Biblical Discipline:Things That Make You Go "What The .....?"

RevBob said:
The Bible says that it is a shame for a man to have long hair.  That pretty much settles that.  Christian camp = Christian rules.  Christian house = Christian rules.  Christian church = Christian rules.

As for your charge with assault comment, you need Jesus!  Believe in the true Jesus of the Bible (KJV), repent of your sins, and accept Him as Lord and Savior!
You didn't answer the question, how long is long hair?
And why does Ransom needing Jesus have to do with a possible charge of assault? That is a serious Jesus-juke

RevBob said:
T-Bone said:
Since you have falsely charge a fellow believer according to the KJV what does that make you?  Again, can you tell me the length of hair that violates the Scripture?  Now let me give you some advice...don't try to teach anybody anything, you're an idiot.
Fellow believer?  Are you a believer given that you condemn a Christian pastor for cutting the shameful long hair of teenage boy that the pastor was in charge of?!  As for what constitutes "long", frankly that's up to the pastor--he's the one in charge of the boy.    Sure, the preacher was wrong to make such spectacle of it instead of shaming boy's parents/foster parents into doing the right thing.  But he was most certainly right to make the kid look respectable and Christian.

I would kick ur face in and ANY pastor that would touch one of my children like that.

A pastor is not over the children the father is ......

RevBob said:
T-Bone said:
Since you have falsely charge a fellow believer according to the KJV what does that make you?  Again, can you tell me the length of hair that violates the Scripture?  Now let me give you some advice...don't try to teach anybody anything, you're an idiot.
Fellow believer?  Are you a believer given that you condemn a Christian pastor for cutting the shameful long hair of teenage boy that the pastor was in charge of?!  As for what constitutes "long", frankly that's up to the pastor--he's the one in charge of the boy.    Sure, the preacher was wrong to make such spectacle of it instead of shaming boy's parents/foster parents into doing the right thing.  But he was most certainly right to make the kid look respectable and Christian.

I agree.  It's what's on the outside of the cup that counts. 

RevBob said:
As for your charge with assault comment, you need Jesus!  Believe in the true Jesus of the Bible (KJV), repent of your sins, and accept Him as Lord and Savior!

The assault comment was mine, not his.

And whether or not I need Jesus is beside the point. Someone who forcibly cuts a child's hair, without his or his parents' consent, is just as guilty of assault as if he punched him in the mouth, and ought to be prosecuted. There is no "But I'm a pastor, you ignorant reprobates" exemption.

Also,

As for your charge with assault comment, you need Jesus!

Cram it, clown.

Ransom said:
And whether or not I need Jesus is beside the point.
No, that's precisely the point!
Someone who forcibly cuts a child's hair, without his or his parents' consent, is just as guilty of assault as if he punched him in the mouth, and ought to be prosecuted. There is no "But I'm a pastor, you ignorant reprobates" exemption.
And that's the problem with modernist, anti-Christian society!  This kind of attitude is why formerly Christian societies are falling apart, homosexurality is rampant in school, and abortionism is flourishing.

Also,

As for your charge with assault comment, you need Jesus!

Cram it, clown.
Col 4:6

He's a sock. Ignore

RevBob said:
T-Bone said:

You don't work for ISIS, do you?

BALAAM said:
RevBob said:
T-Bone said:

Are you an episcopalian?
http://news.yahoo.com/episcopalians-vote-allowing-gay-marriage-churches-064849720.html

Back to the OP-  What do any of these examples have to do with "Biblical Discipline?"

Don't mean to nit-pick, but it bugs me that egregious examples of things abundantly Un-Biblical are paraded out to disparage something good, wholesome, necessary and commanded.

Bob H said:
He's a sock. Ignore

Not a particularly interesting one, either. On the "classic" FFF, the best socks weren't the one-string banjos.

RevBob said:
T-Bone said:

I do condemn any act of abuse...and I have no problem correcting an out of control pastor who thinks he has the right to run people's lives.  So you think the pastor is the final authority on the acceptable length of people's hair.  Clearly, you are a biblical illiterate, and you don't believe the Bible as you say.  That you think it is appropriate for the pastor to "shame" the foster parents once again speaks that you think abuse is some sort of spirit gift or calling.  I wouldn't let this pastor, or you for that matter teach my bird dog, much less the precious souls that belong to God in the church I serve.

Oh BTW, probably wasting my time in asking this....but could you tell me what a Christian looks like?

RevBob said:
BALAAM said:
RevBob said:
T-Bone said:

Are you an episcopalian?
http://news.yahoo.com/episcopalians-vote-allowing-gay-marriage-churches-064849720.html

No, I am not Episopalian and you will have to go elsewhere because I wouldn't marry you to your boyfriend even if I was!! ;) ;) ;)

BALAAM said:
RevBob said:
BALAAM said:
RevBob said:
T-Bone said:

Are you an episcopalian?

No, I am not Episopalian and you will have to go elsewhere because I wouldn't marry you to your boyfriend even if I was!! ;) ;) ;)

Post of the summer!

BALAAM said:
RevBob said:
BALAAM said:
RevBob said:
T-Bone said:

Are you an episcopalian?

Sorry to disappoint YOU--I'm a real man, happily married to a good Christian woman!  I have no interest in your homofaggotry!

Sock or not, it's amazing and scary this kind of thinking still exists.  "Pastor being the ultimate authority of how long a kid's hair is."  Bwahahahaha.

I went to a Christian school as a kid where the church running the school literally had a barber "backstage" so that any guy coming forward for salvation could start on his path towards sanctification with the Christian life's seminal moment...a haircut!!!  ::)

T-Bone said:
I do condemn any act of abuse...and I have no problem correcting an out of control pastor who thinks he has the right to run people's lives.  So you think the pastor is the final authority on the acceptable length of people's hair.  Clearly, you are a biblical illiterate, and you don't believe the Bible as you say.  That you think it is appropriate for the pastor to "shame" the foster parents once again speaks that you think abuse is some sort of spirit gift or calling.  I wouldn't let this pastor, or you for that matter teach my bird dog, much less the precious souls that belong to God in the church I serve.

Oh BTW, probably wasting my time in asking this....but could you tell me what a Christian looks like?

Clearly, you don't condemn acts of abuse, such as what was happening to that boy whereby the legal guardians allowed him to be disgraced by long hair!  And, no, pastor is not an authority on hair length--the Bible is!  Christians, including the pastors, are commanded to enforce that Biblical mandate, at least in Christian settings.  Your statements against Biblical lifestyle only show that you belong to a cultural church, and not a true Christian church.

So what does a Christian look like?  Graceful and modest, a man looks like a man, dresses in man's close, doesn't have the disgraceful long hair.  A woman looks like a woman, with long hair, wearing modest woman's clothes, not pants and not clothes that expose nakedness.

RevBob said:
Sorry to disappoint YOU--I'm a real man, happily married to a good Christian woman!  I have no interest in your homofaggotry!

The troll protests too much, methinks . . .

RevBob said:
T-Bone said:

Clearly, you don't condemn acts of abuse, such as what was happening to that boy whereby the legal guardians allowed him to be disgraced by long hair!  And, no, pastor is not an authority on hair length--the Bible is!  Christians, including the pastors, are commanded to enforce that Biblical mandate, at least in Christian settings.  Your statements against Biblical lifestyle only show that you belong to a cultural church, and not a true Christian church.

So what does a Christian look like?  Graceful and modest, a man looks like a man, dresses in man's close, doesn't have the disgraceful long hair.  A woman looks like a woman, with long hair, wearing modest woman's clothes, not pants and not clothes that expose nakedness.

I sense you have a hopeless case of Man of God ism.

All believers are priests of God whether men or women.

Me thinks the Rev is not a Baptist or at least one that hold to the Baptist Distinctives.

bgwilkinson said:
I sense you have a hopeless case of Man of God ism.

All believers are priests of God whether men or women.

Me thinks the Rev is not a Baptist or at least one that hold to the Baptist Distinctives.
Can you point out the verses in the Christian Bible that say that women are priests of God?

And, no, not a Baptist--I'm a fundamental true Christian.  Though my church has Baptist roots, by the Grace of the Lord, we did not fall into the trap of modernist liberalism!

RevBob said:
T-Bone said:

At first glance you might think these guys look like hippie wimps but valiant all.... a couple of martyr's, a couple of early American (and England) evangelists and a guy who could chop down a tree with a single swing and owned Babe the Big Blue Ox!  ;)

John Wycliffe

Jon Huss

George Whitefield

John Wesley

John Bunyan