Bob Gray is concerned.

Tarheel Baptist said:
http://solvechurchproblems.com/2019/02/19/direction-of-paul-chappell/?fbclid=IwAR2o2hUr7sk_YYF9pK-WDOTBfdTAxNTpRx7taH6w38VkAiU7KENrR3Ujfo4

I have no ax to grind with Paul Chappell. If he decided to return to the old fashion fundamentalism, which we?ve been fighting for decades, I would embrace him and applaud him. I can think of nothing that would please me more than to be able to define Paul Chappell as an old-fashioned, rock-ribbed, independent, fundamental, Baptist preacher. Unfortunately I don?t see that as a possibility at this point

Very interesting... Scott Gray was working for Jack Schaap after leaving Tony Hutson when BG decided it was time to "speak out about him..."
His son Scott has been fellowshipping with and preaching for Chapell lately... coincidence?

TheRealJonStewart said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
Escapee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
Escapee said:
LOL. So you believe Christians have segments of their lives where the gospel is set aside.

Define "set aside".

I'm not sure your point as the majority of us work for lost people/corporations that are involved in wicked things and live wicked lives.  Is that "setting the gospel aside"?

If we?re arguing over Chappell being scheduled to speak at an SBC church, that point is moot.
Believe it or not, we in the SBC preach the same gospel that you preach.  :)

Yes WE do! :)

You never answered Twisted's reply about defining "set aside" nor my response on whether or not we should fight for religious freedom in our nation.

I thought that was addressed to escapee.
Personally, I am all for fighting to maintain religious freedom.
Religious freedom is for fundys, neos, catholics, charismatics and even cults.

Since we re for answering questions:
Twisted never answered my question about whether or not a rock ribbed fundamentalist could preach at an SBC church and remain a RRF.

That question was directed for "Escapee" who seemed to have escaped from the questions at hand.

I havent escaped, I just wont waste another second of my time with circular fundy reasoning! Its a dead end street just like the movement itself! Last word!

TheRealJonStewart said:
I wonder if Bob Gray is concerned about his son now after what he posted LOL.

You beat me to the post.  :)
I wonder if Bob Gray II is still considered a rock ribbed fundamentalist?

TheRealJonStewart said:

Probably -- what Bob Gray II said was pretty much a repudiation of how his father did "leadership".

Tarheel Baptist said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

You beat me to the post.  :)
I wonder if Bob Gray II is still considered a rock ribbed fundamentalist?
I don't feel like reading this whole thread.
Can you direct me to the post referencing what Bob Gray 2 is saying to miff his dad?
Call me lazy, or only mildly interested...

ALAYMAN said:
Escapee said:
The issue in this thread is something that I have brought up to friends and even family. I see IFB guys going to Washington and praying with and having speakers at the Capitol Connection that are not IFB. Chappell has been on Todd Starnes show and Todd is a faithful SBC man. Here it is.....Its fine to be in unity for political events but it is not for gospel events! Really makes me want to puke and what a joke! IFB hypocrisy is beyond comical and unbiblical!

J Frank Norris, arguably the grand daddy of the militant IFB wing, would yolk up with many unsavory characters as long as their common enemy of Communism was the target.  The political expediency of such ventures was for the good of our nation, at least as he saw it at the time.  The simple truth, whether you agree with that sort of alliance for those political purposes or not, is that Norris felt like he could have such relationships while affecting the greater moral good in society all the while not allowing those unsavory political alliances to have any sway over his ecclesiastical affairs.  I don't disagree with that notion.  Just because a preacher works in the civic domain by forging less than ideal partnerships doesn't mean such relationships will corrupt his doctrinal teaching to the flock.
Rome and Hitler paid Norris well for his contributions....

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk