Anyone out there ever been

Just me

Elect
Reaction score
Anyone out there ever been called in to sit before and IFB inqusition?

You know where you are called in to meet whith the pastor at a set time and place.  Usually his office.  Of course you are not told what the meeting is truely about.  Usually when you ask you are told the pastor wants to meet with you about an issue.  You arrive on time and walk in to an inqusition of several staff men maybe others or maybe just a few.  You sit down and they accuse you of doing someting and it goes down hill from there as they are not interested in the facts just getting you to repent of something you probably truely have not done.

The sad part is it is either kiss the kings ring or you are done for.

Oh yes

I can remember one time I got called in and chewed out for encouraging someone to follow what they felt was what God wanted them to do by going to a different college. Needless to say this particular person never finished college at OBC or anywhere else for that matter. They go to church and work hard at their job but it nothing else from there.

Sad

I had the misfortune to be in the office with the former pastor of WHBC when a staff member (the bus director at that time) happened to come to the office because of being summoned there early that day. The pastor began to scold him like a little child, no doubt for added effect since I was in the office. The issue was over a propane tank on a visiting preacher's motor home. He had been told to fill it up so that it wouldn't run out that week. Apparently the bus director thought it had plenty of propane to last the week so he said, "I thought...." The pastor yelled, "I don't pay you to think! I pay you to do what you're told to do!"

I determined right then that my children would not be attending this college. That bus director didn't last long after that. I still don't know where he ended up or if he is even in the ministry today. His name was Whipple.     

Just me said:

You know where you are called in to meet whith the pastor at a set time and place.  Usually his office.  Of course you are not told what the meeting is truely about.  Usually when you ask you are told the pastor wants to meet with you about an issue.  You arrive on time and walk in to an inqusition of several staff men maybe others or maybe just a few.  You sit down and they accuse you of doing someting and it goes down hill from there as they are not interested in the facts just getting you to repent of something you probably truely have not done.

Yeah.  Those tactics were(are) deceitful.  And I had the cajones to tell one of the staff members that they were a bold-faced liar and I walked out, and while my boldness was scary at that moment, it was also empowering.

The place is done now.  Dead.  And while it may seem sad to some of you, it really is cause to rejoice.  God will no longer be blasphemed and people no longer hurt (to such degree).  It's like a bad dream.  And lessons have finally been learned.   

Why, yes. I had several of those meetings. But, the last one was at my request, so I knew the topic. I also knew what the end result would likely be, so I had Legacy Five's song "Freedom"  queued up in my car. I rolled out of the parking lot with the windows down and that song playing loudly. 

It is so nice to be in such great company!

We all learned alot of things that you do not do from that place.  Probably more of the don'ts then the dos I would imagine.

I, like Citadel of Truth, had the "honor" of being in the midst of one of those Inquisitions many yeas ago.  It was the first I had ever seen such a thing and I was speechless for a time afterwards.  All it accomplished was dividing the peple involved so that their friendship ended that day.  But I think that is what JAV was trying to accomplish.

I also was the victim of those blessed inquisitions and it is not fun.  But of course the result is awesome in that my family walked away and have been ever so happy since.

What is really sad, beside the fact that it even happens in the first place, is that some of the members sit and take the beating over and over.  I know of several members who have had the "inquisition" happen to them and every time they kissed the ring and stayed.  Finally, one day, they woke up to the problems within an organization that would treat people that way and have since left the compound.

Nope; never been through such an inquisition.

But I did get called to the pastor's office one-on-one when he told me that he would love to use  me in more areas, but I wouldn't qualify myself.

I do remember, several years ago, when I was preached at for posting on this forum, but no names were named. 

Walt said:
Nope; never been through such an inquisition.

Congratulations!!  Be thankful you have never been in such a cultish church that would have inqusitions.

Walt said:
But I did get called to the pastor's office one-on-one when he told me that he would love to use  me in more areas, but I wouldn't qualify myself. 

Humility is a good thing!!!!

Walt said:
I do remember, several years ago, when I was preached at for posting on this forum, but no names were named.

Yes, the members of WHBC and OBC heard all the time the evils of the FFF and posting on such boards.  Vineyard and gang went out of their way to scare any and all they could off the site or even from lurkning on them at all.

But, being the hypocrite that Vineyard is (both Tommy and Jimmy), he assigned some of his staff men to follow it closely and report back to him.  He would then have some of them make logins and post posts as he saw fit under his direction.  He loved doing that.

Then he would preach and brag how he has never once gone to any of those sites and wouldn't know how to anyways. 

What a joke they are.

Ross told the congregation over and over to stay off the internet looking for information.  Then during a sermon he was ranting about something our Govt was doing, and it took me about 2 seconds to check snopes and figure out it was not true.  He fell for an internet rumor and again proved he does not practice what he preaches. 

Tanner said:
Ross told the congregation over and over to stay off the internet looking for information.  Then during a sermon he was ranting about something our Govt was doing, and it took me about 2 seconds to check snopes and figure out it was not true.  He fell for an internet rumor and again proved he does not practice what he preaches.

In these type churches rules only apply to leadership when it is convenient to leadership.

That is why I heard the following statement over an over, "Leadership may not always be right but leadership is always leadership!!"   It was always given to justify leaderships actions and get you to ignore what leadership was actually doing, kiss the ring, shut up and realize you are wrong no matter what.

pathetic at best

Just me said:

You know where you are called in to meet with the pastor at a set time and place.  Usually his office.  Of course you are not told what the meeting is truely about.  Usually when you ask you are told the pastor wants to meet with you about an issue.  You arrive on time and walk in to an inqusition of several staff men maybe others or maybe just a few.  You sit down and they accuse you of doing someting and it goes down hill from there as they are not interested in the facts just getting you to repent of something you probably truely have not done.

Oh yes. This very thing happened to me at bhbc.  I was called in and ambushed by 8 men, who were preset up to be against me.  No opening with prayer. Just a pastor accusing me and others of spreading dessention.  Which i had not done.  I even told the church they all needed to give it to the Lord.  He told numerous lies about NE my wife and two other families.  He and his wife were in sin.  Jealousy.  Then progressed into baring false withers against his brother...this is where I came in and witnessed his lies first hand.  It was said a man was trying to steal the hearts of the people from Bro R C jr. I was a deacon who lived 1 mile from the man and he never tried to pull me away from my pastor.  I could find no other deacon who he had tried to pull from him either.  He lied before God's church numerous and had no problem with it.

I was told by people how they were afraid for my children.. yes my children are fine he had one sickin the hospital, one of those deacons had a son in intensive care, one of those men in that room just died, ones wife is having health issues.  I told them God is a revelerr of truth. And oh He is and has. Story too long to type.  They teach God is the one who c hastens a pastor.  I agree but if you love someone you will warn them of the chastened hand of the Lord.  We had not spread dissention. Those who knew what he was doing were the ones who knew.  He told 15-20 lies about us and still refuses to repent even though I pointed them out to him. He did not follow the biblical process of church discipline, not even one part.  He is even missing some key sermons on his site...God knows why and so do I.

I told him a pastor is to lead God's church in the love of Jesus Christ.  He is not to push...pull. or drag God's people. He is not king David, the high priest Aaron or Moses.  Jesus is King and high priest.

Now he is going off the deep end on eunichs.  Because of the luster of their hearts...period. they are  other eunichs.  They are not born that way. 

Oh yes. This very thing happened to me at bhbc.  I was called in and ambushed by 8 men, who were preset up to be against me.  No opening with prayer. Just a pastor accusing me and others of spreading dessention.  Which i had not done.  I even told the church they all needed to give it to the Lord.  He told numerous lies about NE my wife and two other families.  He and his wife were in sin.  Jealousy.  Then progressed into baring false withers against his brother...this is where I came in and witnessed his lies first hand.  It was said a man was trying to steal the hearts of the people from Bro R C jr. I was a deacon who lived 1 mile from the man and he never tried to pull me away from my pastor.  I could find no other deacon who he had tried to pull from him either.  He lied before God's church numerous and had no problem with it.

I feel bad that you had this experience. Are you attributing the bad events in the lives of these men to God's judgement for the way they treated you?

I was told by people how they were afraid for my children.. yes my children are fine he had one sickin the hospital, one of those deacons had a son in intensive care, one of those men in that room just died, ones wife is having health issues.  I told them God is a revelerr of truth. And oh He is and has. Story too long to type.  They teach God is the one who c hastens a pastor.  I agree but if you love someone you will warn them of the chastened hand of the Lord.  We had not spread dissention. Those who knew what he was doing were the ones who knew.  He told 15-20 lies about us and still refuses to repent even though I pointed them out to him. He did not follow the biblical process of church discipline, not even one part.  He is even missing some key sermons on his site...God knows why and so do I.

I told him a pastor is to lead God's church in the love of Jesus Christ.  He is not to push...pull. or drag God's people. He is not king David, the high priest Aaron or Moses.  Jesus is King and high priest.

Now he is going off the deep end on eunichs.  Because of the luster of their hearts...period. they are  other eunichs.  They are not born that way.
[/quote]

LongGone said:
I feel bad that you had this experience. Are you attributing the bad events in the lives of these men to God's judgement for the way they treated you?
[/quote]
First, It was not just me. It was 19 people.  I don't know if it was or was not. I do know the Lord chastens those who He loves. I do know the pastor was telling people something was going to happen to our children. I do know  vengeance is mine saith the Lord and He fights our battles for us, as long as we don't get in His way.

I have seen God handle things like this before..not in health issues but in removing authority figures who went after a child of God without cause.  Actually...5 times. I don't believe in luck or chance. I believe in the hand of God.  He is in control.

I do however find it interesting that all these things happened to them after we were told bad things would happen to us.  God has taken care of us and blessed us with a wonderful pastor who knows our church belongs to God.  Not him.    I had heard enough preaching before on how the pastor is Moses..David or Aaron.  Aaron followed Moses into his sin. And God killed Aaron..first.  this one who recently passed followed his pastor into his sin even at the hurt of others.  This is a man who I love dearly and had once set up on a pedestal.  He said, I'm just following my pastor, when told by another pastor that what that church did to the 19 people was unscriptural.  This pastor quoted verses to which the counselor replied..I'm just following my pastor.  The counselor taught me.. (Jeremiah 17:5 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.  Yet he did just that.
I believe in following the Holy Spirit. They believe in following their pastor...even into his sin.  My real problem was not being willing to lie for his pastor. Who I knew was in sin.  Pastor c was just wanting to get rid of people who knew about his sin. All but one had already left bhbc before the unscriptural churchings. That one was churches because he was wanted to leave to learn under the former youth leader who pastor c was deathly jealous of..for God hath not given us the spirit of fear...some just need to learn how to trust God He is trust worthy.

ubby, most of these type of churches and pastors running them always claim God will harm your children.  I know my children should all be on death row by now if Vineyard & his gang was right.  I know dozens of others that had the same occur with them also.  It is an IFBx mans way to control many good people.  They set it up by their false/unBiblical teaching an authority and scare church members into submission unto their ways.  Glad you saw through it all.

I know the church and pastor you speak of here in the Okc. area.  It is amusing to see the power game that is happening with the pastors of the IFBxer movement in Okc.  They all want to be the head dog amongst themselves.  The one you speak of is trying big time to be the lead guy in fundamentalism in this area of the country.  He has a lot of the ones who left WHBC because of Tom's sexual misconduct by his side now and sees that as a sign of his greatness in my opinion.

Yes he called us leaving, purging the church and sees those who unknowingly, joined his church from WHBC as Gods blessing for the purging.  God does not bless lying, ever.  He is deceived and he is deceiving them.  He was counseled not to accept WHBC's people but he did anyway. What you are saying about him is very true.  He is very prideful and wants to have a huge following.  He seems to continuously try to bring other churches in under his control.  Some were too wise to fall for it.

He told his church that I had sent a recording to all the pastors in Oklahoma......so if there is a pastor in Oklahoma reading this, answer that one for yourself....did you get one?  feel free to post.  Pastor C. lied through his teeth to Gods church and that was just one.  Not one pastor got a copy of the recording and only one has ever heard it, at his own request. He was a pastor that Pastor C. brought into the situation so I let him hear it.  My pastor has not even heard it.  God knows how to deal with unrepentant liars.

All those men who ambushed me that night have had issues with their familes, yet i had been told something was going to happen to mine. Problem is, I was being falsely accused so I was not fearful at all.

Citadel of Truth said:
ubyy said:
Oh yes. This very thing happened to me at bhbc.

What is bhbc? That's not ringing a bell.

I was wondering the same thing. 

Citadel of Truth said:
ubyy said:
Oh yes. This very thing happened to me at bhbc.

What is bhbc? That's not ringing a bell.
  Beth Haven Baptist Church.  SW OKC.  He has caused there to be problems between God's churches and really needs to get it right but refuses.  There should be no strife between God's churches.  Just like there should not be between God's children.  I tried to talk to him about it but he won't get right. He knows he lied to God's church about all of us.  I know what God's word says is to happen when a brother doesn't receive you....process of church discipline.  But what if it is a pastor?