Are the police the real criminals?

Recovering IFB

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
//www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/23/cops-took-more-stuff-from-people-than-burglars-did-last-year/?utm_term=.21621ff64ad1

If we are talking Constitution, most entire police forces are...

If we are talking individuals and the law they are paid to "enforce" , a combination of local municipal and State law, then we have no way of knowing.

If I was to judge by the examples I grew up with, in Chicago and Gary, IN, I'd be pretty skeptical that there are many clean cops, or that they would last long if they were.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
I'd be pretty skeptical that there are many clean cops, or that they would last long if they were.

This is the problem.  "Good" cops are no longer "good" when they cover for the bad their fellow officers commit.  Didn't turn out well for Serpico.

Twisted said:
prophet said:
I'd be pretty skeptical that there are many clean cops, or that they would last long if they were.

This is the problem.  "Good" cops are no longer "good" when they cover for the bad their fellow officers commit.  Didn't turn out well for Serpico.
Most non military or LEO citizens have no idea how communist the culture is in the administration of both.

To be part of either now, you are forced to go along with all sorts of evil.

Sent from my EM756 using Tapatalk

Call me old fashioned, but I think the incendiary nature of the thread title is disrespectful.

Having said that, I did see a show recently (advocating) marijuana grow operations that showed similar statistics, and it gave opinions of former law enforcement officers (like the guy in Michigan who was instrumental in their forfeiture laws) who said that the intent of the original creation of the law was for major criminal enterprises, not average citizens and petty criminals.

ALAYMAN said:
...who said that the intent of the original creation of the law was for major criminal enterprises, not average citizens and petty criminals.

Ask Kent Hovind about the "original intent" of structuring laws.

prophet said:
If we are talking Constitution, most entire police forces are..
earnestly contend
Not true, many of the states Constitutions had security set that the citizenry were responsible for security. An executive officer of the law that had the power to execute judgment, issue arrest warrants and the decision to take life would have been offensive to the framers.

ALAYMAN said:
Call me old fashioned, but I think the incendiary nature of the thread title is disrespectful.

Having said that, I did see a show recently (advocating) marijuana grow operations that showed similar statistics, and it gave opinions of former law enforcement officers (like the guy in Michigan who was instrumental in their forfeiture laws) who said that the intent of the original creation of the law was for major criminal enterprises, not average citizens and petty criminals.

How is this disrespectful? Please explain.

Who was the criminal here?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-orlando-police-officer-killed-20170109-story.html

or just idiots?

http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/news/local-news/deputies-mistake-kitty-litter-for-meth-after-3-days-in-jail-suspect-cleared/637136576

Recovering IFB said:

It seems to be an overgeneralization implying that all police are criminals, similar to the ploy of BLM.  The police didn't write the law, they only enforce it, whether you and I agree or not with the principle of the law.

ALAYMAN said:
Recovering IFB said:

It seems to be an overgeneralization implying that all police are criminals, similar to the ploy of BLM.  The police didn't write the law, they only enforce it, whether you and I agree or not with the principle of the law.

It 'seems' to be an overgeneralization the same way the sun 'seems' to be in the sky.  :)

ALAYMAN said:
Recovering IFB said:

AsTeisted said earlier, when "good cops" are silent, they are as guilty. I have been reading and studying up on  original state constitutions that state that the responsibility of securities fell directly on the citizens. They were to be armed and used by the courts and officer of the courts to handle and administer justice. We have now had an executive police force that has the power to make a decision over life and death.  A power that was not originally granted to them in the Constitution.

Recovering IFB said:
prophet said:
earnestly contend
Not true, many of the states Constitutions had security set that the citizenry were responsible for security. An executive officer of the law that had the power to execute judgment, issue arrest warrants and the decision to take life would have been offensive to the framers.
What was "not true"?

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Recovering IFB said:
prophet said:
earnestly contend
What was "not true"?

earnestly contend
Oops! I misread your comment. You were  agreeing with. My apologies.

There are around 1 million police officers in the United States, around 750,000 full time and around 100,000 part time (excluding federal agents).

How many police are violently killed.
Looking at the 10 years from 2006 to 2015 the annual average number of police deaths was 49.6. The all-time high was the 10-year period prior to 1980, when we had an average of 115 officers feloniously killed in the line of duty every year
The deaths were 7.3 per 100,000 in the 10 years to 2013 compared to 24 per 100,000 in the 10 years to 1980. Some of the improvement is attributed to the wide scale use of body armor by nearly every police force.

How about the number of cases where police shoot suspects.
According to the FBI, over the past decade, the average number police shooting counted was about 400. In 2015 & 2016 that average was closer to 900.

There are more police officers on the street than ever before, with the average number of arrests climbing each year. It stands to reason, with our violent, society the number of suspects who will resist arrest and be killed will increase as well.

sword said:
There are around 1 million police officers in the United States, around 750,000 full time and around 100,000 part time (excluding federal agents).

How many police are violently killed.
Looking at the 10 years from 2006 to 2015 the annual average number of police deaths was 49.6. The all-time high was the 10-year period prior to 1980, when we had an average of 115 officers feloniously killed in the line of duty every year
The deaths were 7.3 per 100,000 in the 10 years to 2013 compared to 24 per 100,000 in the 10 years to 1980. Some of the improvement is attributed to the wide scale use of body armor by nearly every police force.

How about the number of cases where police shoot suspects.
According to the FBI, over the past decade, the average number police shooting counted was about 400. In 2015 & 2016 that average was closer to 900.

There are more police officers on the street than ever before, with the average number of arrests climbing each year. It stands to reason, with our violent, society the number of suspects who will resist arrest and be killed will increase as well.

So you willingly give over your rights to the police? even though they are not Constitutionally legal?