Anyone out there ever been

Yep, it is churches of this nature that leave a black eye on Christianity. 

Had a gentleman at work today ask me several questions about why there are "Baptist" churches on every corner here in the South.  He is from up North and he said since he has been down here for the last month he has seen churches across the street from each other and on opposite corners.  He admits to knowing little about Baptist churches but he says it seems crazy to him.  One of his questions was, "what is the difference between Baptist churches?"  He did admit to knowing of one "crazy" Baptist church in his city.

He told me the church and yeppers an xer church.

ubyy said:
I know what God's word says is to happen when a brother doesn't receive you....process of church discipline.  But what if it is a pastor?

The same process applies equally for a pastor. The goal of church discipline is always restoration. It should be no different for a pastor.

Citadel of Truth said:
ubyy said:
I know what God's word says is to happen when a brother doesn't receive you....process of church discipline.  But what if it is a pastor?

The same process applies equally for a pastor. The goal of church discipline is always restoration. It should be no different for a pastor.

Restore to fellowship with God and to the church.  Some sins disqualify a man from pastoring, no?

My understanding exactly.  My present pastor called pastor R C jr and asked him is he wanted those families restored and he was told NO!  My pastor discerned the spirit do pastor R C Jr.  The families he lied about and got rid of were the ones who knew about his sin.  He was covering us.  We knew about it but we were not telling others what he had done.  Some started judging us for some questions that were asked.  I had said in a church meeting we need to give it to the Lord.  If something was done wrong..NE would take care of it.  Pastor C asked everyone to stand if they were willing to do that and everyone did.  But some started blocking or defriending all those who asked him questions.  Judging us for things they knew nothing about.  A young man disrespected me then later my wife.  At that point I went to him as God's word says.  I told him if it was because of things that were said during the use tin answer session..Don't dig it back up...there are things there that people know that could hurt the church. don't dig it back up.  He said he would not but then did.  That pastors wife and a deacon and his wife were among those defriending on Facebook.  Judging us.  The boy went to pastor c and told him what is said and here we are.  I was told my conversation with the boy was sinful.  I said no..I did what God's word said I should do.  Pastor Carter did not come to me alone...I never had two or three others come to me...nor did my wife by the way...I was not brought before the church.  Pastor Carter changed the words I said.  I have the recording of it and others I obtained to prove it.  Funny how an all knowing Savior prepared.me for pastor Carters lies.  But his church is taught to follow their pastor no matter what.  Aaron followed Moses into his sin and what did God do?  Exodus 20. 

Because of all of this there are problems between churches. It needs to be made right.  We are willing to go before BHBC and talk it all out but he is not.  He likes his deception.  He also made sure he divided his foes and went after them  one on eight.  8 men he had preset up to be against me.  The man has no problem with lying to God's church.  Which i can prove.  He also tried to ruin a man's ministry due to Pastor C's jealousy.  He seems to have no fear of God.

ubyy said:
  He was counseled not to accept WHBC's people but he did anyway.

What does this have to do with his personal situation?
Why would he be counseled to not accept them? Did someone think they were being dividing of WHBC? They left on Biblical grounds because the pastor would not heed to the those that came to him.

Just curious.

JustABigKid said:
ubyy said:
  He was counseled not to accept WHBC's people but he did anyway.

What does this have to do with his personal situation?
Why would he be counseled to not accept them? Did someone think they were being dividing of WHBC? They left on Biblical grounds because the pastor would not heed to the those that came to him.

Just curious.

I think his overall point is the extreme pride being shown forth in the pastor at BHBC.  That is one of his major points against RC Jr. (as he calls him buy his initials)

Thus when he made the comment about "being counselled to not allow the ex WHBC members" it was nothing against the people but rather the fact that he refuses to listen to counsel from anyone.  Supporting his point of the pride of the pastor at BHBC

Right.  I am guessing the counsel was because that counselor believes in following his pastor and letting God take care of him...thus would be the same for those who left WHBC.  I agree that God is the one who chastens a pastor but don't agree that we should not try to help that pastor or person see the Ned for repentance before the c hastening gand of our Lord comes.  I call it love.

We were not the only ones ridiculed by pastor Carter Jr.  Anyone who left was.  His people were told not to talk to those who left. 

By the way I am in no way encouraging anyone to leave Beth Haven if you are going there.  But do pray for your pastor and others to get right.
I refused to lie for my pastor or anyone else.  I was not going to stand as other deacons did and say I am supporting the pastor when I knew he was lying about people.  Thou shalt not bare base witness against thy neighbor.  Acts shows what can happen to those who lie in God's church.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't know much about this church. I only even knew it was in okc when people started leaving whbc and going there. I have only been there one time since and it seemed liked a good church.

JustABigKid said:
Thanks for the clarification. I don't know much about this church. I only even knew it was in okc when people started leaving whbc and going there. I have only been there one time since and it seemed liked a good church.

WHBC, as all cultish churches, seems like a good church on a one time visit.  Well except for Tom being terribly monotone and boring.

Thus people should not just join a church to quickly.

Sadly, that is what many who left WHBC have done.

Yes.  We were members of BHBCfor about 12 years before I saw this.  I was in the bible institute which has good teaching....problem was when this situation popped up the teachings went out the window and we're not put into practice.  Lies were being told about people and No one was to be able to defend them self.  You are to follow your pastor no matter what.  He is Moses...David.. Aaron.  This all happened in the spring of 2013.  One sermon was on absolom and how he tried to steal the hearts of the people.  He was jealous of a youth leader and accusing him of trying to draw people away from the pastor.  I was a deacon who lined a mile from the man and i saw no evidence of that whatsoever.  He never tried to draw me from the pastor.  That happened as I witnessed repeated lying.  Some of the sermons are still on their site.  Two key ones are missing though.  One was on Sunday evening at the end of April.  The one God used to have me talk to the pastor.  He knows that whole story..thus the reason the missionary sermon is not there.  He will probably come up with an excuse which I am willing and would live to hear.  So if he give you one let me know.

What was the sin of the pastor that you gave to the Lord?

It was different for different ones involved.  Mostly it was lying.  I only personally knew of one that he repeated in three different deacons meeting.  I corrected him in all three cases.  The second time I asked the Lord...is he doing it on purpose or is Satan blocking his memory of what I said yesterday.  Then he did it again in the next deacons meeting.  Thou shalt not bare false witness against thy neighbor.  The real original sin was jealousy on his wife's part.  Jealous of a youth leaders wife because she was spending too much time with pic's wife's best friend.  I believe because he did not counsel her properly out of her sin of fear/jealousy God let that fall on pastor C. He then became jealous of the youth leader and it was coming out in preaching.  Thus the wiles of the devil series.  It was like he was preaching about his own sin.  He told the youth leader  he was to be friends with staff and to point others in the church to him.  A lot was going on then too much to get into here.  The main problem was fear and we know God has not given us the spirit of fear.  I had told Pastor C that Satan painted a target on his back the size of the state of texas.  You can't give place to the devil. 

There was nothing that happened that could not be forgiven. The big issue was the unscriptural churchings to cover his sin.  That still is causing problems of flowship between God children.  There is a process that was supposed to take place that did not... if you have a problem with your brother..go to him alone....if he doesn't receive you...take one or two others...if he still doesnt..  go before the church.  None of that took place.  I got ambushed by 8 men and was not brought before the church. 

In fact 18 out of 19 of those he unscriptural lyrics churches had already left the church.  I had withdrawn our membership Saturday morning.  Not due to anger but because I felt that was what God wanted us to do.  He knew exactly why because I told him.  We were churches Sunday night.  Didn't even know we were going to be.  He really drummed up the lies then.  Which can be proven if he likes.