Lord's wrath". So we disagree over the time the wrath of God begins which in turn makes us disagree on the time of the rapture. If you believe "Daniel seventh week" is not God's wrath on earth, then we'd have to get over that first. And I don't see how that can be done. What say ye?  :)

Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

Thanx. That would of been impossible to overcome. IMHO, the start of the "Tribulation period" {the last 7 yrs} begins "the day of the Lord's wrath". So we disagree over the time the wrath of God begins which in turn makes us disagree on the time of the rapture. If you believe "Daniel seventh week" is not God's wrath on earth, then we'd have to get over that first. And I don't see how that can be done. What say ye?  :)

I say you present your case, and I'll present my case, and then we'll do follow-up responses.  I think that's the format of the formal debate.

FSSL said:
................ but pre-wrath is just a midtrib with a slight adjustment.

Thank you

Bob H said:
FSSL said:

Thank you
Calling 'pre-wrath': 'mid-trib' exposes the weakness of pre/mid tribbers' position.  They seem unable to separate 'God's Wrath' which dwells only on unbelievers, from tribulation, which purifies the saints.

Anishinabe

prophet said:
Bob H said:
FSSL said:

Thank you
Calling 'pre-wrath': 'mid-trib' exposes the weakness of pre/mid tribbers' position.  They seem unable to separate 'God's Wrath' which dwells only on unbelievers, from tribulation, which purifies the saints.

Anishinabe

The last 7 yrs, known as "The time of Jacob's trouble" or "Daniel's seventy week" or the "Tribulation period" or whatever else you wanna call it IS when God's wrath will be poured out. Not before or not after.

Bob H said:
prophet said:
Bob H said:
FSSL said:

Thank you

Anishinabe

The last 7 yrs, known as "The time of Jacob's trouble" or "Daniel's seventy week" or the "Tribulation period" or whatever else you wanna call it IS when God's wrath will be poured out. Not before or not after.

The Bible says otherwise.  And if you'll debate me, you'll find out.