Bathroom Bills Endanger Queer Kids

Nex Benedict was a non-binary student who as required by law, use the restroom of their birth sex which was a girls' bathroom in the school they attended. It was there they were beaten up by a group of girls, causing their death. The school broke up the attack but never called police or even the hospital for medical cars.

News sources have been leaving out the details of the student being non-binary and the alleged motivation for the bullying and eventually their murder. It took the mother of the victim's friend to report it to news sources as the school and media has tried to keep it under wraps.

As one who has a few trans friends, I fear for their safety and I know they obviously fear for their own. They are being targeted simply for existing as they are.

Just as a black person probably hates the word "nigger", I hate the word "queer" and I wish you would change your thread title to " . . . transgendered kids".
Those of us with reprobate minds of whom God has given up, have had bad experiences with users of that word and while I know you are trying to "normalize" the word, I reallly H.A.T.E. it.

Just as a black person probably hates the word "nigger", I hate the word "queer" and I wish you would change your thread title to " . . . transgendered kids".
Those of us with reprobate minds of whom God has given up, have had bad experiences with users of that word and while I know you are trying to "normalize" the word, I reallly H.A.T.E. it.
It struck me as odd when I discovered that "queer" is the preferred adjective among many within the demographic. Right up there with "Keep Portland Weird".

It struck me as odd when I discovered that "queer" is the preferred adjective among many within the demographic. Right up there with "Keep Portland Weird".
This is true. "Queer" denotes a variety of sexuality types beyond the heterosexual scope. "Transgender" is one identification under that label. "Non-binary" is another and they are not the same thing.

I have several friends who are queer and they are of various stripes: gay, lesbian, transgender and gender-fluid. All of those friends are younger than I am and they have personally told me that "queer" is the umbrella term used to capture those who view their gender or attractions outside hetero types. It is no longer considered a word of derision but rather that of inclusion. (FYI, the ones I've asked all think Furries are weird though. LOL!)

Hence: Queer Theology

1708533838687.png

I totally get it. This is not a term I use lightly but have enough friendships with queer folks to have been able to talk about the subject and the next generation has embraced what once used to be considered a slur, simply because it is an umbrella term, capturing a variety of identifications.

FYI, the murder victim was non-binary which is not the same as transgendered.

This is true. "Queer" denotes a variety of sexuality types beyond the heterosexual scope. "Transgender" is one identification under that label. "Non-binary" is another and they are not the same thing.

I have several friends who are queer and they are of various stripes: gay, lesbian, transgender and gender-fluid. All of those friends are younger than I am and they have personally told me that "queer" is the umbrella term used to capture those who view their gender or attractions outside hetero types. It is no longer considered a word of derision but rather that of inclusion. (FYI, the ones I've asked all think Furries are weird though. LOL!)

Hence: Queer Theology

View attachment 5245
This is exactly how it was explained to me when I asked.

The reason I find it odd is because in adopting the monicker, they testify against themselves in the coming judgement.

Last edited:
This is exactly how it was explained to me when I asked.

The reason I find it odd is because in adopting the monicker, they testify against themselves in the coming judgement.
"Coming judgement" is a personal opinion you hold that others don't so it really doesn't matter to others and certainly isn't motivation for them.

I too believe they won't experience judgement for being queer. Only a shallow, petty deity would create folks a certain way only to judge them for it, IMHO. There IS biblical hermeneutic that lies outside this "judgement" assertion.

"Coming judgement" is a personal opinion you hold that others don't so it really doesn't matter to others and certainly isn't motivation for them.

I too believe they won't experience judgement for being queer. Only a shallow, petty deity would create folks a certain way only to judge them for it, IMHO. There IS biblical hermeneutic that lies outside this "judgement" assertion.
You call the position I take an opinion then start your position with, "I too believe..." Then use "IMHO".

So, whose opinion is correct?

...oh.

While the investigation continues into the altercation. preliminary information from the medical examiner’s office is that a complete autopsy was performed and indicated that the decedent did not die as a result of trauma. At this time, any further comments on the cause of death are currently pending until toxicology results and other ancillary testing results are received. The official autopsy report will be available at a later date.​

Well, down the memory hole that narrative goes...

...oh.

While the investigation continues into the altercation. preliminary information from the medical examiner’s office is that a complete autopsy was performed and indicated that the decedent did not die as a result of trauma. At this time, any further comments on the cause of death are currently pending until toxicology results and other ancillary testing results are received. The official autopsy report will be available at a later date.​

Well, down the memory hole that narrative goes...
It will be interesting to see what unfolds: whether or not there will be a civil suit and if so, what evidences are presented. The other thing that still needs to be investigated as to whether or not this is a wrongful death since it seems homicide has been ruled out. The story and presentation of evidence (or perhaps even lack thereof) has yet to be revealed.

There seems to be a lot of confirmation of Nex being bullied. Data indicate that over the last couple years, anti-LGBTQIA+ hate has grown nationally and Oklahoma has introduced legislation which could be feeding this violent monster and such hateful rhetoric might have contributed into them being bullied and perhaps death.

Oh and yes, I am willing to change my position as evidence is presented and when all is said and done, might be giving you a big mea culpa if the final evidence shows their death was not influenced by hate or bullying.

Nex Benedict was a non-binary student who as required by law, use the restroom of their birth sex which was a girls' bathroom in the school they attended. It was there they were beaten up by a group of girls, causing their death. The school broke up the attack but never called police or even the hospital for medical cars.

News sources have been leaving out the details of the student being non-binary and the alleged motivation for the bullying and eventually their murder. It took the mother of the victim's friend to report it to news sources as the school and media has tried to keep it under wraps.

As one who has a few trans friends, I fear for their safety and I know they obviously fear for their own. They are being targeted simply for existing as they are.

Homosexuallity is a grave sin.

I totally get it. This is not a term I use lightly but have enough friendships with queer folks to have been able to talk about the subject and the next generation has embraced what once used to be considered a slur, simply because it is an umbrella term, capturing a variety of identifications.

FYI, the murder victim was non-binary which is not the same as transgendered.

I get so confused with all the terms that are popping up. I just know that "transgender" means something totally different than "queer" as I knew it, means.

And pop goes the narrative.

By her own admission, Nex Benedict started the fight:

In response to those comments, Nex tells the officer they [sic] poured water from their water bottle on the students and that’s when things escalated....

The officer then advises Nex and Sue Benedict that the courts could view throwing liquid on someone as assault and as the action that started the altercation.

Eventually the Benedicts decide not to seek charges.​

And she did not die as a result of the fight:

Their [sic] cause of death has yet to be determined, but an early autopsy finding Wednesday showed they [sic] did not die as a result of trauma, according to police. Toxicology results and other test results are pending, authorities added.​

Let that be a lesson to all the scolds who post screeds about "transphobia" before the facts are in.

I get so confused with all the terms that are popping up. I just know that "transgender" means something totally different than "queer" as I knew it, means.

What is non binary? And was there more than one person killed in that bathroom?

What is non binary? And was there more than one person killed in that bathroom?
It's the idea that there isn't just 2, but rather there are many different genders.