Betrothed: Unveiling the Gospel through the Ancient Hebraic Wedding

My first reaction was "why is a wimmin preachin'!?" 😈

I digress...

I have heard other preachers draw on the parallels between the gospel the rite of Hebrew marriage. I get where they're coming from and it does make some sense. However, I look at such teaching as purely illustrative; not to be used as a hermeneutic nor theology. I just listened to a message the other day where the pastor brought up this illustration but he left it at a comparison to illustrate his point.

More editing...

A more thorough look at the link provided shows some informative "related" topics. I was, "okaaaaay..." till I saw Mark Driscoll come up. I think I'll pass on spending any more time on the link and them wimmin preechers.

Last edited:
Sorry...because of my previous experience with women preaching, I could only get through the five-minute mark with this woman. That's about all I could take....I'm not against listening to women if it's a Bible study and her input has been asked for, but, outside of that, I just don't listen to this kind of thing. It may not be a popular opinion, but, so be it.

Sorry...because of my previous experience with women preaching, I could only get through the five-minute mark with this woman. That's about all I could take....I'm not against listening to women if it's a Bible study and her input has been asked for, but, outside of that, I just don't listen to this kind of thing. It may not be a popular opinion, but, so be it.
Ditto... except I didn't even make it to 20 seconds.

Ditto... except I didn't even make it to 20 seconds.
I shouldn't have gone to the five-minute mark. Now I'm gonna have nightmares about that weird church that I visited where the woman preached. I was forced to stay during that whole sermon...something I will never do again.

I shouldn't have gone to the five-minute mark. Now I'm gonna have nightmares about that weird church that I visited where the woman preached. I was forced to stay during that whole sermon...something I will never do again.
Wimmin preechers is bad enough but then the link to Mark Driscoll completely ruined whatever credibility that may have remained.

I have a couple introductory thoughts. She gestures and talks with her hands too much. Didn’t we just have a thread not long ago where a Gospel Coalition fella took liberties trying to allegorize sex and the gospel? Jack Schaap and Divine Intimacy was ahead of his time.😁

What’s your thoughts about her claims?

I couldn't bring myself to listen to her for any length of time. There were enough red flags flying even before I hit play and endured >20 seconds of her.

I have a couple introductory thoughts. She gestures and talks with her hands too much. Didn’t we just have a thread not long ago where a Gospel Coalition fella took liberties trying to allegorize sex and the gospel? Jack Schaap and Divine Intimacy was ahead of his time.😁

Well, she was an All-American goalkeeper for LSU, so she is used to being allowed to use her hands. :D

The 1st time she used the word "intimacy", my spidey-senses kicked in and I prepared myself to hear a rehash of the GC guy and Schaap, but she never did go there.

Some good, some questionable stuff. She’s a talented speaker. Was this a lady’s meeting at your church?

What do you think of this message?

I'll listen a little later. The earliest pastor I can remember was a woman. So there will be no dissonance there for me.

There is no Scriptural prescription for a wedding ceremony. The Gospel is to be understood through the law of the Tabernacle, Priesthood, and the Offerings.

Not a wedding ceremony.

However, the ceremony will illuminate an ancient Hebrew understanding of the Law.

And that will be interesting.

I'll listen a little later. The earliest pastor I can remember was a woman. So there will be no dissonance there for me.

There is no Scriptural prescription for a wedding ceremony. The Gospel is to be understood through the law of the Tabernacle, Priesthood, and the Offerings.

Not a wedding ceremony.

However, the ceremony will illuminate an ancient Hebrew understanding of the Law.

And that will be interesting.
Edited to say, as far as the description is factual, it may illuminate an ancient Hebrew understanding of the law.

Well, I’m assuming she was speaking to a room full of women so if that’s the case I don’t have any issues with her teaching in that setting. She used the word/concept of revelation in a slightly unsettling way frequently, and seemed to have something of a word of faith or charismatic affinity in some of her verbiage.

LOL. Well, there was nothing here about ancient Hebrew wedding ceremony. And, she is nothing like the first pastor I remember.

I got to 27:41. I've heard all this before.

She's not a pastor. She's a traveling show. https://moisom.com/

I've seen traveling shows before. There's no authority from a local church. On the contrary, there is an appeal to direct revelation.

As others have pointed out, there is the focus on sex. "Naked and unashamed" vs CLOTHED with righteousnes.

Basically a carnal minstrel show treating us to funnel cakes and nothing of substance.

Wimmin preechers is bad enough but then the link to Mark Driscoll completely ruined whatever credibility that may have remained.
I fully agree. I have a cousin-in-law who is a woman preacher, and she knows I don't agree with her denomination's beliefs on the subject, and how I believe they don't scripturally back their position. Do we still talk? Of course, she's family. Will I ever agree with her position on the subject or her practice of what she believes? No. I have refused to go and hear her speak. There are no hard feelings between either of us. She won't come hear me preach either, and that is her decision, and I'm find with it.

So, I am a complementarian. Women cannot be pastors/elders, or preach to men. However, I was at a pastor's conference and Joni Erickson-Tada spoke. She was the best speaker. Not sure of how I handled the cognitive dissonance, I can't remember.
By juxtaposing teaching and assuming authority in 1 Tim. 2:12, Paul seems to be barring women from the teaching office as possessed by church elders. Which is to say, women are not to teach in the church in a context in which they speak with the church's authority.

A conference isn't a church, and neither Joni nor anyone else on the platform holds any sort of ecclesiastical authority over me, unless my own pastor happens to be one of the speakers. So I'd say she's something along the same lines as a gifted Christian woman writing a book or hosting a podcast. She doesn't know me and can't get me kicked out of my church. So if I don't like what she has to say, I can just refuse to pay attention.

The only kind of "authority" she has is what I grant her by virtue of her credibility and ability to persuade, not a position of leadership in the church. It's the latter Paul is concerned with, not the former.

So, I am a complementarian. Women cannot be pastors/elders, or preach to men. However, I was at a pastor's conference and Joni Erickson-Tada spoke. She was the best speaker. Not sure of how I handled the cognitive dissonance, I can't remember.
I don't recall JET as a "preacher," but I do recall her often giving her testimony, and also speaking under the authority of the local pastor to tell of things that Christians should understand. There's a difference in those things, ya know! ;)

Thats all I need to know, not even clicking on it!
On the "OnlineBaptist.com" site, there's an author and "preacher" from S. Africa that's promoting the ideology that "women pastors" are taught in the Word, and he's using Deborah and Junia as examples. He refuses to accept that these two women weren't pastors, and is being a disruptive goad on the site. He's not even Baptist and is on a Baptist site promoting this heretical doctrine. He even posted a missionary telling about her work for 18 years in a foreign country to try and promote the false narrative. Has anyone else ever heard of "Dr. Robert S. Morley"? Seems like he and his wife, Tina (I firmly believe she wears the pants in the family) run "Light and Life ministries" or something to that effect. A bunch of gobblygook junk, and books (self-published) that push flawed exegesis and incorrect doctrine.