Bob Ross is Out

I

However, I was talking with a man who said that Bob Ross is blameless; what actually happened is that Bob Ross was out of town when all of this stuff happened. An assistant pastor reached out to Bob Ross to tell him about what happened, and Bob Ross told him to call the police and report it. The assistant failed to do so, and blamed Bob Ross.

I'm not sure that I believe it, but it could be true...
Walt, neither one of us KNOWS what happened, but I don't see how they could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Bob KNEW what was happening. I hope that he is doing well. But if Bob's doctrine that a local church can solve all problems, including crime, had become popular, we would have a new wave of church scandals.

I'm not sure whether to post this here, or to start a new thread.
With the plea bargain agreement (NAOG), the charges should have been dismissed in Nov 2020 (after the 3-month probation).

However, I was talking with a man who said that Bob Ross is blameless; what actually happened is that Bob Ross was out of town when all of this stuff happened. An assistant pastor reached out to Bob Ross to tell him about what happened, and Bob Ross told him to call the police and report it. The assistant failed to do so, and blamed Bob Ross.
That's the story I was told by this guy. Kind of puts a different light on it, if true.
I'm not sure that I believe it, but it could be true... the problem I'm having is that I heard him preach once, and (if I remember correctly), he preached that the authority is always right, and I abhor that doctrine... so, I'm finding it hard to be completely objective.
I don't know this group. But the story being sold is that something illegal happened - Bad enough that requires leadership to call the police. Then the guy in charge never inquires as to what the police said or what happened? If they are typical IFB the leaders are typically extreme control freaks and he just lets an underling handle it without ever asking any questions?

Ross' grandson become a seeker sensitive liberal and a world famous bodybuilder and he worships false teacher Keith Craft. What's worse than that is Jesse (Stone) worships Joe Biden. No wonder Tom Vineyard holds grudges.

Folks, I'm not trying to start a problem here; I'm trying to solve one.

Alvin, I notice that you keep posting the same information, which does seem to be accurate. Decades ago, I was an assistant pastor at Windsor Hills Baptist Church, apparently before your time there. Could you please explain to me why you posting these facts? I am not hostile to you (Neither one of us has ever wronged the other), nor am I hostile to the people you refer to (I never met most of them).
A private conversation between us could be helpful to both of us. My e-mail is Threeofu@hotmail.com
I am also inviting you to become friends with me on Facebook.

I don't know this group. But the story being sold is that something illegal happened - Bad enough that requires leadership to call the police. Then the guy in charge never inquires as to what the police said or what happened? If they are typical IFB the leaders are typically extreme control freaks and he just lets an underling handle it without ever asking any questions?
I can only say what I was told... that Bob Ross was out of town when this broke; an assistant called him and he said to notify the police. By the time Bob Ross returned, the police had been brought in, and the assistant threw the blame for not reporting on Bob Ross. I wasn't there; I don't know the timeline. It could be, I suppose. Perhaps he was indeed lax in checking up.
Personally, I don't have a good opinion of him -- not from this, but from a message when he indicated that he always backs the authority, no matter what... that is NOT Scriptural, and such teaching has done a lot of harm.

So glad to hear he is no longer the pastor there. Now I hope they can do better this time selecting a new pastor!!
I graduated from OBC and left WHBC in the 90's. Thank God I walked away from the IFB. Now I feel free!
I still preach the cross and still seek the souls of men, but not as a IFB, thank God! Did you know that you don't have to be
a Baptist to lead souls to Christ?
OBC and WHBC brainwashed us to think that only the IFB was the only denomination that was "right"
Step out from IFB and be free! Be free to go to church without a necktie, God won't mind, neither will His Son!
Stay true to Jesus, but no need to wave the IFB flag, OBC flag, Hyles-Anderson, BIMI, or Bob Gray's flag!
Jesus was not a Baptist, and thank God I no longer am.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to finish my sermon on the Cross which I will preach on Sunday.
Graduate of OBC (blech!)

I honestly don't know that much about him; I've heard him preach once or twice I think, but because he defended the Vineyard regime, I was uneasy about him.

I pray that the church will see someone committed to exalting Christ and Him alone.
If a pastor is oblivious to the fact that a 16-year-old girl is being sexual with men in the church, then that pastor (Ross)
is not "...tending to the flock."
It is possible that Ross was unable to exercise church discipline, because he himself may have been dirty.
-graduate of OBC (when Bob Ross was there)
No excuse Bob!

If a pastor is oblivious to the fact that a 16-year-old girl is being sexual with men in the church, then that pastor (Ross)
is not "...tending to the flock."
It is possible that Ross was unable to exercise church discipline, because he himself may have been dirty.
-graduate of OBC (when Bob Ross was there)
No excuse Bob!
I don't think that it's fair to imply that a pastor should always know everything that everyone is doing.
I'm not a fan of pastor who travel and preach away extensively; they do need to be at the church to which they were called.

I don't think that it's fair to imply that a pastor should always know everything that everyone is doing.
Sorta gives you an idea of what kind of pastor "graduate" is. Avoid at all costs.

Who is Bob Ross, is this important?
Bob Ross was the Youth Pastor under the Vineyard clan in Oklahoma... He was the one called to be pastor of Open Door Baptist Church in Mesquite, Texas, after the disgrace/suicide of their previous pastor (Matt Jarrell).

If you read this thread, while Bob Ross was pastor, some men were arrested and charged with molesting children: Bob Ross was arrested and charged with not notifying authorities about what whas going on. Bob Ros was let go by the church... if you read the thread, you'll note that the case against Bob Ross has run its course.
I posted a coda to this thread because someone I met who says he knows Bob Ross stated that Bob Ross was completely innocent and was a scapegoat. I posted it here for what it's worth.

Plus Ross' grandson Jesse Jackson (Stone) left the Vineyards to become a bodybuilder and now he worships woke libtard Matt Chandler and Jesse's new pastor is TBN prosperity preacher Keith Craft.

Jesse made several videos on online defending Ross called "Don't Judge Others". Now Jesse is a full woke libtard worships Biden and false teachers Chandler and Carl Lentz. Wonder how awkward it was for Ross to try and explain to the M.O.G. Tom Vineyard that Jesse was leaving OBC to go "mainstream".

Shouldn't be too long before Jimmy V invites Ross back to Higher Plains to preach.

Jesse still makes Facebook Live Videos defending his grandfather which is understandable but he always "Don't Judge" and yes unfortunately he may be a worldly Christian who is a SJW Soy Boy like former OBC preacher boy Joel McCarty. It's too bad Jesse never made peace with Jim Vineyard. Don't think Tom will ever will be willing to bury the hatchet on those who left the flock.

That's the story I was told by this guy. Kind of puts a different light on it, if true.
I'm not sure that I believe it, but it could be true...

Bob Ross will be in the lake of fire according to Rev 21:8 (I am not really sure if he will be in the lake of fire because I don't know his heart). I do know this though that he still is not repentant for his part in all of the mess. I am here to tell you as a former member of Open Door that he knew before that weekend in which he was out of town. When he held a members only meeting he gave a detailed timeline of when everything happened. The youth pastor told him that there was talk of an affair between adult and the victim (She is the victim) prior to the the arrest. Ross told the members that he met with both of them and asked if they were having an affair to which they both denied. Ross said with them denying it he had no reason to report it.

The weekend when all the stuff when down the Winn started acting erratic towards his wife and she feared that she would be harmed so called the youth pastor or his wife. They decided to take her and her children to a safe place, remove Winn's guns from his house, and then called and reported the crime to the police. Winn then was hiding and Ross had him come up to church to talk with him. They talked and Ross talked Winn into turning himself into the police.

Ross was so proud of how well he had done taking notes of all that went on that he bragged that he was in no danger of being arrested. He told how he turned over the notes and time line of the events that transpired from when he learned of the allegations. So no he is not this sacrifical lamb that he makes himself out to be. I have no place to judge him because that is up to God to do later at the end of this age. I know Jesus already paid for that sin of pride, lying to keep his testimony, and arrogance. I though can not sit and watch as he tries to lie about his part in the harm of the victim and Winn's wife and children.

THE Jesse Jackson is back on Facebook defending Ross his grandfather. Jesse sure loves to use the phrase "Don't Judge Others" and will defend Ross to no end. So when Jesse isn't busy being a bodybuilder or being a social justice warrior kneeling to protest with the colored folks, he's defending his grandad. Sadly we never here from another one Ross' students soy boy Joel McCarty. McCarty is too woke to pay attention to what happened to Ross and he's too busy telling white people how horrible they are.

Funny how Bob Ross came to defend Tommy V and when people threw Ross under the bus, Jesse made Facebook Live videos called "Don't Judge Others" defending Ross his grandfather. I'm sure Ross doesn't approve of Jesse leaving the compound back in 09 to become liberal and seeker sensitive.

How did Ross disqualify him self to be a pastor? Just wondering, if Ross was convicted, served his 90 days probation time, dust of his pride and what qualifies him as an evangelist? I saw a big advertisement in in Revival Fires, and have heard he has been at other OK churches. Is he Biblically qualified to Preach? - Its only been 2 years.