Are you a counterfeit Christian?

rsc2a

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
http://www.churchleaders.com/outreach-missions/outreach-missions-articles/266527-7-signs-you-are-a-counterfeit-christian.html

For the benefit of those who think TL;DR

1.) You feel more guilty for missing church than hurting your neighbor.
2.) You believe the Bible is more important than Jesus.
3.) You wonder how close you can get to sin without actually sinning.
4.) You believe it?s OK to hold a grudge against someone if he or she hurts you bad enough.
5.) You believe real Christians would never engage real sinners.
6.) You believe God rests in a building, not in a group of people.
7.) You think Christian maturity is more about how much you know than what you do.

The Rogue Tomato said:
For the benefit of those who think TL;DR

1.) You feel more guilty for missing church than hurting your neighbor.
3.) You wonder how close you can get to sin without actually sinning.
4.) You believe it?s OK to hold a grudge against someone if he or she hurts you bad enough.
5.) You believe real Christians would never engage real sinners.
6.) You believe God rests in a building, not in a group of people.
7.) You think Christian maturity is more about how much you know than what you do.

LOL.

You said that you didn't know the hearts of men and then you claim this little "list" somehow determines who is and who isn't one of God's chosen?

A double minded man..... I'll let you finish the phrase.

You guys are really something else....

A counterfeit Christian huh?  Would that be someone who believes a counterfeit gospel?

From his Campbell Street Church of Christ website:
Usually part of each worship period will be devoted to preaching from the Bible. At the end of the sermon, the speaker will offer an opportunity to come to the front of the auditorium during a special song to express any need requesting special attention of the church. There may be no response, or some may ask for prayers. This is also a time when people may confess their faith and be baptized into Christ to become a part of his body...to become a Christian.

lol, but ignore your own issues of lack of integrity in speech, keeping goring that evil ol Baptist ox!

The title of this thread reminded me of this (popular? hokey?) Christian youth film....

! No longer available

How many of us have seen this film? HeDied4U raises hand .

In fact, I think I still have a copy of it (on VHS no less) stored away down in my basement.  :eek:  :-[  ;D

:)

The Rogue Tomato said:

John 1 tells us that the Written Word and the Living Word are one and the same. They cannot be separated

Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

John 1 tells us that the Written Word and the Living Word are one and the same. They cannot be separated

I wasn't aware that John 1 said this -- the Scriptures are not Jesus Christ - the testify of Him, as He Himself said.

They certain are separate things.  Jesus is called the Living Word or the Word of God because He embodied everything that God wanted Him to do and be.... unlike us, who may manage it about 5% of the time.

The Scriptures are God's written revelation to man.

Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

Unrepentantly confessing to blatant idolatry...pretty strong indicator.

rsc2a said:
Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

That may be but it has nuttin to do with my post & point #2 which I was responding to

Bob H said:
rsc2a said:
Bob H said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

That may be but it has nuttin to do with my post & point #2 which I was responding to

If Jesus is exactly the same as the written word of the Bible, then you'd think he'd have fewer discrepancies about what books make up the parts of him, and you'd think he'd have fewer errors. 

Personally, I was thinking #2 applied more to KJVOs, but you corrected me on that, unless you are also a KJVO. 

ALAYMAN said:
A counterfeit Christian huh?  Would that be someone who believes a counterfeit gospel?

From his Campbell Street Church of Christ website:
Usually part of each worship period will be devoted to preaching from the Bible. At the end of the sermon, the speaker will offer an opportunity to come to the front of the auditorium during a special song to express any need requesting special attention of the church. There may be no response, or some may ask for prayers. This is also a time when people may confess their faith and be baptized into Christ to become a part of his body...to become a Christian.

lol, but ignore your own issues of lack of integrity in speech, keeping goring that evil ol Baptist ox!

1,2,3 repeat after me 4,5,6 hope it sticks. That is a false gospel.

bruh said:

Is somebody here advocating that?  Was that somewhere in the article that I missed?

I'm most concerned that he's hung up with ethical implications of Christ's commands (and judging other Christians) rather than preaching the true gospel (as opposed to baptismal regeneration).  If there was ever a case of putting the cart before the horse this is it.

ALAYMAN said:
bruh said:

Is somebody here advocating that?  Was that somewhere in the article that I missed?

I'm most concerned that he's hung up with ethical implications of Christ's commands (and judging other Christians) rather than preaching the true gospel (as opposed to baptismal regeneration).  If there was ever a case of putting the cart before the horse this is it.

Translation:  "I see myself in some of those 7 points, so I'm going to attempt to discredit the author on some other point."

ALAYMAN said:
bruh said:

I'm saying that it seems the author is a 1,2,3 guy.

Only speculation of course.

The Rogue Tomato said:
ALAYMAN said:
bruh said:

Translation:  "I see myself in some of those 7 points, so I'm going to attempt to discredit the author on some other point."

Translation : "I don't care about whether somebody preaches a false gospel so long as they gore my favorite oxen".

Bruh said:

My fault, I misunderstood you.  But it's not very likely he's a 1-2-3 guy if he is anywhere close to the usual Church of Christ variety.  But he has apparently broke from the usual harsh mold of Church of Christers.  Of course every denomination has a wide spectrum of varying groups within it, but he's making a break with what he sees as the stodgy and legalistic branch of the Church of Christ.  That' probably a good thing, but so long as he holds on to baptism = salvation then his focus is off the mark.

ALAYMAN said:
Bruh said:

My fault, I misunderstood you.  But it's not very likely he's a 1-2-3 guy if he is anywhere close to the usual Church of Christ variety.  But he has apparently broke from the usual harsh mold of Church of Christers.  Of course every denomination has a wide spectrum of varying groups within it, but he's making a break with what he sees as the stodgy and legalistic branch of the Church of Christ.  That' probably a good thing, but so long as he holds on to baptism = salvation then his focus is off the mark.

I gotcha, well than, he is a counterfeit  Christian lost, dying and on his way to hell if he is trusting in his baptism for salvation.

[quote author=The Rogue Tomato]Translation:  "I see myself in some of those 7 points, so I'm going to attempt to discredit the author on some other point."[/quote]

Well, there is also the "This guy ignores different verses than I ignore so he's clearly unsaved" angle.

rsc2a said:
[quote author=The Rogue Tomato]Translation:  "I see myself in some of those 7 points, so I'm going to attempt to discredit the author on some other point."

Well, there is also the "This guy ignores different verses than I ignore so he's clearly unsaved" angle.
[/quote]

So would you consider the author saved or unsaved?